GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Saturdiner #1032904
09/18/15 08:27 PM
09/18/15 08:27 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
An idea isn't responsible for the people who believe in it.
Don Marquis
````````````````````````````

A drunk stumbles along a baptismal service on Sunday afternoon down by the river. He proceeds to walk down into the water and stand next to the Preacher.

The minister turns and notices the old drunk and says, "Mister, Are you ready to find Jesus?"

The drunk looks back and says, "Yes, Preacher... I sure am."

The minister then dunks the fellow under the water and pulls him right back up. "Have you found Jesus?" the preacher asked.

"No, I didn't!" said the drunk.

The preacher then dunks him under for quite a bit longer, brings him up and says, "Now, brother, have you found Jesus?"

"No, I did not Reverend."

The preacher in disgust holds the man under for at least 30 seconds this time, brings him out of the water and says in a harsh tone, "My Good man, have you found Jesus yet?"

The old drunk wipes his eyes and asks the preacher... "Are you sure this is where he fell in?"

`````````````````````````

There were two evil brothers. They were rich, and used their money to keep their ways from the public eye. They even attended the same church, and looked to be perfect Christians.

Then, their pastor retired, and a new one was hired. Not only could he see right through the brothers' deception, but he also spoke well and true, and the church started to swell in numbers. A fund-raising campaign was started to build a new assembly.

All of a sudden, one of the brothers died. The remaining brother sought out the new pastor the day before the funeral and handed him a check for the amount needed to finish paying for the new building.

"I have only one condition," he said. "At his funeral, you must say my brother was a saint." The pastor gave his word, and deposited the check.

The next day, at the funeral, the pastor did not hold back. "He was an evil man," he said. "He cheated on his wife and abused his family." After going on in this vein for a small time, he concluded with,

"But, compared to his brother, he was a saint."

`````````````````````````````

A man was taking his wife, who was pregnant with twins, to the hospital when his car went out of control and crashed. Upon regaining consciousness, he saw his brother, a relentless world-class practical joker, sitting at his bed side.

He asked his brother how his wife was and his brother replied, "Don't worry, everybody is fine and you have a son and a daughter. But the hospital was in a real hurry to get the birth certificates filed and since both you and your wife were unconscious, I named them for you."

The husband was thinking to himself, "Oh no, what has he done now?" and said with trepidation, "Well what did you name them?"

The brother replied, "I named the little girl Denise."

The husband, relieved, said, "That's a very pretty name! What did you come up with for my son?"

The brother replied, "Denephew.

```````````````````````

Hank was amazed at the length of the funeral procession going down Main Street. Watching awhile he observed that the cortege consisted entirely of men. It was led by a man holding a Doberman.

His curiosity got the best of him and walked up to the man at the front of the line. "Excuse me for interrupting you in your time of grief", said Hank, politely. " but I've never seen such a funeral procession. Would you mind telling me who it's for?"

"It's for my mother-in-law," explained the mourner. Tightening the leash, he guestered down at the dog and said, "My Doberman here killed her."

"Gee, that's terrible, " commiserated Hank, " but hmmm....is there any way you could lend me your dog for a day or so ?"

The bereaved son-in-law pointed his thumb over his shoulder and answered, "get in line!"

```````````````````````````````````

A newlywed farmer and his wife were visited by her mother, who immediately demanded an inspection of the place. The Farmer had genuinely tried to be friendly to his new mother-in-law, hoping that it could be a friendly, non-antagonistic relationship.

To no avail, she kept nagging them at every opportunity, demanding changes, offering unwanted advice and making life unbearable to the farmer and his new bride.

While they were walking through the barn, the farmer's mule suddenly reared up and kicked the mother-in-law in the head, killing her instantly.

At the funeral service a few days later, the farmer stood near the casket and greeted folks as they walked by. The pastor noticed that whenever a woman would whisper something to the farmer, he would nod his head yes and say something. Whenever a man walked by and whispered to the farmer, however, he would shake his head, no and mumble a reply.

Very curious as to this bizarre behavior, the pastor later asked the farmer what that was all about. The farmer replied, "The women would say, 'What a terrible tragedy' and I would nod my head and say, 'Yes, it was.' The men would ask, 'Can I borrow that mule?' and I would shake my head and say, 'Can't. It's all booked up for a year.'

```````````````````````````````````

An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing, forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says.

"We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her," and he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this." She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at the old man, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "They're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own fares." "That's wonderful!" says the wife. "What story do we tell them for Christmas?"

```````````````````````````

A couple drove several miles down a country road, not saying a word.

An earlier discussion had led to an argument, and neither wanted to concede their position.

As they passed a barnyard of mules and pigs, the wife sarcastically asked, "relatives of yours?"

"Why yes," the husband replied, "they're my in-laws."

``````````````````````````````

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Welcome to the weekend! yay

I hope it's nice for you all weekend, weather-wise. yes

I was talking to a customer today, and we were lamenting the heat. He tells me he cheated last week and went to Chicago where it was much cooler. rolleyes

Now we are going to be in the upper 80s over the weekend with strong chances of rain, but by my day off Tuesday, we'll be back up to 95. slapforehead

Makes you wonder doesn't it? crazy

WILL THE HEAT EVER END?!?!? razz

Ok the pity party's over. snicker

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032906
09/18/15 08:59 PM
09/18/15 08:59 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
We are flooding here like crazy! There was over an inch of rain in 20 minutes! I have a race today and have to get up at 4:30am to get there. Much of the area is flooded and it will be interesting. The things I don't do for "fun". lol

Have a happy day Joe and all!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032910
09/18/15 09:07 PM
09/18/15 09:07 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Bring your waders Ana...and if you don't know how deep it is--don't cross there!

wave

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Saturdiner [Re: soot] #1032911
09/18/15 09:16 PM
09/18/15 09:16 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Great advice soot. Be careful Ana.

Have a great Saturday Boomers. thumbsup

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032920
09/18/15 10:48 PM
09/18/15 10:48 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I'll be careful! It'll be a cold, wet run. lol

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032934
09/19/15 03:09 AM
09/19/15 03:09 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Good morning,have all a nice day. wave

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Saturdiner [Re: Haroula] #1032938
09/19/15 03:40 AM
09/19/15 03:40 AM
Washington In the Wet corner
Drmojo Offline
Addicted Boomer
Drmojo  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Washington In the Wet corner
Hello Boom Boom buddies wave wave

How is everybody doing??
Hope you all have a nice Saturday~
I have D from 2 to 8 yuk blech
I get a lot of reading done snicker
Ana dress for ummmm wet weather think
Have fun! too bad you can't take your pups
they'd love it lab urock wootKaren

"Horses are smart"

"You never heard of a Horse going broke"
betting on Humans~ Will Rogers~
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032941
09/19/15 06:01 AM
09/19/15 06:01 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Joe, Ana, soot, Space, Haroula, Karen and everyone. I've got the coffee ready and the tea water simmering. Joe hope you stay cool. cool Ana stay dry! yes Soot, Space and Haroula enjoy! happydance Karen that is a long time to complete dialysis. I'll be thinking of you and sending hugs. catrub Wishing you all a peaceful day. wave wave

Gerry
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032946
09/19/15 06:53 AM
09/19/15 06:53 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
What a wild night of storms! eek I had two hours sleep, and I'm off to the city for my race. I may actually take a rare nap when I get home!

Doc, that's such a long time to lay still. Hugs to you!

Have a great day Gerry, Haroula, Space, soot, Joe and all to follow!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032948
09/19/15 07:59 AM
09/19/15 07:59 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. To all here and all who follow, have a Terrific Saturday. Hugs Karen. Ana, good luck and have fun racing. Danish, Cinnamon Apple Pancakes, and Scrambled Eggs in the NC. summer

Connie
Re: Saturdiner [Re: connie] #1032949
09/19/15 08:08 AM
09/19/15 08:08 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good luck Ana. smile

It smells great in here Connie. Cinnamon yay

Re: Saturdiner [Re: gymcandy1] #1032961
09/19/15 11:37 AM
09/19/15 11:37 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Super Saturday, and May the Force be with ya'll puppy

Just watch the cutest video of puppies swimming for the first time happydance

Hubby, kids, doggies, and I all went for a nice walk. Chest did not play nicely so we only did one lap. Temps went up 7 degrees in 30 mins, so I'm in for the day.

Today must be run day. Have fun, Ana. Daughter is running the AF 1/2 marathon today. She should be finishing about now.

Doc, how often do you do dialysis? Hope your book is good!

wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Saturdiner [Re: looney4labs] #1032962
09/19/15 11:40 AM
09/19/15 11:40 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
What are you reading Karen?

Re: Saturdiner [Re: Space Quest Fan] #1033017
09/20/15 12:41 AM
09/20/15 12:41 AM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good night Boomers. sleep

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 431 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users