GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sip & Surf Sunday #1008372
03/28/15 08:42 PM
03/28/15 08:42 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want.
~Tori Filler
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bar owner in the Old West has just hired a timid new bartender. The owner of the establishment is giving his new hire some instructions on running the place. He tells the timid man, "If you ever hear that Big John is coming to town, drop everything and run for the hills!! He's the meanest, biggest, nastiest outlaw who ever lived!!" A few weeks pass uneventfully. But one afternoon, a local cowhand comes running through town yelling, "Big John is coming to town!! Run for your lives!!!" When the bartender exits the saloon to start running, he's knocked to the ground by several townspeople scurrying out of town. As he's picking himself up, he sees a large man approaching the saloon, probably about 7 feet tall, muscular, grunting and growling as he walks. He stomps up to the door, orders the poor barkeep inside, and demands, "I want a beer NOW!!" He pounds his heavy fist on the bar, splitting it in half. The bartender nervously hands the big man a beer, hands shaking. He takes the beer, rips the top of the bottle off with his teeth, and downs the beer in one gulp. As the poor timid bartender cowers behind the bar, the big man gets up to leave. "Do you want another beer?" the bartender calls out. "Dang it, I don't have time!!" the big man yells. "I gotta get out of town!!! Big John is a-comin??"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God. "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction, and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made." Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance." "Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor. Over there I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things," God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice." The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, "What's that one?" "Ah," said God "That's Washington State, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful mountains, rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills, plains, and coulees. The people from Washington State are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats, and carriers of peace." Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance." God smiled, "There is another Washington...wait until you see the idiots I put there."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The story is told of the Atheist who accosted a preacher. "Do you believe in eternal life?" The preacher has no time to reply. "Well its a load of rubbish!" shouted the Atheist. "I believe in science, evolution, survival of the fittest, and when we die, that's it! No eternal life, no great judgement, and no God!" The Atheist continues his assault against the preacher repetitiously and tirelessly. "Eternal life! Eternal life! Ha! "Its all pie in the sky when you die." When I die that's it, the end, no eternal life, no nothing. He continues, until he reaches his climax, "I will be buried six feet under when I die and that's it! Nothing! Caput! When I die I am utterly convinced that that will be the end of me!" "Well thank God for that" replies the preacher!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam was walking outside of the Garden of Eden with Cane and Abel when the boys were young. Cane and Abel looked into the garden and viewed waterfalls, lovely birds, lush forests and fruit trees bending over because of the large amounts of fruit on them. Then they took a long look at where they lived at. It was dry, dusty with weeds and sickly-looking trees. "Daddy? Why don't we live in there instead of out here?" they asked innocently. Adam said, "Well sons. Eve and I use to live in there at one time. But your mother ate us out of house and home."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nelson Mandela is sitting at home watching the telly when he hears a knock at the door. When he opens it, he is confronted by a little Chinese man, clutching a clip board and yelling, "You sign! You sign!" Behind him is an enormous truck full of car exhausts. Nelson is standing there in complete amazement, when the Chinese man starts to yell louder. "You sign! You sign!" Nelson says to him, "Look mate, you've obviously got the wrong bloke. Push off", and shuts the door in his face. The next day he hears a knock at the door again. When he opens it the little Chinese man is back with a huge truck of brake pads. He thrusts his clipboard under Nelson's nose, yelling, "You sign! You sign!" Mr Mandela is getting a bit hacked off by now, so he shoves the little Chinese man back, shouting: "Look, push off ! You've got the wrong bloke! I don't want them!" Then he slams the door in his face again. The following day, Nelson is resting, and late in the afternoon, he hears a knock on the door again. On opening the door, there is the same little Chinaman thrusting a clipboard under his nose, shouting "You sign! You sign!" Behind him are TWO very large trucks full of car parts. This time Nelson loses his temper completely, he picks up the little man by his shirt front and yells at him; "Look, I don't want these! Do you understand? You must have the wrong name! Who do you want to give these to?" The little Chinese man looks at him very puzzled, consults his clipboard, and says: "You not Nissan Maindealer?"

GROAN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pope had just finished a tour of the East Coast and was taking a limousine to the airport. Having never driven a limo, he asked the chauffeur if he could drive for awhile. Well, the chauffeur didn't have much of a choice, so he climbs in the back of the limo and the Pope takes the wheel. The Pope proceeds onto HWY 95, and starts accelerating to see what the limo could do. He gets to about 90 mph, and suddenly he sees the blue lights of the State Police in his mirror. He pulls over and the trooper comes to his window. The trooper, seeing who it was, says, "Just a moment please, I need to call in." The trooper calls in and asks for the chief. He tells the chief that he's got a REALLY important person pulled over, and asks how he should handle it. "It's not Ted Kennedy again is it?" replies the chief. "No Sir!" replied the trooper, "This guy's more important." "Is it the Governor?" replied the chief. "No! Even more important!" replies the trooper. "Is it the PRESIDENT??? replied the chief. "No! Even more important!" replies the trooper. "Well WHO is it?" screams the chief. "I don't know Sir." replies the trooper, "but he's got the Pope as his chauffeur."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Following the death of Quasimodo. the Bishop of the Cathedral Church of Notre Dame sent word throughout the streets of Paris that a new bellringer would need to be appointed. The Bishop decided that he would himself conduct the interviews, and went up into the belfry to interview the candidates. After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he decided to call it a day, when an armless man approached him announcing that he was there to apply for the post.. The Bishop, incredulous declared, " My Son, you have no arms!" " No matter" replied the man. He then proceeded to strike the bells with his face, producing the most beautiful melody on the carillon. The Bishop was astonished, believing he had indeed found a suitable replacement for Quasimodo. But in rushing forward to strike a bell, the armless man tripped, and plunged headlong out of the belfry to his death in the street below. The Bishop, stunned rushed to his side. When he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beauty of the music they had heard, but a moment before. As they parted in silence to allow the Bishop through, one of the number asked " Bishop, who was this man?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The math teacher saw that little Johnny wasn't paying attention in class. She called on him and said, "Johnny! what are 4, 2, 28 and 44?" Little Johnny quickly replied, "NBC, CBS, HBO and the Cartoon Network!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A mother is reading a book to her 3 year old daughter. Mother: "What does the cow say?" Child: "Moo!" Mother: "Great! What does the cat say?" Child: "Meow." Mother: "Oh, you're so smart! What does the frog say?" The wide-eyed little 3 year-old looks up at her mother and in her deepest voice replies, "Bud."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Sunday already? shocked

It's actually been a very long weekend for me. Even though I was working, Thursday and Friday seemed like Saturday to me. Don't know why. duh

Thank you MaG! THAT'S what I live for. thumbsup

You gotta take what I say with a grain of salt though. I may exaggerate a little. snicker

Actually I'd say I'm the biggest exaggerator in the whole wide world, probably the universe.

Anyway, I don't believe my own press. A nice lady once said, "Don’t be so humble–you are not that great."
~Golda Meir

I'm trying not to be humble.

OMG I worked so hard today I think I'm about to fall over dead.

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008374
03/28/15 09:34 PM
03/28/15 09:34 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Have a great day joe! Its going to be a day of rest today. Yesterday was exhausting and it's still going.

Have a happy day all!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1008383
03/29/15 12:33 AM
03/29/15 12:33 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Enjoy your Sunday everyone. happydance

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008385
03/29/15 03:30 AM
03/29/15 03:30 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Have a relaxing Sunday everyone. smile wave

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008391
03/29/15 04:58 AM
03/29/15 04:58 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe, Ana, SpaceQ, Haroula and everyone. It's a chilly morning here only 27 degrees. Coffee is ready. Hope everyone has a relaxing peaceful Sunday. cat spring wave

Gerry
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008400
03/29/15 06:24 AM
03/29/15 06:24 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. It's 42 this morning, and a few days ago it was 90. Some really strange weather. Breakfast out and grocery shopping this morning. I have an early morning doctor appointment tomorrow.It's a new doctor and I'm nervous. My doctor went to practice at UCF. To all here and all who follow, have a Wonderful Sunday. Danish, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns, BB Pancakes, and Toast in the NC. spring

Connie
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008406
03/29/15 10:29 AM
03/29/15 10:29 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Joe thanks for the chuckles and have a lovely day!

Ana enjoy a relaxing Sunday! Have a lovely day!

Space have a lovely day!

Haroula have a lovely day!

Gerry thanks for the coffee and have a lovely day!

Connie enjoy breakfast out and shopping. Thanks for the danish and have a lovely day!

wave
Nan

Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: auntiegram] #1008407
03/29/15 10:34 AM
03/29/15 10:34 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers. Hope your Sip & Surf Sunday is super duper!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Doggy-sitting for daughter and SIL's pup today as they are going into Los Angeles to see a play. woot

Alrighty, off to see what's afoot!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008412
03/29/15 12:15 PM
03/29/15 12:15 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hello Joe, Ana, SQF, Haroula, Gerry, Connie, Nan, Darlene and the rest of the gang when you're up and at em!

Oh the weekend...my favorite part of the week; too bad there are not more of them in the week wink

Currently gardening, sippin a cupa tea and listening to music (headphones :o) with wife with the majority of the day earmarked as 'rest'

But who knows...I may get antsy (and reminded by wife) that I need to do something...there's always lots to do lol

Woo hoo hoo...have fun dog sitting Darlene, that will be fun!

Oh my Connie..42 degrees..whoa that's chilly for you! Stay safe while you're out and about!

Wishing everyone a wonderous Sunday!

wave

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008422
03/29/15 12:50 PM
03/29/15 12:50 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Super Sunday ya'll puppy

Been up for a bit cleaning and eating. Will tackle the taxes as soon as I get us all smoothied. I might even feel well enough to do a gentle walk with hubby and the doggies...we shall see how the taxes go. Generally, they leave me quite depressed which is why I leave them as late as I can lol

Daughter has been linking me recipes again, so I've been printing them this morning. Apparently, I'll be in the kitchen a lot puppy

Hubby found the best chocolate tea...oh my happydance

Joe, I love the Adam and Eve joke thumbsup I miss those Bud frogs!

Ana, hope you are resting!

Space, have a great day!

Haroula, are you enjoying your day?

Gerry, stay warm.

Connie, we'll be wanting this cool weather back in a few months, I bet. Enjoy your day and I hope your new doc is great!

Nan, what are you up to?

Darlene, how nice of you to babysit. What play?

Soot hearts

Ok, off to install software and then make smoothies and start yogurt so son will have something nutritious in his body before he goes to work.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008475
03/29/15 07:45 PM
03/29/15 07:45 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Quite day today. I hope that means everyone is having fun!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1008478
03/29/15 08:02 PM
03/29/15 08:02 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Hi looney.

It was cold here again today Ana. woozy

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008480
03/29/15 08:22 PM
03/29/15 08:22 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Quiet day for you at home, Ana?

Space, cold here too wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008482
03/29/15 08:36 PM
03/29/15 08:36 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
It was rainy, and then we had hail and it's been crazy windy. It has been a very lazy day. I've been enjoying it.

How was your day?

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008484
03/29/15 08:49 PM
03/29/15 08:49 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It was productive and then my "switch" flipped and it's been lazy every since.....Hope you didn't have hail damage.

-Roger Caras
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday [Re: gymcandy1] #1008496
03/29/15 10:33 PM
03/29/15 10:33 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
It was tiny hail so no damage. Sometimes lazy is good. laugh

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 77 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users