GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1019994
06/24/15 02:26 AM
06/24/15 02:26 AM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Archanathena completed Shadow of Revan.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020063
06/24/15 01:05 PM
06/24/15 01:05 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
thumbsup

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020079
06/24/15 05:01 PM
06/24/15 05:01 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Star Wars The Old Republic planets visted:

You only see Chapter #s or Interlude screens when you first log in on a character. So if you don't pause between chapters you'll never notice them.

Class Prologue:
Jedi- Tython and Coruscant (Galactic Republic capital)
Smuggler & Trooper - Ord Mantell & Coruscant
Sith - Korriban & Dromund Kaas (Sith Empire capital)
Bounty Hunter & Imperial Agent - Hutta & Dromund Kaas

("Interlude")

Class Chapter 1: (not including short visits to capital world or various space stations)
Galatic Republic characters: Taris, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, Alderaan
Sith Empire characters: Balmorra, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, Alderaan
Sith Warrior also goes to Hutta at the end

("Interlude")

Class Chapter 2:
Galatic Republic characters: Balmorra, Quesh, Hoth
Sith Empire characters: Taris, Quesh, Hoth

("Interlude")

Class Chapter 3:
All characters: Belsavis, Voss, Corellia
Jedi Knights also visits a special version of Dromund Kaas, the Sith capital. Sith Inquistors will also return to Korriban.

("Interlude")
Optional quests on Ilum, Black Hole (Corellia) and Section X (Belsavis)
An optional quest on Section X starts the scavenger hunt which gains your character companion HK-51.

Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel - Makeb (first expansion)
(completing Chapter 4 is not required to begin Forged Alliances)

("Interlude")
Titans of Industry - CZ-198
The Dread War - Oricon
Both of these are optional, both have soloable quests and two player heroics and group flash points.
(the screen you get when logging in will display "Interlude" if you have A. not started Rise of the Hutt Cartel, or B. have completed Rise of the Hutt Cartel, if you have started but not completed Rise of the Hutt Cartel then you will get Rise of the Hutt Cartel screen until you finish it or start Shadow of Revan)

Forged Alliances / Prelude to Shadow of Revan - Tython (flash point), Dromund Kaas (flash point), Manaan, Rakata Prime (flash point)
Manaan is the only planet visited outside of a flash point, although it does have a point as well. Originally introduced under the title "Invasion". The final flash point was introduced under the title "Forged Alliances". Originally you needed 3 other players to do the flash points. After Shadow of Revan was implemented the quest "Prelude to Shadow of Revan" was added which made it possible to do solo versions of the flashpoints. In either form Forged Alliances must be completed before you can do Shadow of Revan.
(I think you'll get an "Interlude" screen while doing these as they are not considered their own chapter for some reason.)

Chapter 5: Shadow of Revan - Rishi, Yavin 4
Shadow of Reven flashpoints have soloable and group versions. Group version offers chances for better rewards but is probably harder. I've never done the group versions.

("Interlude: ALLIES NO MORE")
Chapter 5 Epilogue: Rise of the Emperor - Ziost
Requires completing Shadow of Revan. Matching the title, the Emperor is not defeated in this storyline, whether a new series of quests will appear before the next expansion to see the defeat of the Emperor or whether that's part of the expansion in October is unknown at this time.

("Interlude: ALLIES NO MORE")

??Chapter 6:?? Knights of the Fallen Empire - ??????
Supposed to be the largest expansion so I'm guess it gets a chapter number, notice that not all added storylines did.

Wether you complete any of the optional sections or not dialogue in later parts implies you did. For example NPCs in Shadow of Reven will assume you've been to Makeb and Oricon.

Taris and Balmorra are different levels for republic and empire characters and are visited by the two sides at different points in the war.

Technically some of these "planets" are actually moons (Nar Shadaa, Yavin 4, CZ-198). The planet Yavin for example is a gas giant so you can't actually land on it.

Most planets from first 3 chapters have Bonus Series quests which are optional and are usually of higher level and if done will require you to return to that planet at a later date. Starter worlds and capitals do not have bonus series. I've done them in the past, but now mostly ignore them.

Companion quests (only first companion for each class has them) may take you back to planets you previously visited. I always do these even if I've leveled above them as they do gain companion affection.

Also of course your characters will be returning to their capital worlds regularly.

Troopers and Smugglers can choose to visit the jedi home world of Tython
Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters can choose to visit the sith home world of Korriban
Sith can visit Hutta
Jedi can visit Ord Mantel

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 07/04/15 06:44 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020084
06/24/15 05:21 PM
06/24/15 05:21 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
You've been busy wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020099
06/24/15 08:36 PM
06/24/15 08:36 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Draenen (ls trooper) is about to complete Forged Alliances: Part III and begin Shadow of Revan. Originally Forged Alliances was added over a period of months. So you'd do part 1 and then had to wait before part 2 was added, then wait again for part 3. Now of course there is no waiting.

After completing Shadow of Reven storyline is possible, advisable even, to stay on Yavin 4 and do daily quests (once a day) and two weekly quests (once a week). One weekly is to face Raven again the other requires gathering a minimum of 7 more players to take on the world boss. I have yet to do it just because I naver see anybody forming a group. Every time you fight Revan you get a companion weapon, do enough times you'll equip all your companions. The daily quests provide armor for companion, so in about a week you can equip all your companions if you want. Rishi has some daily quests and 1 operation (8 to 16 people). I've done the operation once. Didn't know what I was doing, and got killed, by a door. Seriously the operation begins with a door slamming shut and not knowing it I hadn't moved....after the first boss was dead somebody raised me and we went on to finish the operation.

Rise of the Empire originally did not have the final (so far) cut scene. You were told to click on a console, which told you to check back later. Had to wait a week. Now of course you click on the console and are told to click on the mission station which gets you the cut scene. After completing Rise of the Empire story line there are daily quests that don't advance the story they just let you explore Ziost after the emperor was done with it. There is also one weekly quest which requires a group of at least 7 more players, and I have yet to complete it once. Tried several times, always a failure. Doesn't help that I'm usually first one killed frown

Oh the Rakata, whos home world Forged Alliances ends on once ruled the galaxy, before the jedi or the sith. Some how they lost their connection to the Force and their empire collapsed. Residences of Rakata Prime are now savages. Everyone in SWTOR galaxy are impressed by old Rakata tech, despite the fact that player characters keep destroying it, proving its not so impressive. I don't get the Revanites infatuation with it. Or anybody elses.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/24/15 08:44 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020190
06/25/15 02:31 PM
06/25/15 02:31 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
A small emergency update today. Last update added a decoration that can be purchased for 1 credit (they usually do this when the item was supposed to be in a cartel pack, purchasable will real money but was not) that could then be sold back to a merchant for 100 credits. Today's update removes the ability to sell it back to vendors.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020194
06/25/15 02:38 PM
06/25/15 02:38 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Guybrush, I love the door story lol

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020289
06/26/15 05:50 AM
06/26/15 05:50 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Its possible to do the same thing, get hit by a door, in one of the soloable pre-Shadow or Revan quests. But I figured out that's what the lines on the floor mean and make sure I run past them fast.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020351
06/26/15 04:25 PM
06/26/15 04:25 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Starter weapons and armor are not modifiable, except maybe color crystal for weapons. Not long though before you'll start getting modifiable weapons and armor.

Modifiable Armor: helmet, chest piece, gloves, bracer (arms), belt, pants, boots
Not modifiable Armor: ear, implant 1, implant 2, relic 1, relic 2

Armor mods:
Armoring: armor rating, endurance and primary attribute (aim, cunning, strength, willpower)
Mod: endurance and primary attribute + one secondary attribute
Enhancement: endurance, + one secondary attribute + one secondary attribute
Augment: endurance + one other attribute

Weapon mods:
Barrel: endurance and primary attribute for blasters (aim, cunning)
Hilts: endurance and primary attribute for light sabers and other melee weapons (strength, cunning)
Mod: same as armor
Enhancement: same as armor
Crystal: endurance (tank) or power (dps/healer) or critical rating (dps/healer) or expertise (PVP)
Augment: same as armor

Shield generators, power generators and focus are second hand weapons which use armoring so they are actually a type of armor

At lower levels mods do not have the secondary attribute bonus
At lower levels enhancements only feature endurance and power or critical rating

Augments require augmentation slots which not all armor and weapons have, they can be added for a price.

Tanking modifiers will have more endurance than primary class attribute
DPS/Healer modifiers will have more of the primary class attribute than endurance

The color of weapon crystal determines color of light saber beam and some blaster skills

Ear piece: endurance + primary attribute + 1 or more secondary attributes
Implants: endurance + primary attribute + 1 or more secondary attributes
Relics: endurance + 1 other attribute
some relics when equipped have a chance to automatically increase damage or healing
most relics require you click on them to give a temporary boost to one or two attributes

Primary class attributes:
Aim (trooper, bounty hunter)
Cunning (smuggler, imperial agent)
Strength (jedi knight, sith warrior)
Willpower (jedi consular, sith inquisitor)
Endurance (all) - for a tank this should be higher than class attribute for dps/healer class attribute is more important

Secondary attributes are:
power - increases damage and healing
critical rating - increases chance of doing critical damage or healing
surge rating - increases amount of damage or healing done by critical
accuracy rating - increases accuracy of weapons, not needed for healing which doesn't miss
alacrity rating - increases recharge speed of skills (most useful for healers)
shield rating - increases chance of personal shield activating (tank)
absorption rating - increase amount of damge shield absorbs (tank)
defense rating - increases chance of dodging damage (tank)

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020352
06/26/15 04:27 PM
06/26/15 04:27 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It's nice that it is customizable wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020446
06/27/15 02:09 AM
06/27/15 02:09 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
SWTOR History video - official video clips somebody editted into one long video explaining the history leading up to the time of the game. What ultimately happened to Revan is of course revealed in game. The new Mandalore sides with the Empire but is not their puppet. Bounty hunter characters meet him. The young female jedi raises to become the leader of the jedi. The sith who killed her master, than his own, is still around for the first 3 chapters of the game. At the start of the game the galaxy is theoretically at peace, but violations of the treaty, by both sides, eventually leads to full scale war again. By the time of Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Empire, the emperor is no longer concerned with galactic conquest, he now wants to destroy it as each death impowers him even more. Having then destroyed one galaxy he will move on to conquer others. At this point its unclear whether he actually has a physical form any longer. We know he uses dark side force powers to possess other people. Hmm why isn't that "jedi mind trick" (which is actually used by at least one sith in the game) not considered dark side? It is after all over powering some one elses will.

Most of the video features still pictures with narration, the portions with full animation and dialogue are actually the in game introductory videos. The smuggler in the video will become a companion to player characters in Knights of the Fallen Empire. Which makes me wonder where he's been all this time.

If the sith invasion was the largest, most well executed military action in galactic history, it most take something monumental to result in the collapse of the both the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic in Knights of the Fallen Empire.

BTW some people are claiming that the Knights of the Fallen Empire had to be approved of by Disney. Which doesn't make sense to me since all these events take place thousands of years before the movies. which according to the first movie are themselves ancient history. What ever happens in later story lines of SWTOR, the sith empire as portrayed in the game ultimately fails, the sith race become extinct and the humans calling themselves sith go into hiding.

After the original three films, in the books the sith eventually fade out all together, there are still dark side force users but they don't follow the sith code or call themselves sith. What the next series of films will do is anybodys guess.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/27/15 02:44 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020449
06/27/15 02:41 AM
06/27/15 02:41 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
The jedi code:
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

In the Rise of the Emperor a jedi splinter group adds: There is no contemplation, there is only duty. They foolishly think they can take on the sith emperor. They can't.

The sith code:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

"The Force be with you" is a Jedi thing never hear a sith say it
One sith in Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Empire does say "May the Force ever serve you". She apparently will return in Knights of the Fallen Empire.

Jedi turning into glowing people who appear after being killed is a rare thing in SWTOR as Jedi who "become one with the Force" don't return. Sith on the other hand tend to become Force Ghosts, their spirits haunt their tombs and woe to any unprepared person who enters there in.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/27/15 02:13 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020509
06/27/15 12:21 PM
06/27/15 12:21 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
thanks wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020588
06/28/15 04:41 AM
06/28/15 04:41 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I retract my previous statment. It was only unclear whether the Emperor had a physical body or not because I had been repeatedly playing Shadow of Revan on the Empire side which has different dialogue from the Republic side. Now I just finished it on Draenen, republic trooper and in the cut scene after fighting Revan, Darth Marr says he's perplexed that the Emperor did not take on a physical form and that he left as soon as he appeared. So in Rise of the Emperor he is still a disembodied spirit. Which leads me to ask the same question, how is he going to die before Knights of the Fallen Empire, unless of course this new Emperor with a different name is actually the same spirit in a new body.

Another major diaologu differnce is on empire your told to go face Revan by yourself then you're surpised when the NPCs show up to back you up after all. On the republic side, they send you ahead but tell you they'll be right behind you, so you're not surprised when they show up
Also you talk less with Revan on republic side than empire side. The Emperor's voice is heard sooner on republic side than on empire side.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020615
06/28/15 12:51 PM
06/28/15 12:51 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It's interesting that the Emperor's voice shows up earlier on the Republic side wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020702
06/28/15 10:07 PM
06/28/15 10:07 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Given that two of the republic characters are actually Revan's descendants you'd think he'd talk more on the republic side but he actually talks more on the imperial side, so the emperor waits for him to finish.

Arachnathena, imperial agent, has completed Rise of the Emperor.

Draenen, trooper, has completed Rise of the Emperor.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/29/15 05:00 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020774
06/29/15 12:12 PM
06/29/15 12:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Well, that explains that wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020835
06/29/15 04:17 PM
06/29/15 04:17 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Silvary, sith warrior, has started Shadow of Revan. And now I know why the Emperor's Wrath, loyal servant of the Sith Emperor, would set of on a mission that will ultimately lead to turning against the Emperor. She had a Force vision, in which not one but two Galaxies were rendered lifeless. Silvary doesn't actually know the cause of all this death yet.

Sith Warrior quest part of Shadow of Revan is interesting. You end up confronting of member of the Emperor's Hand, who's concerned about whether you remember that you serve the Emperor and says some rather cryptic but disturbing things. The Wrath is the Empero's enforcer. The Hand are his spies. Only one Wrath at a time but multiple members of the Emperor's Hand. They lose their names, if they ever had one and are just Servant One, Servant Two, etc. At this point in the story, Silvary still doesn't know her master is actually a threat to the empire, but she's getting suspicious. Servant One has acknowledged that the Emepror will return but wont say what happens after. Only "Soon Wrath, you will fulfill your true destiny". That's not ominous at all smile

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/29/15 08:20 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020877
06/30/15 01:14 AM
06/30/15 01:14 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Several people have said that original when SWTOR was in beta testing it was possible to kill off your companions. Apparently the original idea was to have more companions available so if you killed off your healer for example you could get another one. But instead of implementing that they took out killing of your companions. Now Knights of the Fallen Empire is supposedly give players choices that will affect how things play out. Whether the character you don't kill could become a companion I don't know. I don't know why but a lot of people don't like the sith warrior's healer companion and are hopping KOTFE lets you kill off old companions so they can kill him. I'm no one of those people. In fact I'm worried that if we've been frozen in carbonite for a long time that means we actually lose our companions.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020948
06/30/15 02:22 PM
06/30/15 02:22 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020949
06/30/15 02:23 PM
06/30/15 02:23 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Love the quote...yea, something to get worried about. It's amazing what some folks want to do in games luck

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020958
06/30/15 03:25 PM
06/30/15 03:25 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
The Harbinger wont let me log into any characters. Have to leave for work now. Hopefully after, server will work.

In Knights of the Fallen Empire, if you play on existing level 60 characters past actions will come into play. Don't know how but if your character romanced a companion that will have some effect for example. If you create a new level 60 character that character cannnot go back to play previous storylines, its just for Knights and any future content.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 06/30/15 03:36 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1020978
06/30/15 07:15 PM
06/30/15 07:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hope it is up for you soon wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1021014
06/30/15 10:39 PM
06/30/15 10:39 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
They keep putting up photos from Knights of the Fallem Empire on the SWTOR Facebook page than ask questions like:
What do you think will transpire in #FallenEmpire's Chapter 1: The Hunt?

I replied to this one:
We'll go looking for Vitiate only find out the jedi killed him after all and we've been chasing an illision created by Valkorion.

So far 1 like and 1 comment, that I could be right.

Vitiate is the old Sith Emperor.
Valkorion is the new Eternal Empire emperor
I already commented elsewhere that the Eternal Empire is no more eternal than the Rakatta's Infinite Empire was infinite.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 07/04/15 10:09 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic part 3 [Re: looney4labs] #1021068
07/01/15 10:30 AM
07/01/15 10:30 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
That would be cool if you turn out to be right wave

-Roger Caras
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (manxman, Draclvr), 415 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users