GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's #1026290
08/01/15 09:59 PM
08/01/15 09:59 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he's got something to eat and he won't die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts.
David Brent

```````````````````````````

A businessman hires a private detective to find a missing accountant. The detective tells him that he needs a description and asks a few questions. "Was he tall or was he short?"

The businessman replies, "Both!"

```````````````````````

After the Great Britain Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer. The guy from Corona sits down and says, "Hey Senor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says, "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one.

The guy from Coors says, "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.

The guy from Guinness sits down and says, "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered. The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guinness?" and the Guinness president replies,

"Well, I figured if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither would I."

If you are on Facebook, I am sure you will find this hilarious amusing.

The 76-year-old woman walked down the hallway of Clearview Addictions Clinic, searching for the right department. She passed signs for the "Heroin Addiction Department (HAD)," the "Smoking Addiction Department (SAD)" and the "Bingo Addiction Department (BAD)." Then she spotted the department she was looking for: "Facebook Addiction Department (FAD)."

It was the busiest department in the clinic, with about three dozen people filling the waiting room, most of them staring blankly into their Blackberries and iPhones. A middle-aged man with unkempt hair was pacing the room, muttering,"I need to milk my cows. I need to milk my cows."

A twenty-something man was prone on the floor, his face buried in his hands, while a curly-haired woman comforted him.

"Don't worry. It'll be all right."

"I just don't understand it. I thought my update was LOL-worthy, but none of my friends even clicked the 'like' button."

"How long has it been?"

"Almost five minutes. That's like five months in the real world."

The 76-year-old woman waited until her name was called, then followed the receptionist into the office of Alfred Zulu, Facebook Addiction Counselor.

"Please have a seat, Edna," he said with a warm smile. "And tell me how it all started."

"Well, it's all my grandson's fault. He sent me an invitation to join Facebook. I had never heard of Facebook before, but I thought it was something for me, because I usually have my face in a book."

"How soon were you hooked?"

"Faster than you can say 'create a profile.' I found myself on Facebook at least eight times each day -- and more times at night. Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night to check it, just in case there was an update from one of my new friends in India . My husband didn't like that. He said that friendship is a precious thing and should never be outsourced."

"What do you like most about Facebook?"

"It makes me feel like I have a life. In the real world, I have only five or six friends, but on Facebook, I have 674. I'm even friends with Juan Carlos Montoya."

"Who's he?"

"I don't know, but he's got 4,000 friends, so he must be famous."

"Facebook has helped you make some connections, I see."

"Oh yes. I've even connected with some of the gals from high school -- I still call them 'gals.' I hadn't heard from some of them in ages, so it was exciting to look at their profiles and figure out who's retired, who's still working, and who's had some work done. I love browsing their photos and reading their updates. I know where they've been on vacation, which movies they've watched, and whether they hang their toilet paper over or under. I've also been playing a game with some of them."

"Let me guess. Farmville?"

"No, Mafia Wars. I'm a Hitman. No one messes with Edna."

"Wouldn't you rather meet some of your friends in person?"

"No, not really. It's so much easier on Facebook. We don't need to gussy ourselves up. We don't need to take baths or wear perfume or use mouthwash. That's the best thing about Facebook -- you can't smell anyone. Everyone is attractive, because everyone has picked a good profile pic. One of the gals is using a profile pic that was taken, I'm pretty certain, during the Eisenhower Administration. "

"What pic are you using?"

"Well, I spent five hours searching for a profile pic, but couldn't find one I really liked. So I decided to visit the local beauty salon."

"To make yourself look prettier?"

"No, to take a pic of one of the young ladies there. That's what I'm using."

"Didn't your friends notice that you look different?"

"Some of them did, but I just told them I've been doing lots of yoga."

"When did you realize that your Facebooking might be a problem?"

"I realized it last Sunday night, when I was on Facebook and saw a message on my wall from my husband: 'I moved out of the house five days ago. Just thought you should know.'"

"What did you do?"

"What else? I unfriended him of course!"

A student was heading home for the holidays. When she got to the airline counter, she presented her ticket to New York. As she gave the agent her luggage, she made the remark, "I'd like you to send my green suitcase to Hawaii, and my red suitcase to London."

The confused agent said, "I'm sorry, we can't do that."

"Really??? I am so relieved to hear you say that because that's exactly what you did to my luggage last year!"

``````````````````````````

I walked into a bar the other day and ordered a double. The bartender brought out a guy who looked just like me.

````````````````````

A man walks into a bar and orders a shot then looks into his pocket. he does this over and over again. finally the bartender asks why he orders a shot and after drinking it he looks into his pocket.

The man responded "I have a picture of my wife in there and when she starts to look good then I'll quit drinking and go home."

```````````````````````````````

A professor stood before his class of twenty senior organic biology students, about to hand out the final exam. "I want to say that it's been a pleasure teaching you this semester. I know you've all worked extremely hard and many of you are off to medical school after summer. So that no one gets their GPA messed up because they might have been celebrating a bit too much this week, anyone who would like to opt out of the final exam today will receive a 'B' for the course."

There was much rejoicing in the class as students got up, walked to the front of the class, and took the professor up on his offer. As the last taker left the room, the professor looked out over the handful of remaining students and asked, "Anyone else? This is your last chance."

One final student rose up and opted out of the final. The professor closed the door and took attendance of those students remaining. "I'm glad to see you believe in yourself," he said. "You will ALL receive 'A's."

`````````````````````````````

Tower: Mission triple-three, do you have problems?

Pilot: I think, I have lost my compass.

Tower: Judging the way you are flying, you lost the whole instrument panel..

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Welcome to the weekend/day two! yay

You're welcome to get up and dance with me if you want. Nobody likes dancing alone. shame

Oh I don't mean now. You'll have to wait till I get up at 10:00, have my breakfast by 11:00, drink a pot of coffee by about 12:00, and then I'll be awake enough with sufficient quantities of caffeine in me to want to get up and dance.

think On second thought forget it. yes

I'm 63 and live in Southern Oklahoma. blech

That's nothing to dance about. razz

Have a happy everyone.

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026292
08/01/15 10:32 PM
08/01/15 10:32 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Happy Sunday Joe and all!

James is still here and we've had a full day. Today will be a much quieter day. lol

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1026298
08/01/15 11:45 PM
08/01/15 11:45 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Have a great Sunday Joe, Ana and all my fellow Boomers. smile

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026305
08/02/15 04:26 AM
08/02/15 04:26 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe, Ana, SpaceQ and everyone. Coffee is ready and water for tea.
Hope you all enjoy a quiet summer day. summer

Gerry
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026315
08/02/15 07:06 AM
08/02/15 07:06 AM
Scotland
MsMercury Offline
Adept Boomer
MsMercury  Offline
Adept Boomer

Scotland
Hello Joe, Ana, Space, Gerry and all who stop by later!

It's just after noon here, cold (55), and very wet once again! Oh for some sunshine and warmth! Diana's stopping by today to help out where she can...don't know what I'd do without her and rest of family. Come August 14 hubby and I will be off for a long weekend break to the Scottish Borders, a beautiful part of the country.

Enjoy your day guys!

Mary hearts wave

"It's not what you have in your life
but who you have in your life that counts." puppy

I'm not getting old....just 'Marvelously Mature'! grin
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026325
08/02/15 08:16 AM
08/02/15 08:16 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. To all here and all who follow, have a Great Sunday. Quiet weekend here. We did our shopping yesterday as Robert has to work today. Danish, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns, Toast, and BB Pancakes in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026337
08/02/15 09:56 AM
08/02/15 09:56 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers summer

Joe, Happy Sunday!

Ana, enjoy your day.

Space, good morning.

Gerry, thanks for the coffee.

Mary, enjoy your afternoon.

Connie, have a great day!

Off to church now. Out to lunch with the girls this afternoon. A nice quiet day planned. catrub

Gail
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026343
08/02/15 10:37 AM
08/02/15 10:37 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Will be another busy day here. Yesterday was rummage sale day! What fun and great bargins too. Today is my granddaughters baby shower!!! She is having a little girl around October 9th. Fun, fun, fun!!! Abbi likes the idea of having a little cousin as a birthday present since her birthday is the 11th. lol

Off to get things ready!! May you all have a very lovely day!!!

wave
Nan

Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026347
08/02/15 11:16 AM
08/02/15 11:16 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Super Sunday ya'll puppy

We slept in and are planning a easy peasy quiet day. Son will be home with the gang late tonight. Son is sick and has to drive 13 hours with 2 kids. Won't be a fun day for him. wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: looney4labs] #1026351
08/02/15 11:42 AM
08/02/15 11:42 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Another nice day here today. Doggie time. puppy

Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: Space Quest Fan] #1026354
08/02/15 12:07 PM
08/02/15 12:07 PM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Happy Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Another easy peasy day planned! Love these kinds of days! woot

Alrighty, off to see what's afoot!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026394
08/02/15 04:01 PM
08/02/15 04:01 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Hi Boomies. I'm off to work again. Looking forward to a morning off tomorrow. Have a great rest of the day off everyone.

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: Midge] #1026395
08/02/15 04:12 PM
08/02/15 04:12 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Hi Graduate Boomer. smile

Re: Sip & Surf Sunday Joe's [Re: gymcandy1] #1026407
08/02/15 09:34 PM
08/02/15 09:34 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Ahhh, just enjoyed a fun game of Small World with hubby followed by viewing "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." It's been on the wish list for a bit, and we finally got around to watching it wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 288 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users