GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Saturdiner #1030029
08/29/15 12:13 AM
08/29/15 12:13 AM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” – Unknown

````````````````````````````````

A group of girlfriends is on vacation when they see a 5-story hotel with a sign that reads: "For Women Only." Since they are without their boyfriends and husbands, they decide to go in.

The bouncer, a very attractive guy, explains to them how it works. "We have 5 floors. Go up floor by floor, and once you find what you are looking for, you can stay there. It's easy to decide since each floor has a sign telling you what's inside."

So they start going up and on the first floor the sign reads: "All the men on this floor are short and plain." The friends laugh and without hesitation move on to the next floor.

The sign on the second floor reads: "All the men here are short and handsome." Still, this isn't good enough, so the friends continue on up.

They reach the third floor and the sign reads: "All the men here are tall and plain."

They still want to do better, and so, knowing there are still two floors left, they continued on up.

On the fourth floor, the sign is perfect: "All the men here are tall and handsome." The women get all excited and are going in when they realize that there is still one floor left. Wondering what they are missing, they head on up to the fifth floor.

There they find a sign that reads: "There are no men here. This floor was built only to prove that there is no way to please a woman."

```````````````````````

Dear Daughter,

I am writing this slow because I know that you can't read fast.

We don't live where we did when you left home.

Your dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within 20 miles from your home so we moved.

I won't be able to send you the address, as the last family that lived here took the house numbers when they left so that they wouldn't have to change their address.

This place is real nice. It even has a washing machine. I'm not sure if it works too well though.

Last week I put a load in, pulled the chain, and haven't seen them since.

The weather isn't too bad here., it only rained twice last week, The first time it rained for three days and the second time for four days. The coat you wanted me to send you, your Uncle Steve said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with the buttons on, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets. We got another bill from the funeral home.

They said if we don't make the last payment on Grandma's grave, up she comes. John locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were worried because it took him two hours to get me and Shelby out.

Your sister had a baby this morning but I haven't found out what it is yet, so I don't know if you're an aunt or an uncle. If the baby is a girl, your sister is going to name it after me, she's going to call it Mom.

Uncle Pete fell in a whiskey vat last week. Some man tried to pull him out but he fought them off and drowned. We had him cremated and he burned for three days.

Three of your friends went off a bridge in a pick-up truck. Ralph was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your two friends were in the back. They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down.

There isn't much more news at this time. Nothing much has happened.

PS, I was going to send you some money but the envelope was already sealed.

```````````````````````

Two cannibals meet one day. The first cannibal says, "You know, I just can't seem to get a tender missionary. I've baked 'em, I've roasted 'em, I've stewed 'em, I've barbequed 'em, I've even tried every sort of marinade. I just cannot seem to get them tender."

The second cannibal asks, "What kind of missionary do you use?"

The other replied, "You know, the ones that hang out at that place at the bend of the river. They have those brown cloaks with a rope around the waist and their sort of bald on top with a funny ring of hair on their heads."

"Ah ha!" he replies. "No wonder.. those are friars!"

````````````````````````

Criminal Hall of Shame
Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity *while* also breaking the law. To these brave men and women -- ooops, "women and men" -- we present the highest possible honor: entry into the "Stupid-Criminal Hall of Shame."

Following are their accounts ..

Kentucky (where else?): Two men tried to pull the front off a cash machine by running a chain from the machine to the bumper of their pickup truck. Instead of pulling the front panel off the machine, though, they pulled the bumper off their truck. Scared, they left the scene and drove home. With the chain still attached to the machine. With their bumper still attached to the chain. With their vehicle's license plate still attached to the bumper.

South Carolina: A man walked into a local police station, dropped a bag of cocaine on the counter, informed the desk sergeant that it was substandard cut, and asked that the person who sold it to him be arrested immediately.

Indiana: A man walked up to a cashier at a grocery store and demanded all the money in the register. When the cashier handed him the loot, he fled--leaving his wallet on the counter.

England: A German "tourist," supposedly on a golf holiday, showed up at customs with his golf bag. While making idle chatter about golf, the customs official realized that the tourist did not know what a "handicap" was. The customs official asks the tourist to demonstrate his swing, which he does--backward! A substantial amount of narcotics were found in the golf bag.

Germany: Oil of Olay no longer turning the trick for her, a woman decided that she would bathe in the milk of a camel (a modern-day Cleopatra). So she stole a camel from the local zoo (where *else* can you find a camel when you need one?) and transported it back to her house--where she realized that the camel's name was "Otto."

Arizona: A company called "Guns For Hire" stages gunfights for Western movies, etc. One day, they received a call from a 47-year-old woman who wanted to have her husband killed. She got 4-1/2 years in jail.

Texas: A man convicted of robbery worked out a deal to pay $9600 in damages rather than serve a prison sentence. For payment, he provided the court a check--a *forged* check. He got 10 years.

(Location Unknown): A man went into a drug store, pulled a gun, announced a robbery, and pulled a Hefty-bag face mask over his head--and realized that he'd forgotten to cut eyeholes in the mask.

(Location Unknown): A man successfully broke into a bank after hours and stole--are you ready for this?--the bank's video camera. While it was recording. Remotely. (That is, the videotape recorder was located elsewhere in the bank, so he didn't get the videotape of himself stealing the camera.)

(Location Unknown): A man successfully broke into a bank's basement through a street-level window, cutting himself up pretty badly in the process. He then realized that (1) he could not get to the money from where he was, (2) he could not climb back out the window through which he had entered, and (3) he was bleeding pretty badly. So he located a phone and dialed "911" for help..

Virginia: Two men in a pickup truck went to a new home site to steal a refrigerator. Banging up walls, floors, etc., they snatched a refrigerator from one of the houses, and loaded it onto the pickup. The truck promptly got stuck in the mud, so these brain surgeons decided that the refrigerator was too heavy. Banging up *more* walls, floors, etc., they put the refrigerator BACK into the house and returned to the pickup truck only to realize that they locked the keys in the truck--so they abandoned it.

(Location Unknown): A man walked into a Circle-K (a convenience store similar to a 7-11), put a $20 bill on the counter and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer? Fifteen dollars.

````````````````````````````````

Two golden-agers were discussing their husbands over tea.

"I do wish that my Elmer would stop biting his nails. He makes me terribly nervous."

"My Billy used to do the same thing," the older woman replied. "But I broke him of the habit."

"How?"

"I hid his teeth."

````````````````````````

Mary was having a tough day and had stretched herself out on the couch to do a bit of what she thought to be well-deserved complaining and self- pitying.

She moaned to her mom and brother, "Nobody loves me.. the whole world hates me!"

Her brother, busily occupied playing a game, hardly looked up at her and passed on this encouraging word: "That's not true, Mary. Some people don't even know you."

```````````````````````

Signs That You're Broke
At communion you go back for seconds.

You think of a lottery ticket as an investment.

You're formulating a plan to rob the food bank.

Long distance companies don't call you to switch.

You give blood everyday.. just for the orange juice.

McDonald's is the supplier of all your kitchen condiments.

American Express calls and says: "Leave home without it!"

Your idea of a 7-course meal is taking a deep breath outside a restaurant.

You've rolled so many pennies, you've formed a psychic bond with Abe Lincoln.

``````````````````````

A high school English teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam.

"Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being there tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your immediate family, but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever."

A smart ass guy in the back of the room raises his hand and asks, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

The entire class does its best to stifle their laughter and snickering. When silence is restored, the teacher smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says, "Well, I guess you'd have to write the exam with your other hand."

``````````````````````````````

Good mormon everyboomie. welcome

oops I mean good morning of course. blush

We're not supposed to discuss religion here, and I respect that. wink

They do have a good choir though don't they? yes

So, welcome to another weekend! yay

I have a three day weekend this week, but you know we have a family reunion next weekend, and I'm only off on that Sunday. smirk

That's because I didn't know about the reunion before I took this weekend off, but that's ok though. One day of reunioning is about all I can stand, and besides that it's at the lake..........in the heat. shame

I wonder if my air conditioner will miss me as much as I'll miss it. think

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

Last edited by gymcandy1; 08/29/15 12:17 AM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030037
08/29/15 05:59 AM
08/29/15 05:59 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe and everyone. Coffee and tea are ready. Joe enjoy your 3 days off. Maybe a little arrowhead hunting while you are off? Wishing you all a great Saturday! summer wave

Gerry
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030052
08/29/15 07:29 AM
08/29/15 07:29 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. To all here and all who follow, have a Super Saturday. Danish, Bacon Sandwiches, and BB Pancakes in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030053
08/29/15 08:01 AM
08/29/15 08:01 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers summer

Joe, enjoy your vacation. Keep cool!

Gerry, good morning. Thanks for the coffee.

Connie, is your weather getting any cooler?

A nice dog walk with Nina this morning then maybe some shopping with the girls this afternoon. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! lab

Gail
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030060
08/29/15 09:35 AM
08/29/15 09:35 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning Joe Gerry Connie Gail and the rest of the Diner Gang when you are up and at em!

Enjoy the time off Joe
Thanks for the goodies Connie
Have fun Gail and drive safe

Ahhhhh, the weekend is here...time off from work, more time with WOM hug

Normal Saturday docket for me...projects and chores with gardening and whale music sprinkled liberally all throughout dance

Have a wonderful day everyone wave

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030071
08/29/15 10:42 AM
08/29/15 10:42 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Super Saturday ya'll puppy

Dog washing is on my docket for the day. The Per volunteered yesterday to help me wash them today. I think he was hinting they needed a bath lab This will be interesting as he is not a dog person, and does not like being messy lol

I'll take them out front and brush them first, but the bathroom will still be covered with hair when I'm done. I think it's their revenge tactic for the bath. lab

Joe, glad you are ok. wave

Son just came out and said his bed is leaking sad

Back later.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Saturdiner [Re: looney4labs] #1030074
08/29/15 10:53 AM
08/29/15 10:53 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good morning everyone. wave

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Saturdiner [Re: Space Quest Fan] #1030077
08/29/15 11:16 AM
08/29/15 11:16 AM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Good morning everyboomie. wave

It's relatively cool here this morning. I had my breakfast, and took Baby out for a walk. She was excited by the fact that there were children out there playing that she could say hello to. She's so funny, she'll run up and greet people, or dogs, and after that she's like "See you later I have to go now". lab lol

I've gotta run to Walmart before it starts to get hot, and then back home to relax, or do house cleaning. yes

Have a super weekend everyone. rah

joe

William Butler Yeats
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030086
08/29/15 12:20 PM
08/29/15 12:20 PM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers and hope your Saturdiner is easy peasy!

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

We have a dinner at our local winery tonight. Should be fun!

Alrighty, off to see what's afoot!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030095
08/29/15 01:30 PM
08/29/15 01:30 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Morning, Space wave

Joe, so glad you and Baby got out for a walk. Did you walk your neighborhood?

Darlene, sounds like a fun night.

Dogs are all washed. Boys were hysterical. Now all the dogs want to go out and roll in the dirt which is not going to happen for at least an hour. They need to stay clean at least as liong as it took us to wash them.

Son and boys are making an Angry Bird Pizza and I'm resting my back in my computer chair wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Saturdiner [Re: looney4labs] #1030103
08/29/15 02:39 PM
08/29/15 02:39 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Hi looney. Any fun plans for today?

Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030127
08/29/15 07:28 PM
08/29/15 07:28 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Playing board games with the family....wave

-Roger Caras
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030129
08/29/15 07:35 PM
08/29/15 07:35 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Hey all! I ran the Badass Dash Obstacle Course Race today. I completed 31 of 33 obstacles and ran 4.5 miles so I have to say it was quite successful! I'm very pleased. My son took 3rd place out of the whole days runners. I'm so proud of him!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1030134
08/29/15 08:34 PM
08/29/15 08:34 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thumbsup Ana bravo Congrats to your entire family praise

That sounds like fun looney

Re: Saturdiner [Re: Space Quest Fan] #1030138
08/29/15 10:07 PM
08/29/15 10:07 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Howdy everybody. wave

I had a nice day. After I went to Walmart, twice, I didn't do much of anything. grin

It *was* a bit stressful driving all the way to Walmart, parking, going in, walking half way to the back of the store and realizing I left my wallet at home. hardwall

That's the second time I've done that this year. slapforehead

If it was a few blocks it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it's more like 7 miles. shocked

I hate getting forgetful. lol

Time to get another one started. happydance

Ana congratulations to you and Peter! bravo

joe

William Butler Yeats
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1030141
08/29/15 10:17 PM
08/29/15 10:17 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Been there, done that Joe! I don't carry a purse and I sometimes leave without grabbing my card holder I carry. I feel your pain!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1030148
08/29/15 11:31 PM
08/29/15 11:31 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good night Boomers. sleep

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (michele rose), 400 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users