GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Redjack -HELP- Lyle says... #101057
06/13/02 07:36 PM
06/13/02 07:36 PM
USA
mignonne Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mignonne  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

USA
"I suck!"

Can I say that here? Well, Lyle said it and
I'm just repeating it. I can't master fighting.

I can get an OK respose from Lyle on Defense
and Striking, but the Dodging is impossible.
And even an OK is not good enough to get on
with Fighting.

I have spent two day scouring the internet for
cheats and come up empty handed. Please, people,
I am so desparate that I acually read the game
manual. Waaaaaaaaa.

If ye help me, I'll be sharin' the spoils of me
plunder with ye.

Re: Redjack -HELP- Lyle says... #101058
06/14/02 02:42 PM
06/14/02 02:42 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Despite your lack of faith in your abilities, Have you tried to fight the sword master anyway/

Also I assume since you killed the shark - you have the tooth.

I looked for my saves and I can't find them. frown

Found this from Prima Guides.
Quote:
Gaining Experience
The second of your three tasks is to gain some combat experience. This is a fairly easy task, because Lyle is willing to teach you everything you need to know.

Go to the dock and find Lyle. He's standing on a section of the dock that was previously empty.
Talk to Lyle. He's willing to teach you in three areas: striking, blocking, and dodging.
Practice in all three areas with Lyle. If you do poorly he'll let you know. Try again if he tells you that you're awful; move along to the next area if you've done at least an okay job in the last one.
When you've fared reasonably well in all three areas, challenge Lyle to a fight. If you made the grade in your practice sessions, he'll agree. If you failed in one area or another, he'll refuse and you'll have to practice your weak areas some more before challenging him again.
The final fight with Lyle is comprised of three parts: a sword fight, followed by a brief period of Lyle hurling bottles at you, followed by a final sword fight.
After the fight is over, click on Lyle again. He'll give you his evaluation of your fighting skills and then tell you to go kill the shark.
Laura

Re: Redjack -HELP- Lyle says... #101059
06/14/02 10:37 PM
06/14/02 10:37 PM
Illinois
Ashley Offline
Addicted Boomer
Ashley  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Illinois
All of the characters in the game telegraph where they are going to strike during swordfighting, so pay close attention to their eyes. As for dodging the bottles, yes that is the hardest. You have to hold the left and right arrow keys down to keep you out of the middle but it is still hard once he starts throwing them faster. You will eventually get the hang of it, which is good because you will have to use your skills later in the game. The good thing is the fighting doesn't get more difficult as the game progresses like it does in most action games. If you can beat Lyle, you can beat the rest of the bad guys.

Ashley

Well sure MIST is pretty, but egad is it dull!
-- Lost Welshman of Blood Island (CMI)
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users