GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle #1018402
06/12/15 09:52 AM
06/12/15 09:52 AM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
Hi all !

Can anyone explain what appears to be a minesweeper puzzle? I say "appears" because it is not playing like Minesweeper - at least not for me. If I expose a "1" I should think the adjacent squares should not "explode" i.e., but many do and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. duh

There have been a few more bugs I ran across but I see that others have had the same issues - I do hope the Minesweeper puzzle is not buggy ! taz

Thank you -

It's not the years honey, it's the mileage!
Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018407
06/12/15 10:12 AM
06/12/15 10:12 AM
Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Upsydaisy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Upsydaisy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sunny Devon, United Kingdom
Ah-see you are stuck here also. Watching on Youtube helps a bit. I just found that going back to the beginning everytime was e-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g so gave up. It is the last puzzle though so I didn't cry for long.... cry wish you luck.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018423
06/12/15 11:52 AM
06/12/15 11:52 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
It's similar to Minesweeper.
A single dot on a square indicates that one of the squares next to it contains a mine.

Two dots on a square indicate that two of the squares next to it contain a mine. Three dots, three adjacent squares with mines, etc.

A quick click marks a square as not having a mine.
Click-and-hold marks a square as having a mine.
Click-and-hold also changes a red square to a different color.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018433
06/12/15 12:48 PM
06/12/15 12:48 PM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
Ok yep - that is the same as Minesweeper only this one is on steroids! I am about to ask for a saved game - way too frustrating to start over and over and the thing is way too big - it lost its charm for me. Also, unless it's me, cause I did run into a few bugs, you can't save a gave and come back to where you left off.... the puzzle has to be started from the beginning! Deal Breaker. cry

Jenny - I saw your list of the Testimony locations which was very helpful because it confirmed a bug I ran into which involved the testimony by the safe in the beach house. I picked it up and read it...later exited the game but when I returned to the game and was about the cross the rope to the temple, I only had 87% of the testimonies and was missing one.. going over every step, the one I didn't have was that one AND it was not under the safe anymore !! I continued without it - bummer! smashpc

Thank you all for the help, and if I could get that saved game after the minesweeper puzzle - that would be great ! praise

Last edited by sureshot; 06/12/15 12:49 PM.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018439
06/12/15 01:19 PM
06/12/15 01:19 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: sureshot
Jenny - I saw your list of the Testimony locations which was very helpful because it confirmed a bug I ran into which involved the testimony by the safe in the beach house. I picked it up and read it...later exited the game but when I returned to the game and was about the cross the rope to the temple, I only had 87% of the testimonies and was missing one.. going over every step, the one I didn't have was that one AND it was not under the safe anymore !! I continued without it - bummer!

I had the same bug the first time I played, which is why I replayed and made the list (originally only for my own use, but then I thought other players might be interested in it).

I don't remember for sure whether I ever saw the testimony under the safe in the beach house in my first playthrough, but I didn't see that particular testimony among my testimonies in the game. I also had a weird bug where testimonies would reappear after I exited and reloaded the game, such as the one on the pier and the one by the bridge -- pretty much all of the ones that you didn't get automatically when you picked something else up. But unfortunately the one in the beach house never respawned (assuming it was ever there at all). This may be a bug that happens if you do things in a certain order. Or it may be a bug that happens if the game randomly puts specific testimonies in different places. I didn't have the bug on my second playthrough.

Quote:
Thank you all for the help, and if I could get that saved game after the minesweeper puzzle - that would be great !

I'm unsure if saves are transferrable, and since there is an autosave, you'd need the save from someone who exited the game after finishing the Minesweeper, but before going on to finish the game.

I'm going to replay to check that the testimonies are the same between games. I was going to skip the last bit (with that awful Minesweeper), but I'll see if there is a chance to exit the game after doing the Minesweeper.
Autosaves seem to be in
C:\Users\your-username\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Subject13
(at least on 64-bit Windows 7)
and have names like S13-1-SAVE-ch2v0 and S13-2-ch4v0

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018467
06/12/15 04:34 PM
06/12/15 04:34 PM
Rockland, Ontario, Canada
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Jenny100,

If possible and if you are not already past this part could you please, pretty please with honey on top, send me a save for:
"The part where you have to make your own Compass", I have everything except the Battery, why? because when I removed the battery from the Flashlight I heard a noise figuring that it dropped into my Inventory but no such luck, I can no longer find the battery anywhere, I wrote to GOG about this yesterday but of course it is too early for them to respond and will probably not get one until at least Monday.

Thanks and of course I understand if this is not possible, just crossing my fingers and praying for a small miracle.

Last edited by Starcom; 06/12/15 04:35 PM.
Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018477
06/12/15 05:31 PM
06/12/15 05:31 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Sureshot, there's so much that happens automatically after you finish the Minesweeper that you'd be better off watching the end of the YouTube playthrough. For example, this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jstJV0CpHZ8&list=PLv_2SQLNWWxaossQXbsojOB5nY8f651jF&index=9

I don't know whether the Minesweeper can save progress in an almost-finished state, though I could test to find out.

Starcom, I discovered that you can replay a level by deleting your most recent save. Saves on 64-bit Windows 7 are in
C:\Users\your-username\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Subject13

In the playthrough I finished today, the crank thing that allows you to open the chest with the fishing pole didn't show up inside the organ. However by deleting the most recent save, I only had to replay the current level instead of the whole game.

This game seems to have problems with missing and losing inventory.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: Jenny100] #1018517
06/12/15 10:21 PM
06/12/15 10:21 PM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

thumbsupThank you so much Jenny your advice worked like a charm and I have finished the Compass and got my Anchor and now I can move on.

The only thing that is scary is that you mention that it is common to loose Inventory items in this game, fingers crossed this is the 1st and only one for me.

One little note or tidbit, your advice regarding the Path to finding the save files for Win 7 64 bit is also the same path for Window 8.1 64 bit.

Again, a super duper big thanks for taking the time to answer my plea for help.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018600
06/13/15 03:30 PM
06/13/15 03:30 PM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Well I tried and re-tried this Ludicrous Super Minesweeper Puzzle and I agree 100% with sureshot's comments about this Idiotic, way overboard puzzle, I even looked at the Video Walkthrough and it took him the Entire 14 minutes of the W. to solve this puzzle.
Come on Devs. you could have at the very least inserted a Solve Button after say 10 to 15 minutes, I mean really, I will be keeping an eye on your future games and will not buy until there are plenty of reviews stating that these types of ridiculous puzzles no longer exist or at the very least as I mentioned before = A Skip feature has been added.
Sorry about my Rant, had to get if off my chest.

Oh and by the way Jenny100, should you happen to redo this puzzle, I would like to also get the save game for this, otherwise the game gets deleted.

Take care and have a nice weekend.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018627
06/13/15 08:26 PM
06/13/15 08:26 PM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
Folks ! I am NOT going top play the Minesweeper puzzle. I am going to watch the You-Tube play through and be done with it as per your suggestions. Then, I too, am going to be very careful with buying games from this developer! mad

I started to really like this game - it had potential but the Developer blew it big time !!! I hate the autosave feature where you cannot go back and replay anything!! I have two PC's I use - I tried copying the saved games from one PC in my office ( yea - I play at lunchtime rotfl ) and put them in the proper directory on my home PC but I could NOT continue playing from where I left off!! I even deleted all the saves and replaced them with the most current ones, but the game did NOT recognize them and started from the very beginning !

What a shame - this could have been a very nice game but there are way too many bugs and playing became a frustration........NOT FUN blech I had to rant and vent too.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018682
06/14/15 09:14 AM
06/14/15 09:14 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I have two PC's I use - I tried copying the saved games from one PC in my office... and put them in the proper directory on my home PC but I could NOT continue playing from where I left off!! I even deleted all the saves and replaced them with the most current ones, but the game did NOT recognize them and started from the very beginning !

That's too bad. If saves aren't transferrable between computers, a save for the Minesweeper with squares mostly filled in wouldn't help -- even if I were able to get one.

EDIT -- I see GOG now has a Patch 1.2 for the game available for download.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: Jenny100] #1018782
06/14/15 07:42 PM
06/14/15 07:42 PM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Than you Jenny100 for the heads up on the patch, I applied it with the hope for a small miracle in that they included a Skip function for this puzzle, after letting it run for 15 Minutes NO Such Luck.

But I would still be interested if you or Anybody else in this forum that if you Solve this puzzle that you send me Your save game right after solving it, I have a fairly good knowledge about computers and I would like to Tinker around with the Save game to see if I can get it working.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018818
06/14/15 11:48 PM
06/14/15 11:48 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I did some replaying yesterday, but it lost inventory again.
I patched it today, started a new game, and played to the beach area but I think I'm still missing something. Will check again tomorrow.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018861
06/15/15 10:27 AM
06/15/15 10:27 AM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
I have two PC's I use - I tried copying the saved games from one PC in my office ( yea - I play at lunchtime rotfl ) and put them in the proper directory on my home PC but I could NOT continue playing from where I left off!! I even deleted all the saves and replaced them with the most current ones, but the game did NOT recognize them and started from the very beginning !

The saving system of this game is tricky! Not only saves are located in 'C:\Users\*user*\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Subject13', but there is also a registry key that tells the game which save should be loaded from that location.

It took me some tries to solve that riddle smile I had to edit some registry key to tell the game to load chapter 4 from my save, not chapter 1.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018898
06/15/15 12:41 PM
06/15/15 12:41 PM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
Thank you Iurii - what Hive and key is it hiding in? I am curious to see if I could transfer saves from one pc to another although I wouldn't even try to finish the game - that last puzzle did not have to be that huge and frustrating.

I am a little surprised and disappointed that Microids let this one "pass" with all its bugs with the inventory items and the really poor save game features.. every other of their games I played were pretty much spot on and ran as expected and without issue for me.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018991
06/16/15 01:22 AM
06/16/15 01:22 AM
Kiev, Ukraine
Iurii Offline
Addicted Boomer
Iurii  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kiev, Ukraine
Sorry, don't remember exactly as I have already deleted the game - couldn't wait to do it after so much frustration with that Spherical Minesweeper smile

But it is surely either in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microids (remove Wow6432Node if you are on 32-bit OS) or in HKCU\Software\Microids. You would still have to search for the key telling which save to load there...

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1018994
06/16/15 01:37 AM
06/16/15 01:37 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Saves from after doing the Minesweeper is uploaded here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0z9vpq7q4d2vqr/SubSav.zip?dl=0

I wasn't sure if the game used the earlier saves for the same profile, so I included them. Assuming that saves are transferrable, the game should start from Profile 3.

This is after installing the Patch 1.2 that GOG had available for download.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: Jenny100] #1019008
06/16/15 06:18 AM
06/16/15 06:18 AM
Starcom Offline
Addicted Boomer
Starcom  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Thank you very much Jenny100 for the time and effort in doing this for us.
I tried your save games as is but it did not work for me, when I clicked on Profile 3 and choose continue experience the wait screen just froze there.

So I removed my saved games and renamed your save games by *removing the 3 and replacing it with 1 and then clicked on Profile 1 then continue experience and it worked like a charm.

* example S13-3--ch4v0 to S13-1--ch4v0

and I did this for each one.

Again a big thank you and very much appreciated.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1019014
06/16/15 08:13 AM
06/16/15 08:13 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks for the info, Starcom.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1019021
06/16/15 09:14 AM
06/16/15 09:14 AM
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline OP
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

New Jersey Shore
Yes - Thank you all !! thumbsup

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1019033
06/16/15 11:57 AM
06/16/15 11:57 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I'm glad you found a way to use the save.
Maybe you have to have already played the game under Profile 3 to use the saves as is. Fortunately renaming fixed the issue.

But it's good to know that the saves will transfer between computers.

Originally Posted By: lurii
The saving system of this game is tricky! Not only saves are located in 'C:\Users\*user*\AppData\LocalLow\Microids\Subject13', but there is also a registry key that tells the game which save should be loaded from that location.

It's strange that it worked for me that one time without editing the registry. When I tried it a different time, it loaded the save but all my testimonies were gone. So I had to start the game over again.

After patching, the game didn't lose inventory, but I still found one of my testimonies was missing.

I've also found that some testimonies may switch places between playthroughs. For example, the testimony for 14 November 2006 showed up where the 15 September 2006 was in a previous playthrough. That makes things confusing if you're trying to figure out which testimony you're missing and where it should be found.

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1020250
06/25/15 07:38 PM
06/25/15 07:38 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
Jenny, thank you so much for providing the link to the "ending" of the game after the Minesweeper puzzle has been solved. You have literally saved the life of my beloved WIN XP computer, since I was about to throw it out of the window. LOL. I would also like to thank the ever helpful (123pazu) for providing this video in the first place.
Sandy

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1020334
06/26/15 12:50 PM
06/26/15 12:50 PM
united kingdom
safc Offline
Addicted Boomer
safc  Offline
Addicted Boomer

united kingdom
Hi Guys

Does anyone know where the saved games are for the Steam Download as I have checked Programmes and User folders and I cant find anything in there, I am at the dreaded Minesweeper puzzle, I have checked on youtube but the guy does it so fast I cant keep up with it,even if I pause the video, I may do the same as Sureshot and just watch the ending on youtube, this is one very frustrating and what I feel is a to long and pointless puzzle, if anyone has a save for this puzzle I would be very grateful

Cheers
SAFC

Last edited by safc; 06/26/15 12:51 PM.

Old Adventures don't die they just forget to Save
Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: safc] #1020336
06/26/15 12:51 PM
06/26/15 12:51 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hopefully someone will know where the saved games are hiding. smile

Re: Subject 13 Minesweeper Puzzle [Re: sureshot] #1020337
06/26/15 01:20 PM
06/26/15 01:20 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Could be lots of places.
***Steam Game Save Locations***
If no one else bought the Steam version, you'll have to look around yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Uncle Reg), 414 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users