GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sunday Sunshine #1029141
08/22/15 08:16 PM
08/22/15 08:16 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
“I couldn’t repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.”
– Steven Wright

`````````````````````````

There was an elderly couple who in their old age noticed that they were getting a lot more forgetful, so they decided to go to the doctor. The doctor told them that they should start writing things down so they don't forget. They went home and the old lady told her husband to get her a bowl of ice cream. "You might want to write it down," she said. The husband said, "No, I can remember that you want a bowl of ice cream." She then told her husband she wanted a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream. "Write it down," she told him, and again he said, "No, no, I can remember: you want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream." Then the old lady said she wants a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top. "Write it down," she told her husband and again he said, "No, I got it. You want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top." So he goes to get the ice cream and spends an unusually long time in the kitchen, over 30 minutes. He comes out to his wife and hands her a plate of eggs and bacon. The old wife stares at the plate for a moment, then looks at her husband and asks, "Where's the toast?"

````````````````````````

THREE TREES AND A WOODPECKER
Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?" The birch says he cannot tell, but just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling.

The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree and replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch, It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever poked my pecker into."

Now wipe that smile off your face.

`````````````````````````````

A blonde and a redhead have a ranch. They have just lost their bull. The women need to buy another, but only have $500. The redhead tells the blonde, "I will go to the market and see if I can find one for under that amount. If I can, I will send you a telegram." She goes to the market and finds one for $499. Having only one dollar left, she goes to the telegraph office and finds out that it costs one dollar per word. She is stumped on how to tell the blonde to bring the truck and trailer. Finally, she tells the telegraph operator to send the word "comfortable." Skeptical, the operator asks, "How will she know to come with the trailer from just that word?" The redhead replies, "She's a blonde so she reads slow: 'Come for ta bull.'"

`````````````````````````

A police officer attempts to stop a car for speeding and the guy gradually increases his speed until he's topping 100 mph. The man eventually realizes he can't escape and finally pulls over. The cop approaches the car and says, "It's been a long day and my shift is almost over, so if you can give me a good excuse for your behavior, I'll let you go." The guy thinks for a few seconds and then says, "My wife ran away with a cop about a week ago. I thought you might be that officer trying to give her back!"

```````````````````

An old man is met by his attorney, and is told he is going to be audited. He rides to the IRS office with his attorney, and when he gets there, he begins to talk with the IRS agent. "I bet $2,000 I can bite my own eye!" The IRS agent agrees to the bet, believing it an impossible task. The old man laughs, pulls out his glass eye, and bites it. The IRS agent is dumbfounded. The old man bets $3,000 he can bite his other eye. The IRS agent knows there's no way possible to do this, so he once more agrees. The old man cackles, pulls out his dentures, and bites his eye. Then the old man finally wagers, "I bet $20,000 I can stand on the far side of your desk, pee over the desk, and get it into your wastebasket, without missing a single drop." The agent knows he won't be able to, so once more he agrees. The old man indeed misses, peeing all over the desk, and on the paperwork. The IRS agent jumps for joy, but then notices the attorney over in the corner moaning. "Are you all right?" asks the agent. "No! On the way over here, he bet me $400,000 he could pee on your desk and you'd be happy about it!"

````````````````````````````

Q: How do you make a tissue dance?
A: Put a little boogie in it.

``````````````````````````

A boy asks his father, "Dad, are bugs good to eat?" "That's disgusting. Don't talk about things like that over dinner," the dad replies. After dinner the father asks, "Now, son, what did you want to ask me?" "Oh, nothing," the boy says. "There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone."

`````````````````````

During lunch at work, I ate 3 plates of beans (which I know I shouldn't). When I got home, my husband seemed excited to see me and exclaimed delightedly, "Darling I have a surprise for dinner tonight." He then blindfolded me and led me to my chair at the dinner table. I took a seat and just as he was about to remove my blindfold, the telephone rang. He made me promise not to touch the blindfold until he returned and went to answer the call. The beans I had consumed were still affecting me and the pressure was becoming unbearable, so while my husband was out of the room I seized the opportunity, shifted my weight to one leg and let one go. It was not only loud, but it smelled like a fertilizer truck running over a skunk in front of a garbage dump! I took my napkin from my lap and fanned the air around me vigorously. Then, shifting to the other leg, I ripped off three more. The stink was worse than cooked cabbage. Keeping my ears carefully tuned to the conversation in the other room, I went on releasing atomic bombs like this for another few minutes. The pleasure was indescribable! Eventually the telephone farewells signaled the end of my freedom, so I quickly fanned the air a few more times with my napkin, placed it on my lap and folded my hands back on it feeling very relieved and pleased with myself. My face must have been the picture of innocence when my husband returned, apologizing for taking so long. He asked me if I had peaked through the blindfold, and I assured him I had not. At this point, he removed the blindfold, and twelve dinner guests seated around the table, with their hands to their noses, chorused, "Happy Birthday!"

```````````````````````````

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

I literally cannot get from the jokes page back over here to paste the joke without falling asleep before I can get it pasted. shocked

I keep dozing off and waking, and having to check what was the last joke I posted, and which was the last one I copied. slapforehead

Isn't that funny? duh

Well consider that a bonus joke. lol

This week my schedule is 5:00 Friday, 6:00 Saturday, and 7:00 Sunday, so I could stay up a little later tonight. I just can't stay awake. sleep

I've actually been up since 4:00 this morning. smirk

I hope Sunday is fantastic for you guys. thumbsup

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029144
08/22/15 09:08 PM
08/22/15 09:08 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thumbsup on the jokes Joe. lol

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029148
08/22/15 09:41 PM
08/22/15 09:41 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joe, any way that you start the diner is awesome! Don't worry about the jokes if you are falling asleep. Wishing us a good day is special in itself. hearts

Have a wonderful day Joe, SpaceQ and all!

My sister and I did a 34 mile bike ride yesterday and it was awesome! What a beautiful day for a ride!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029166
08/23/15 05:59 AM
08/23/15 05:59 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe, SpaceQ, Ana and everyone. Joe happy dreams. SpaceQ I agree Joe's jokes are great! Ana that's quite a bike ride! Must have been a beautiful day. Coffee is ready and tea water is simmering. Wishing you all a wonderful day! wave

Gerry
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029168
08/23/15 06:18 AM
08/23/15 06:18 AM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good morning Joe, Space, Ana, Gerry and all who come in the diner today. Grey out there and cool. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029169
08/23/15 06:49 AM
08/23/15 06:49 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. To all here and all who stop in later, have a Great Sunday. Breakfast out and some shopping today. Danish, Scrambled Eggs, Home Fries, Bacon, Sausage, Ham, Toast, and Waffles in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029175
08/23/15 08:21 AM
08/23/15 08:21 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers puppy

Joe, thanks for opening up for us every morning. thumbsup

Space, good day wishes.

Ana, wow! I'm worn out after a mile ride.

Gerry, coffee is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Midgie, light rain here this morning but looks like it's starting to clear up. At least it's cooler.

Connie, enjoy your breakfast out and your shopping.

Church this morning. Lunch out. Wishing everyone a great day! lab

Gail
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: GBC] #1029177
08/23/15 08:52 AM
08/23/15 08:52 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Ana,

Sounds like fun. How long did that bike ride take you?

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029182
08/23/15 10:28 AM
08/23/15 10:28 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Looking like a cloudy rainy day today. We had some nasty storms go through late last evening and all night. Poor Sassy, I thought she would have a heart attact. eek

Have a few errands to run today and then maybe a visit with my daughter. Have a lovely day everybody!!

wave
Nan

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029183
08/23/15 10:58 AM
08/23/15 10:58 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
SpaceQ, if I was by myself it would have taken 2-3 hours with time to stop for taking pictures. My sister and I had a fancy lunch, took a windmill tour, stopped to climb trees, played at a couple playgrounds and scaled a dam among other fun things so it took 6 hours. laugh

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: auntiegram] #1029184
08/23/15 11:01 AM
08/23/15 11:01 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers. Busy days for you! Hope this one goes smoothly and have a happy Sunday Sunshine!

Hey, Space, Gerry, Midgie, Connie, Gail, and Nan!

Ana, I'm amazed! praise Woohoo and booyah!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Church this morning, then maybe a visit to our local winery. We'll see what the day brings! yay

Alrighty, gotta skoosh! See you later!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: Darlene] #1029187
08/23/15 11:10 AM
08/23/15 11:10 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
It sounds like a great time Ana. smile

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029188
08/23/15 11:32 AM
08/23/15 11:32 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sunday ya'll puppy

Daughter is driving back to CO today, so will borrow Nan's band for her if you don't mind.

Joe, that first joke cracked me up! thanks

Space, what's up for you today?

Ana, so glad you had a great time!

Gerry, thanks for the coffee.

Midgy, you working for the Bliss' today?

Connie, happy shoppity shopping.

Gail, have a fantastic day.

Nan, so glad Sassy survived the storms. Poor baby.

Happy skooshing, Darlene.

Back later wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: looney4labs] #1029207
08/23/15 02:55 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
looney,

Watching an Alabama reply on SEC Network trying to get rid of the taste of that last bad loss. cry

Off to the park with the lab once that ends. It has been a really nice day here today.

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029208
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Hi L4L. Yes I have both shifts at the Blisses today. Last night there was a birthday party for one of their sons and the whole family came. It was a lot of work but a new caregiver helped me. It was so much fun.

Midgie hearts broccoli yay

Just do it.
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: Midge] #1029237
08/23/15 08:50 PM
08/23/15 08:50 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good night Boomers. See you all tomorrow. wave

Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029238
08/23/15 08:52 PM
08/23/15 08:52 PM
Massachusetts
Midge Offline
Graduate Boomer
Midge  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Night all. See you in the AM. I'll be checking the BB pancakes, yumm

Midgie hearts

Just do it.
Re: Sunday Sunshine [Re: gymcandy1] #1029240
08/23/15 09:08 PM
08/23/15 09:08 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Nighty night...

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, 1 invisible), 365 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users