GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle #1032018
09/11/15 06:13 PM
09/11/15 06:13 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I've been trying without success to solve this mini-game. I finally looked up a WT. It gave the diagram shown below. I have never tried to post a pic before, and so I looked up how to do it. Tried to follow the instructions for sharing a pic. I did the first two steps in the 'Boomers instructions, the last two steps say:

c. Copy the direct link line from under your photo and click on the first (upper left) icon above the reply box.

d. Paste the link into the box and click OK. A new Box will come up. In that box you will type the description you want to appear on the board. Click OK.

I don't see any "new Box." So all I could figure is this only works when you already have a thread going? So I pasted the url for my pic into my Post.

http://s137.photobucket.com/user/SFBayGal/media/race%20track%201.jpg.html

Hopefully, this still will show the photo by clicking on the link? Best I could do. Sorry. blush

Problem with the solution shown in the photo is that it doesn't work. You can't get from Step 3 to Step 4 because there is a red car in the way. Is it me or is there a step missing?

Last edited by Marian; 09/11/15 06:35 PM. Reason: edited link
Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Reenie] #1032025
09/11/15 06:37 PM
09/11/15 06:37 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi Reenie, I edited your link (I needed to remove some stuff at the end). When I clicked on your link before the edit, I got an error message and the race track puzzle was not displayed on the page. It seems to be working now. smile

I'll take a look at this puzzle - hopefully some other members will too.

Oh, and after you paste your link into the box, a new box does indeed come up - where you can name your link anything you want - but it's easy to click on/out of it so quickly that you don't even see it. That happens to me sometimes - that's probably what happened to you, too. It works at any time, not just when you have a new thread/old thread going.

My son and I both looked at this puzzle (he's really good at puzzles) and his comment was that without trying to play the mini-game himself, he really couldn't say for sure whether there was a step missing or not. Sorry for the inconclusive answer on this one.

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Marian] #1032043
09/11/15 08:26 PM
09/11/15 08:26 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I'm so sorry, I should have explained the puzzle more! Duh! blush The goal is to move the string of red cars into the END (the lit up slot at the middle right). You can only move each colored group of cars as a full unit. They can be moved back and forth, but not around a "kink" in the path (they can't take an acute turn around a corner).

On my own, before ever looking up at WT, I reached the point shown in the Step 3 point many times, and was hung up. At Step 3, the red car string has advanced until it hit the blue cars. At this point, the green cars cannot move at all and the blue ones can only move by backing up into the area that leads to the lit up END. Of course, this would block the red cars from doing anything but return to where they started. Nothing the red cars would do would free the green string to move.

So how is it possible to move the string of green cars as shown in Step 4, when the red cars would have been in their way? Magic? lol

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Reenie] #1032113
09/12/15 03:33 PM
09/12/15 03:33 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
It sure seems like something is amiss, Reenie, but I would like to hear some other opinions.

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Marian] #1032198
09/13/15 05:32 PM
09/13/15 05:32 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Well, the point is moot now. I hit a frozen screen. My computer was totally nonresponsive. I could not get out of it without rebooting completely, by the old CTRL + ALT + DEL route. When I restarted, and went back and opened the game again, it was stuck on the same "dead" screen and I had to reboot my computer to get out of it again.

So I have contacted Big Fish. I've bought and played hundreds of their games, and even some of the older ones still will load for a replay. Don't know what happened with this one. I was enjoying it! Only twice have I had a game go totally unresponsive on me, but I am confident they will make it good. The customer service is nothing but great with those guys.

Maybe someone else will find a solution for that Race Track puzzle and post it anyway. Someone else is going to come up against it at some point. laugh

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Reenie] #1032199
09/13/15 05:41 PM
09/13/15 05:41 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Sorry to hear of your trouble with this game. Oddly, this is the only Big Fish game I wasn't able to finish due to a technical problem - I ended up with a frozen screen too, where one screen was superimposed over another, and I was never able to work around it. Customer Support will compensate you, I'm sure, one way or another.

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Marian] #1032206
09/13/15 07:15 PM
09/13/15 07:15 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

That was exactly what happened, Marian! So odd. One screen view in the center, and pieces of another on top and bottom. A new one on me. lol Also, the fact that rebooting didn't make it go away. Usually, that will solve 90% of such things.

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Reenie] #1033115
09/21/15 01:36 AM
09/21/15 01:36 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Well, BF got back to me with a coupon to get another game because "Somber Song" went belly up on me. It doesn't bother me that much; it wasn't that good of a game. All the Dark Dimensions games are too easy, and you know how all these games will end. ha ha

So, I bought "Witches Legacy: The Dark Throne," the CE version, because I had played "Lair of the Witch Queen" and thought it was good. Dark Throne was the best so far in the series, although the mini-games are still far too easy. The graphics are good, the game is pleasantly long, it has a substantial Bonus Game, and all the usual other stuff (Map Navigation, Morphing Objects, the Mini-games, other goodies). Of course, you can set your level of challenge, so I crank that way up, and this makes the game more interesting. I put it in my upper tier of casual games, and that is saying something, since, over the years, I have played more than 200 of them.

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Reenie] #1033198
09/21/15 06:28 PM
09/21/15 06:28 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Unlike some series, the Witches' Legacy games seem to have gotten better as they go along. Glad you're liking Dark Throne. wave

Re: Dark Dimensions - Somber Song "Race Track" Puzzle [Re: Marian] #1033199
09/21/15 06:45 PM
09/21/15 06:45 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I definitely will vote for it this year. I maintain a log of all the games I play, and rate them and keep some notes on what was good and bad. I don't play many casual games anymore, for a number of reasons, but partly because they came to seem to repetitive, unimaginative and just plain silly. But yes, some series did improve as they went along, and Witches Legacy was one of them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 235 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users