I thought this year I would just spring it on you!!
In case you have forgotten or are new, our annual list provides the answer to the question "If I want to play an adventure game, what would you recommend".
So long as you think a game you have played is worth recommending to someone else to play, put it on your list. But only if its an adventure game. Don't fret if you aren't sure that it is an adventure game - there is some latitude for those fuzzy round the edges games that are hard to define.
There are some rules:
1. Games in our Hall of Fame are ineligible, on the basis that we know they are worth playing else why would they be in there. Votes for those games won't be counted. Those games are:
Dark Fall: The Journal
Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within
Zork Grand Inquisitor
2. You can recommend a maximum of 20 games. You can choose to recommend less.
3. You cannot recommend a series. If you want to recommend all the Tex Murphy games, that will take 6 (is it still six??) separate recommendations, one for each game.
4. Episodic adventures will be counted as one game, regardless of where they are up to in the series.
5. Uru and its add ons will be counted as one game.
6. BadMojo and the Redux version are one game.
7. Directors cuts and Special Releases will be counted as the same game.
8. Adventure games only (Dark Side games and Casual games get their own lists).
9. PC games please (although if you sneak a console game in I won't tell)
10. Voting for Isabelle won't count as one of your votes, so you effectively get 21 (I am convinced its actually everyones 21st recommended game so this will help find out)
If at all possible, please list in alphabetical order - it makes counting so much easier. In doing so, ignore "the" (so The Dark Eye would be under "D" for Dark)
The thread stays open for about 3 weeks, (final results will be posted on the last day of July
)and I will (endeavour to) post updates as we go. Also, avoid editing your lists after posting because Chief and I count as we go, and may miss a change.
Who wants to be first?