GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Armed & Delirious #101461
01/30/04 12:48 AM
01/30/04 12:48 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi smile

This is one weird game and I'm asking rather a lot of questions wink

a) I'm not very far into it yet but I would dearly love to turn off the music sometimes !!
I can't find a specific control to do this within the game. Does anyone know of any other way I can do it ??

b) There are buttons for accessing the Options Menu, Save and Load and Quit etc on the task bar of the "Braventory" - once it is opened.
However, they don't work. Whichever button I press, I just end up picking up an unventory item !!
Am I missing something ??
I can Save, Load etc by using "hot keys" but I have to quit and restart the game to get to the Options mad

c) When I AM in Options, I'm supposed to be able to get subtitles turned on - but they never come on rolleyes
Any help here also ??

Apart from these inconsistencies, the game is otherwise running very well in Win.95 - so I am hoping that with a bit of that famous old Boomer Help I'll get through it laugh

Cheers.

Mad wave

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Armed & Delirious #101462
01/31/04 03:29 PM
01/31/04 03:29 PM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
Hiya Mad ... Sorry it took me rather long to reply!

To clear one small item first. You can make quite a few adjustments in 'Options' including brightness, with or without speech & with or without subtitles, etc.
You can adjust the volume i.e. speech + music + SFX ....... but you CANNOT adjust the music alone nor just cut it out!
N.B. I can understand wanting to do this sometimes. In places the music is pretty good ... in others, it is pretty raucous.
The only way you can do this is to cut out sound *entirely*, and just use subtitles.

Re: Armed & Delirious #101463
01/31/04 04:55 PM
01/31/04 04:55 PM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
Continuation
As far as I can see ..............
<Ctrl> + S, L, O, I & Q give you Save, Load, Options, Inventory & Quit.
AFAIK, you can open ALL the Inventory and Option screens. You should be able to see all inventory items in full-screen colour-3D (right mouse click), and be able to operate ALL available Options this way (including turning on/off the subtitles, etc.).

One thing I DO seem to have noticed! When you use these hot-keys first time in a location, they seem to work fine ... but a second time they may be 'dead'. If so, it's a bit annoying, but just move (temporarily if you like) to an adjacent location.

Re: Armed & Delirious #101464
01/31/04 05:22 PM
01/31/04 05:22 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
After reading your advice and then experimenting, I find I can access the options menu from withing the game, if I only use the hot keys and don't go via the inventory box route.

Also, I can get subtitles but only if I turn speech off.

As for the music ?? Agh !!!!!! Hehehe !!
I reckon I'll have to put up with it - as I don't want to lose the sound effects - so I'll just lower the volume.

[Inventory items I've always been able to see in "full colour zoom mode" either using the hot keys OR the Braventory icon - so that at least has not been a problem.]

Re: Armed & Delirious #101465
01/31/04 06:31 PM
01/31/04 06:31 PM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
Quote:
Also, I can get subtitles but only if I turn speech off.
[I hadn't thought of that as in most games you can have subtitles AND speech ]
~~ Mad ~~
Are you CERTAIN?
If so, something's 'wrong' ... you should ALWAYS be able to get speech PLUS (full) subtitles. (Or EITHER INDIVIDUALLY if you so want!)
Under the weird 'man' on the right side of the options panel is a 'mouth'.
Moving your HAMMER icon onto it & off of it should give you the female voice saying "Turn speech ON" // "Turn speech OFF"

Re: Armed & Delirious #101466
01/31/04 11:00 PM
01/31/04 11:00 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Hi Len smile

I have tried for speech AND subtitles but can't get both to work at the same time.
If I hit on both, I always end up with just speech.

But having discovered that if I turn speech off, I CAN have subtitles, I'm opting for subtitles.

Re: Armed & Delirious #101467
02/01/04 06:47 AM
02/01/04 06:47 AM
Haifa; ISRAEL
LenG Offline
Addicted Boomer
LenG  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Haifa; ISRAEL
You should be able to get all 4 combinations ... speech alone; subtitles alone; both together; or neither!
In addition, the volume switch should be variable from loud to silence (EVERYTHING together unfortunately ... speech, music, & SFX).

Maybe it's an incompatibility with your computer system?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (LadyKestrel, Draclvr), 183 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users