GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dark Eye Games #1001505
02/08/15 10:29 AM
02/08/15 10:29 AM
SE Michigan
T
The Haze Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
The Haze  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
T

SE Michigan
I am in the process of finishing "Memoria" and have enjoyed it, so I went to Google to see if there are more "Dark Eye" games. I came away more confused than ever. There seem to be perhaps as many as 11 and as few as three "Dark Eye" games. Could someone who has played them please explain the number and perhaps the lineage of these games?

If all the people were heroes, there would be no one to watch the parades.
Re: Dark Eye Games [Re: The Haze] #1001513
02/08/15 10:51 AM
02/08/15 10:51 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Most games with "Dark Eye" in the title are not adventures. They are mostly RPG's and most aren't all that related to each other except in that they take place in the "Dark Eye universe." For example this one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye:_Demonicon

"Dark Eye" also refers to an RPG ruleset, described here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye

"Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav" and "Dark Eye: Memoria" are the only games in the adventure game series you're thinking of.

The only other "Dark Eye" game that is an adventure is an unrelated game from 1995, called "The Dark Eye," and which is a horror game based on some of the works of Edgar Allan Poe.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dark-eye

Re: Dark Eye Games [Re: The Haze] #1001515
02/08/15 10:54 AM
02/08/15 10:54 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I can clear up some of the mystery. There was a game released in 1995 that you can read about here that was based upon the works of Edgar Allan Poe. No connection to Memoria and Chains of Satinav.

If you look here, it lists the video games that have taken place in the same world as that of Chains of Satinav and Memoria - I am not familiar with all of the games on the list (scroll down and you will see a list of video games listed), but most if not all are RPGs. As far as I know, Chains of Satinav and Memoria are the only two games that take place in this world that are adventure games.

Re: Dark Eye Games [Re: The Haze] #1001586
02/08/15 07:46 PM
02/08/15 07:46 PM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
The Haze, I've played The Dark Eye chains of Satinav. It's a point and click adventure game. It's the first in the series and Memoria is the second. If you liked Memoria you will most definitely like Chains of Satinav .

Gail
Re: Dark Eye Games [Re: The Haze] #1001587
02/08/15 07:49 PM
02/08/15 07:49 PM
SE Michigan
T
The Haze Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
The Haze  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
T

SE Michigan
Thanks all. I have finished "Memoria" and will most certainly "Chains of Satinov." Thanks to all for the above information.

If all the people were heroes, there would be no one to watch the parades.
Re: Dark Eye Games [Re: The Haze] #1001614
02/09/15 01:02 AM
02/09/15 01:02 AM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haze I'm playing Chains of Satinov right now. It was one of several games I bought on the cheap during the summer sale at Gog. If I'm not mistaken Memoria and Chains together cost me ten bucks. Along with six or seven other games they created a pile of unplayed games in my folder. Chains of Satinov at least the first third of it is an incredible game. I have yet to play Memoria so I can't make a comparison. I played three of the games I bought during that sale that retailed for thirty bucks on average. One of them was a "Chapters" thing that came in four parts for twenty bucks each. I paid ten for the complete set and feel over charged. They shall not be named because they are highly regarded games liked by many. I found them to be complete garbage. The good news is they were ultra cheap thanks to the Gog summer sale. What a great surprise Satinov turns out to be it soothes the pain cause by the others. Now if Memoria is as good then I won't mind throwing away three games, maybe more there are a couple others waiting yet untested.

Re: Dark Eye Games [Re: The Haze] #1001653
02/09/15 08:38 AM
02/09/15 08:38 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav is the first in the series.
Dark Eye: Memoria is the second.
It's best to play them in order if you intend to play both.
But if you only intend to play one of them, I'd recommend Memoria.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (michele rose), 400 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users