GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
GK 20 #1015738
05/23/15 02:17 AM
05/23/15 02:17 AM
P
Pez Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Pez  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Hi all.

In Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary edition, I am stuck on Day 2.

Yes, I have seen the walkthrough posted here on this site; I've done everything listed for Day 2.

One of the last things to do on Day 2 (and it's in the walkthrough), is to ask Grace to do some research on Madame Cazaunoux.

In the game, if I open that journal and click on "Hints", it actually says that very thing, about asking Grace to do research on Madame Cazaunoux. But if I ask Grace and click on Research, the only dialogue choice that comes up is, "I can't think of anything".

Anyone heard of a glitch/ bug for Day 2?

I have G.O.G's download of the game, version 2.0.0.2. Is there a patch for this? Or did I just overlook something simple to get me out of Day 2 and into Day 3?

Thanks for any hints, tips, or info.
Pez

Re: GK 20 [Re: Pez] #1015752
05/23/15 08:25 AM
05/23/15 08:25 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Try going back to Dixieland Drug Store. Did Madame Cazaunoux appear there already? Talk to Mr. Willy Walker completely. Click on everything in the drug store. There's 2 or 3 items there that triggers new dialogues. luck

Re: GK 20 [Re: Pez] #1015788
05/23/15 12:53 PM
05/23/15 12:53 PM
P
Pez Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Pez  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Hi MaG; thanks for the reply.

Ahhhhh.....you're the writer of the walkthrough for the game, eh? ;-)

Anyway, yes, Madame Cazaunoux appeared already and did her spiel in the Dixieland Drugstore; I believe this is why the "hint" showed up in the journal, telling me to ask Grace to do the research on her.

And just to make sure: when she comes in the drugstore, she only talks to the owner, Willy, correct? She doesn't engage in conversation with Gabriel, does she? It's like Gabriel just stood there and listened to her rant at Willy.

And also yes: I clicked on everything in the drugstore....EVERYTHING. I made sure to use the "look" icon.....the "hand" icon....the "gear" icon; I did all icons on EVERY item in the store.

Say: would you happen to know where the Save Game location/ folder is for this game? I looked in the installation folder itself; nothing there jumped out at me. I checked my Windows User's profile folder.....My Documents.....nothing. I know I can Delete Save Game slots while in the game's interface, but I thought perhaps I'd delete it from the folder itself, and then maybe go back and load an old Save Game slot and see if I can get past this sticking point.

I'd swear this is a glitch/ bug!!! :-p

Any other ideas?
Pez

P.S. Ooooooooooooh, I just thought of something: I'm not 100% sure (it's not like I recorded this), but I think I may have gone into the drugstore and seen Madame Cazaunoux on Day 1; according to your walkthrough, it's on Day 2. Think this has anything to do with it?

Re: GK 20 [Re: Pez] #1015789
05/23/15 01:04 PM
05/23/15 01:04 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I found this thread on Steam. Maybe this pertains to your problem?

Re: GK 20 [Re: Pez] #1015845
05/23/15 09:44 PM
05/23/15 09:44 PM
P
Pez Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Pez  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Marian:

Yes!! I just loved what I saw in that message thread: "Day 2 Won't End".!!!

Yup, what was being said in that thread was exactly what was happening to me. No real solution, per se. As one of the posters put it, it has to do with leaving the game after Madame Cazaunoux visits the drugstore, and then coming back via "Continue".

Soooooo....I just went back and re-did Day 2 all over, and then I was able to get to the point where I asked Grace to do some research, and the dialogue choice of Madame Cazaunoux was there!!

Thank goodness; Day 3!!!

Hopefully another ones of the days won't get hung up just because I leave, come back, and Continue mad

Thanks for the info/ help; glad to see it wasn't just me.
Pez

Re: GK 20 [Re: Pez] #1015849
05/23/15 10:17 PM
05/23/15 10:17 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Sorry you had to replay day 2, but I figured there was some comfort in knowing that you weren't the only person who had this problem.

It seems to me that a couple of the bugs in this game resulted from using the "continue" option. I hope the rest of the game goes smoothly for you. wave

Re: GK 20 [Re: Pez] #1015972
05/25/15 03:32 AM
05/25/15 03:32 AM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Pez you asked where the saves are for the Gog version of Gabriel knight 1 20th Anniversary are located.

Here they they are

-Local disk C/Users/User name/Appdata/local low/phoenix online studios/GK1

I always identify the save location when I write a review of a game because it is always a treasure hunt. Usually GOG games are in a GOG folder somewhere under user or app data. This one is not Phoenix online is the developer and most people who buy gog often are used to looking for a gog folder.

Hope this helps.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users