GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1055432
02/19/16 09:07 AM
02/19/16 09:07 AM
C
COWCAT Offline
Shy Boomer
COWCAT  Offline
Shy Boomer
C

Hey, everyone!

The development of Demetrios is in the last stages, so I expect to release the game in a few months. smile

Lake Kubilius, one of the few early testers of the game has finished Demetrios! He really enjoyed the game and wrote a quick review of it!

Quote:
Having recently finished an alpha build of the game, I can say with confidence that this is something new and wonderful!

Fans of point and click adventures will be delighted to see some fresh blood in the genre, with fantastically risky writing and art choices coming together for fun effect.

The game is driven by a ridiculous sense of humor that defies classification. Many of the best elements of the "Leisure Suit Larry" games are reborn here, excepting that most of the stuff that put off female gamers has been replaced with stuff that would feel more at home in "South Park."

Amusing mini-games are sprinkled throughout, including an optional hunt for cookies in every scene. Searching for cookies is especially fun, and finding them yields more jokes. The cookies also serve as the currency exchanged for game hints, which is a wickedly clever design choice. (If you carefully search every scene for cookies, you should need fewer hints. If you only need a few hints, and the game gives you those hints in exchange for cookies, no one gets mad and ruins the fun with a walkthrough. )

The story is fun, but almost incidental. The real treat is wandering around as these ridiculous characters, doing ridiculous things.

This game was a good time.

The part about it being "something new" really pleases me, because that was my intention - offering the adventure gamers something different, a game like no other that you'll definitely want to try smile

I've posted an update on Kickstarter with more information on what has been done and what's left, check it here!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios/posts/1495679

Among many other things, I've added cutscenes, achievements, cookies and extras smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1055448
02/19/16 10:49 AM
02/19/16 10:49 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
THanks, Cowcat! Looking good!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1059541
03/17/16 03:04 PM
03/17/16 03:04 PM
C
COWCAT Offline
Shy Boomer
COWCAT  Offline
Shy Boomer
C

Finally, Demetrios has cover art! Check out this Kickstarter update for the picture!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983902887/demetrios/posts/1521827

I wanted something pretty that would convey the tone of the game. What do you think?

So, the release of the game is getting closer.

I'm planning to release Demetrios at the end of May! I'll give a precise release date soon smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1059543
03/17/16 04:19 PM
03/17/16 04:19 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I like it!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1061601
04/03/16 05:06 AM
04/03/16 05:06 AM
C
COWCAT Offline
Shy Boomer
COWCAT  Offline
Shy Boomer
C

Do you sometimes do previews of upcoming adventure games?
If yes, I could send a preview version to your staff smile

I'm preparing the Steam page, once I have a trailer available I'll put it online smile

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1061613
04/03/16 09:12 AM
04/03/16 09:12 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Cowcat, I am the PR person for GameBoomers. Please email it to me. We do First Looks. If you have a DRM free version that would be awesome, otherwise a STeam Key will do.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1063565
04/19/16 04:45 AM
04/19/16 04:45 AM
C
COWCAT Offline
Shy Boomer
COWCAT  Offline
Shy Boomer
C

Thanks for the preview smile

The game will release on May 31th, and the Steam page is up!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/451570

Any chance you might announce the release date on the site (it's still listed as just "2016" in the upcoming releases page), and post the trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B54EFBAa1T4

A complete press kit is here : http://www.demetriosgame.com/en/presskit/

Re: Cynical Point & Click Game "Demetrios" debuts on Kickstarter & Steam Greenlight with First Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1063598
04/19/16 09:58 AM
04/19/16 09:58 AM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Cowcat, if you send me the updates via the email you sent me the preview, I will be happy to post your news. AS I stated earlier, I am the PR liaison for GameBoomers. When you post it yourself, it's already done and my posting is redundant. I'm trying to help! lol

I started a new thread here.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (LadyKestrel), 179 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users