GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition #1017471
06/05/15 10:04 PM
06/05/15 10:04 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.
- Stephen Wright
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A United States Federal law states one can be fine upto $1,000,000 for pertaking in the act of Genocide. Source: US Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 50A

```````````````````````````

State Laws

Sub Category: Dumb State Laws

Alabama

State code allows only 5 minutes for one to vote. Source: Section 17-9-13 of Alabama Code Link

Arkansas drive-ins aren't very convenient thanks to this law... No person shall drive a motor vehicle onto the premises of a drive-in restaurant and leave the premises without parking such motor vehicle, unless there is no unoccupied parking space available on the premises. Source: Code 1961,

Sec. 18-54. Sounding of horns at sandwich shops. No person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 p.m.

California

In Los Angeles, It is not legal to bathe two babies at the same time in the same tub.
In Riverside, Kissing on the lips, unless both parties wipe their lips with carbonized rose water, is against the local health ordinance.

In Walnut, No person shall wear a mask or disguise on a public street without a permit from the sheriff. Source: 17-32 Mask or disguise--Wearing.

In Walnut, It shall be unlawful for any person to fly, above an altitude of ten feet above the ground, or near any electrical conductive public utility wires or facilities, any kite or balloon which has a body or any parts, tail, string or ribbon

China

According to a law in China, you must be intelligent to go to college. Guess the guy who wrote this did NOT go to college.

That would be the country of China, NOT the state of China.

Now back to your friendly states laws.

Colorado

Colorado Water laws prohibit the use of rain barrels or any methods to catch rain for use. They claim the rain has already been legally allocated to the state and individual may not capture and use water to which he/she does not have a right. New Laws passed in June 2009 eradicate this law.

Connecticut

No hanky panky allowed in Connecticut.. A person who commits any unnatural and lascivious act with another person commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in statute. It is illegal for unmarried couples to commit lewd acts and live together

Illinois

A state law requires that a man's female companion shall call him "master" while out on a date. The law does not apply to married couples.
In Zion, It is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.

Indiana

In Indianapolis, No horse shall be driven or ridden on any street in the city at a speed in excess of ten (10) miles per hour.

Iowa
In Ottumwa, It is illegal for any man, within the corporate city limits, to wink at any female with whom he is "unacquainted."

Kansas
In Topeka, Servers are forbidden to serve wine in teacups.

Kentucky
A female shall not appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state. section 1376m-1, 1376m-2 Repealed: January 1, 1975

Louisiana

In Mansfield, Anyone caught wearing sagging pants that expose underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs or face up to 15 days in jail. A court later overturned the law, declaring it unconstitutional.
In New Orleans, Fire Code outlaws the cursing of firefighters while they are in the performance of their duties.

Maryland
In Baltimore, It is illegal to take a lion to the movies.

Minnesota

Many municipalities in Minnesota (including Anoka County) still have a Vagrancy law on the books that makes it misdemeanor for a person, with ability to work, who is without lawful means of support, and does not seek employment, and is not under 18 years of age. Link

Mississippi
A state law prohibits the seduction of a female over the age of eighteen by promised or pretended marriage. Source: 97-29-55. Codes, 1892,

Nebraska
It is not legal for a tavern owner to serve beer unless a nice kettle of soup is also brewing.

Nevada
In Reno, It is unlawful for any person to carry on, conduct or maintain any marathon dancing or marathon walking Source: Code 1966,

New Jersey
In Bergen County, Blue laws still in effect. The only retail outlets permitted to be open on Sundays are grocery stores and liquor stores. Link

New York

It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
In Carmel, A man cannot be seen in public while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
In Greene, During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
In Ocean City, It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
In Ocean City, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
In Staten Island, You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
In Staten Island, It is illegal for a father to call his son a "faggot" or "queer" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."

New York City

You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.
Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
It is illegal to have permit dancing in an establishment that sells food without a cabaret license. Link
It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing."
Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".

North Carolina
It is illegal to hold more than two sessions of bingo per week, and those sessions may not exceed 5 hours each session. Source: � 14-309.8. Link

Ohio
In Oxford, It is unlawful for a woman to appear in public while unshaven. This includes legs and face.
In Youngstown, You may not run out of gas. Source: Youngstown City Ordinances, Section 331.44 Link

Oklahoma
It Is Illegal To Have A sleeping Donkey In Your Bathtub After 7pm

South Carolina
There's no place for fun... It is unlawful for a minor under the age of eighteen to play a pinball machine. Source: 20-7-8915

Tennessee

It is unlawful for any person to import, possess, or cause to be imported into this state any type of live skunk, or to sell, barter, exchange or otherwise transfer any live skunk, except that the prohibitions of this section shall not apply to bona fide zoological parks and research institutions. Source: 70-4-208. Unlawful importation of skunks - Penalty.
You must believe in god to be elected into office. You also are not permitted into office if you were in contendant in a duel. Source: Tennessee Constitution - Article IX Link

Vermont

In Montpelier, No law was violated when 42 cyclists rode through Vermont's capital naked on May 14, 2009. The Barre-Montpelier Times Argus reported that Vermont has no ban on public nudity. Disrobing in public is a crime, but the cyclists disrobed before venturing out and would not be charged. Source: http://www.wptz.com/news/19749434/detail.html

West Virginia

If any person arrived at the age of discretion profanely curse or swear or get drunk in public, he shall be fined by a justice one dollar for each offense Source: �61-8-15. Profane swearing and drunkenness; penalty.
It is illegal to taunt someone for not accepting a challenge for a duel. Actual: If any person post another, or in writing or in print use any reproachful or contemptuous language to or concerning another, for not fighting a duel, or for not sending or accepting a challenge, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be confined in jail not more than six months, or fined not exceeding one hundred dollars. Source: �61-2-24. Taunting for non-participation in duel; penalty.
State code deems it unlawful for any person to have in his possession or to display any red or black flag.

Wisconsin

The serving of colored oleomargarine or margarine at a public eating place as a substitute for table butter is prohibited unless it is ordered by the customer. Source: 97.18(4)
In Sun Prairie, No rider of a bicycle shall remove both hands from the handlebars or practice any trick or fancy riding in any street in the city nor shall any bicycle rider carry or ride any other person so that two persons are on the bicycle at one time, unless a seat is provided for a second person. Source: Section 10.32.020 Manner of operation restricted.
In Wauwatosa, No person shall spit... upon the floor or stairways of any public hall or building or upon the floor ...or upon any sidewalk abutting on any public street or alley of said city.
``````````````````````````

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND!!! penguin

Although, my life is next to miserable now that the rain has all ended and Summer is here in earnest. razz

Anything over 75 is exceeding my threshold for cool comfort. Actually it's more like 70 degrees. snicker

It's going to hit 70 degrees in the morning at 7:00 o'clock, so I am planning on being at the creek then, or shortly afterward, for a short excursion with Baby for arrowhead hunting. lab

I'm hoping maybe now I can get to the areas that were under water last week. happydance

It'll be hot. There'll be snakes, mosquitoes, and ticks. eek

As long as I don't get one of those nasty little chiggers like the one I got on my neck last week, I'll be ok. yes

A tick will crawl around and eventually stop and bite, and start trying to eat his way through your skin, but a chigger will bite here, and then run over there and bite you, and then run over somewhere else and bite you, and everyone of those bites itches like mad for about 3 weeks or longer. shocked

I'm off on a trip now. I've got a short drive over to Snoring Lane in SlumberLand.

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 06/05/15 10:10 PM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017478
06/05/15 10:48 PM
06/05/15 10:48 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Good luck head hunting today and hope you aren't too tasty for the bugs!

Have a great day everyone!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017506
06/06/15 07:40 AM
06/06/15 07:40 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers chocobunny

Joe, hope you find some arrowheads amongst the horrible little critters.

Ana, enjoy whatever the day brings your way.

Coffee is on for all that are on their way! lab

Gail
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: GBC] #1017508
06/06/15 08:24 AM
06/06/15 08:24 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Have a great Saturday Joe, Ana, Gail and all my fellow Boomers. smile

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017524
06/06/15 10:09 AM
06/06/15 10:09 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Joe thanks for the chuckles and good luck hunting!

Ana hope the MRI results are all good. Have a lovely day!

Space welcome to the weekend!

Gail thanks for putting the coffee on. Hot coffee hits the spot on this cool morning. Have a lovely day!

wave
Nan

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: auntiegram] #1017528
06/06/15 11:14 AM
06/06/15 11:14 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Hi Nan. wave

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017545
06/06/15 12:11 PM
06/06/15 12:11 PM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Have a great day. wave happydance

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: Haroula] #1017551
06/06/15 12:46 PM
06/06/15 12:46 PM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Happy head hunting and have a great Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Barbecuing today, me thinks, and just enjoying the day at home.

Off to see what's afoot! smile

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017560
06/06/15 01:08 PM
06/06/15 01:08 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Super Saturday ya'll puppy

Hubby and I woke up late so it was HOT when we went out to walk. Decided to walk the neighborhood in spite of the hills because it has lots more shade. We didn't push. Just tried to keep a steady pace and walked from shade to shade.

Boys are staying an extra day. I don't know why and I'm not surprised. We'll be doing some family game time later.

Joe, there really are some interesting laws on the books. Chiggers are the devil. luck

Ana, have a wonderful day!

Gail, coffee sounds wonderful.

Space, hope your day is fantastic.

Nan, if you have cool, the dogs and I are coming up.

Haroula, wave

Darlene, hope the foot you find is fun. wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: looney4labs] #1017561
06/06/15 01:37 PM
06/06/15 01:37 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
So far so good. Hi looney wave

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: looney4labs] #1017569
06/06/15 02:27 PM
06/06/15 02:27 PM
Washington In the Wet corner
Drmojo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Drmojo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Washington In the Wet corner
Hey ya Boom Boom buddies wave

Beautiful sunny day here 79% and I have to go
to dialysis for 4 hours blech
at least its air conditioned!

Joe loved the dumb laws lol
can't you use some bug spray to keep them off??
I know theirs stuff to keep ticks & other critters off Baby~ lab
Have fun arrowhead hunting!

Hi Ana. Nan. Gail. L4L. Darlene, space, Haroula
Hope you all have a nice day! hug spring waveKaren puppy

"Horses are smart"

"You never heard of a Horse going broke"
betting on Humans~ Will Rogers~
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: Drmojo] #1017571
06/06/15 02:45 PM
06/06/15 02:45 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Karen,

Do you take a book with you to read or listen to music for all that time?

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017578
06/06/15 04:00 PM
06/06/15 04:00 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Yogurt on, Chicken in the oven, everyone smoothied, now time to sit for sec. Doc, 4 hours is a long time to sit, but hopefully, it will make you feel better. Space, busy or quiet today?

-Roger Caras
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: looney4labs] #1017581
06/06/15 04:24 PM
06/06/15 04:24 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
A quiet day spent walking the dog...... my favorite kind of day. smile

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017591
06/06/15 05:41 PM
06/06/15 05:41 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Just got back from a 51 mile bike ride. woot

Time to shower and go to the pub to watch the Hawks game with friends.

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017592
06/06/15 05:43 PM
06/06/15 05:43 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Space, sounds like my favorite kind of day too.

Ana, have fun!

-Roger Caras
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: looney4labs] #1017604
06/06/15 08:20 PM
06/06/15 08:20 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Hello everybody. yay

I was at the creek this morning at 7:00. By 7:45 I was soaked from the heat. I wanted to see how far the water had dropped before I went very far, so I started on the bottom end of the high side, which was the closest to where I parked. The water had dropped way way down, which excited me, and in my infinite wisdom I decided I'd go up stream, one sandbar at a time, searching as I go, instead of walking to the upper end, and searching on the way down. That meant that by the time I got to the upper end, I was already frazzled, and fried. This wouldn't have been as much of a problem if I had stuck to my pland to only search the areas that were easy to get to, but do you think that's what happened? shame

I just kept thinking about the areas that I can search, now that the water has gone down, and after all, I am nothing if not a thoroughly modern example of a perfect lack of self control. slapforehead

I search one sand bar, found nothing, another sand bar, nothing, another sand bar, another one, another one, another one and nothing. Now I'm already 2 search areas past where I was going to quit. Now I went on up 3 more search areas up stream. Still nothing. The next sand bar is where I found the last little half inch point last week. There was nothing there either. rolleyes

I trekked on upward to the next sand bar which is where I found two points two weeks ago, and where I found this beauty. penguin

To show you how much the stars have to be in alignment in order to find these things, I had searched that area a couple of more times since I found the other two points, and must have walked right over this one without seeing it. shocked

After finding that one I didn't stop. I'm a glutton. I kept going all the way to the upper most spot that I go to. I didn't find anything else, and then I had to trek all the way back down to where I parked the car, at my old place. At least I had Gatorade waiting. blush

THEN, I went across the road to the low end. I parked at the neighbor's, got out and walked down the hill to the lowest point that I search, and I saw right away that it was still mostly under water. I walked up to the next area. It was under water still. Walked up to the upper end of that side, and was able to search there, but didn't find anything there either. frown

I crawled back up the hill to my truck, with Baby's encouragement. She was tired too. I was back home by 10:45. grin

Other than finding that one point, the highlight of my day was a very long nap I took after eating lunch. thumbsup

Now I think maybe one more trip is in store about next Wednesday, and those last areas should be out of the water. happydance

The mosquitoes were out in abundance. I did not get any ticks or chiggers, and I did not see one snake. woot

How was your day?

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017606
06/06/15 08:27 PM
06/06/15 08:27 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joe at least you didn't totally strikeout. The one you found looks nice. smile

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017616
06/06/15 09:33 PM
06/06/15 09:33 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Well, you got your exercise for the day Joe, and a nice bonus to bring home.

Boys just left. Kitchen is clean, dogs are fed. Time to brush the teeth and go to bed. Sweet dreams all sleep

-Roger Caras
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: looney4labs] #1017622
06/06/15 09:50 PM
06/06/15 09:50 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good night looney. wave

Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: gymcandy1] #1017625
06/06/15 11:05 PM
06/06/15 11:05 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
That's a beauty Joe! yay

Sweet dreams L4L.

SpaceQ, they are saying we may get 3 inches of rain tomorrow. I hope it doesn't end up by you.

Hawks lost, but we'll get them Monday! yay

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Joe's Weekend Saturday Edition [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1017626
06/06/15 11:36 PM
06/06/15 11:36 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
We usually get your weather the next day Ana. I hope it holds off because the PGA golf tournament is in town this week.

Good night Boomers. sleep

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Sherlock, oldbroad), 471 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users