GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1021981 - 07/06/15 11:52 PM Steam
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Quesnel b.c.
I forgot to change my e-mail address with steam and I have tired everything even to contact them and guess what its a no replay thing sent by a machince and wont be answered know what they can just keep all my games because I am never going back there again. what kind of deal is that. Dianne is not happy blech

#1022007 - 07/07/15 08:25 AM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
Cari Offline
Settled Boomer

I’m afraid when one organisation corners the market then the consumer’s choices become very limited. You could open another account with Steam then hopefully you could contact them with your problem.

#1022017 - 07/07/15 10:02 AM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
MaG Offline
Administrator
Sonic Boomer

dianne,

This page might help - click here.

#1022458 - 07/09/15 03:47 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer

I try to sign in to my account but the acess code keeps coming up so it would only be sent to my old e-mail tired to contact steam support but that doesn't do any good. so if its that way they can have my account and the games I never had problems with the other sites to change my e- mail address. thanks for the help really appreciated it Dianne

#1022462 - 07/09/15 04:16 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
Draclvr Online   content
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
If you no longer have access to the email account associated with the account, there is nothing for it but to wait for Steam to respond. It may take several days.

#1025282 - 07/27/15 04:08 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
Cari Offline
Settled Boomer

I bought a game from Steam some weeks ago and the download failed. I eventually contacted Steam who replied the fault must be because of my slow download speed.
I told them my broadband is fibre optic with a download speed of 40mb so how do you work out that it’s too slow?

They offered to download the game again---it failed.

In future I’ll wait for the disk and the code.

#1025284 - 07/27/15 04:19 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
Jenny100 Online   content
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: dianne
I try to sign in to my account but the acess code keeps coming up so it would only be sent to my old e-mail tired to contact steam support but that doesn't do any good. so if its that way they can have my account and the games I never had problems with the other sites to change my e- mail address. thanks for the help really appreciated it Dianne

It's too bad you tried to enter an access code.
From this ***Rock Paper Shotgun article***
Quote:
The exploit had let folks take over accounts whose username they knew by abusing the password recovery feature. By saying they’d forgotten the password, they could select the option to send a recovery code to the account’s registered e-mail address – but then skip that step by entering nothing where the code should go.

If you'd known about that, you could have gotten your account back without the access code.

#1025450 - 07/28/15 03:10 PM Re: Steam [Re: Jenny100]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Well, having visited the "Rock Paper Shotgun" link you provided Jenny100, my aversion to Steam and its practices is thoroughly reinforced duh

#1025454 - 07/28/15 03:28 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I happen to love Steam, as do most of my closest friends. I haven't had troubles and love the extra features. One mans garbage is another's treasure... grin

#1025505 - 07/28/15 08:29 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
oldbroad Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Chicago
I like it too Ana and have not had any trouble with it YET. I know I will not be happy though, AT ALL, if I lose access to my games!

#1025508 - 07/28/15 08:38 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer

Well I did lose acess to all my games and I wont ever go back to steam again. I stand really firm on this one dianne

#1025523 - 07/28/15 10:20 PM Re: Steam [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
True Blue Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
One mans garbage is another's treasure... grin

Oh, I agree, BrownEyedTigre and I surely hope Steam stays a treasure for you yes

Sadly it is most definitely "one man's garbage" for me.
When I (and others too) purchased a game that turned out to have a flaw that rendered it totally unplayable, I was never able to get support nor has the flaw ever been addressed rolleyes

#1025709 - 07/29/15 06:55 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
Cari Offline
Settled Boomer

I’ve deleted Steam from my PC, when and if they get their customer service sorted maybe I’ll return. Has anyone actually spoken to one of their staff members? I have never got further than automated messages.

#1025776 - 07/29/15 11:52 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer

nope never been able to speak to one of the staff members automated messages that wont get an answer. maybe one day they just might get all that customer service sorted out who knows anyway till then I stay far away. subject closed dianne

#1026111 - 07/31/15 02:03 PM Re: Steam [Re: dianne]
BubbaJake Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Illinois
Dianne, you are SO correct! I accidentally used the wrong email address and for days I have had no joy getting to my 3 little games there. I also have a coupon that was given to me that can't be used. For hours yesterday and today I've tried getting things fixed all to no avail.I will cough up the bucks to get the games I had at steam on GOG and forget about them. Anyone who LOVES steam haven't had any problems, YET. At first I didn't either, but give them time, steam will screw those people over too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian, Rushes 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
20 registered (BrownEyedTigre, Koala, Gimme, family, Karsten, Jenny100, curly, Draclvr, CanukDenis, InlandAZ, 1 invisible), 72 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Newest Members
nadayehia, daventry, Specialbit, DailyMagic, frogsteray
8711 Registered Users