ADVENTURE GAME HINTS & HELP
There are some simple things that can be done to make this site run more
smoothly for everyone. Please follow these guidelines for posting, and we'll be
able to give all of you even better service:
§ Be sure to put the name of the game that you are playing in the title bar of
§ Be as specific as possible--if you just say "I'm having trouble with ------"
that doesn't give us much to work with. Outline what you've already done ...
§ PLEASE only use one thread per game for your questions. Any more than that,
and you are pushing other people's threads off the page. Don't worry that your
message will be overlooked if it's at the end of a long thread--all the
moderators get notification every time someone posts.
§ If you are e-mailing one of the moderators or administrators privately,
PLEASE put the word "GameBoomers" in the subject line. We get such a huge
volume of e-mail that otherwise your message might be deleted unread.
§ If your e-mail address isn’t accessible through the forum, there is no way we
can send you a saved game; that form for creating messages when you don’t want
to post your address won’t allow us to send attachments. So if you want a save,
you’ll have to give your e-mail address to the moderator—but please, send it
privately, don’t post it on the forum and/or the e-mail address will be
shown on the member's profile regardless of the member's preference.
TO SEND A SAVED GAME:
l. Find the save in your game folder
2. Right-click on the save
3. On the menu that comes up, put your cursor on "send to"
4. On next menu, Left-click on "mail recipient"
5. You should now have an e-mail with the save as an attachment--just put in the
address and send...
TO DOWNLOAD A SAVED GAME:
1. If you already have a save with the same number as the one you are
downloading, move it to the desktop until you have finished
2. In the e-mail, double-click on the little icon in the attachment bar
3. In the box that comes up, be sure "save it to disk" is checked, and click
4. Now you have the "Save attachment as" box--just put the URL of the place
where your game saves are located in the white bar at the top and click "save".
For some games, an additional file (for example, a .jpg file) will be needed, in
addition to the save file...