GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? #1042143
11/21/15 08:39 PM
11/21/15 08:39 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Has anyone played this game and can help me with the Endgame? At least, I think I am at the end. The two protagonists' ghosts are dueling, and you are supposed to play a sort of Match 3 game to have the good guy score points. I don't play Match 3 games, so have no idea what the strategy is nor how to score points for my guy. I don't want to buy the Strategy Guide since I'm at the end, but can't find anything on the Big Fish forum that discusses this puzzle. I could just bail, since it is the end, but am kind of curious.

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Reenie] #1042145
11/21/15 08:58 PM
11/21/15 08:58 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi Reenie, I'm assuming you mean Betrayal in Romania? I haven't seen this particular puzzle, but the basic idea of match 3 games is to make matches of 3 of the same item and color. If you are in a match 3 "battle" of sorts, where there is an opponent involved, there could be several different approaches. Sometimes there could be "power-ups" where, for example, matching 3 green balls (representing healing, for example) would help you to heal up if you had taken damage from your opponent's three red balls (representing an attack, for example). But this is all purely hypothetical. And at other times the idea could be to make matches of 3 until you bring an item downward until it falls off the board and you can collect it.

Without actually having seen this puzzle, though, I don't know what the specifics are, unfortunately.

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Marian] #1042150
11/21/15 09:48 PM
11/21/15 09:48 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Oops, yes, I meant Romania. Anyway, this end puzzle is more of a boss battle. If I don't match enough of the correct pieces, my guy is deemed to have not landed his sword hits, and he dies. I don't think I have to make the items hit the bottom to "collect" them, just somehow line up FIVE of them in a row. There don't even seem to be five of some of them, much less being able to get them all into a row. ha ha ha It seems pretty darned hard at first glance (I've played through and died twice now, and can't even find out how I have done). Well, it isn't really essential to the game, anyway, to finish it. I have no doubt that the end is simply a cinematic showing the injured parties reunited in their ghostly forms, walking off into the rose-colored twilight. LOL

BTW, this was an excellent and quite long game. Def worth the price, and not even a CE. I played it over several days! Admittedly, there are a few puzzles (I guess you'd call them mini-games) that had a very obscure playing premise to them, requiring me to make use of a hint more than once just to understand what what supposed to happen. In the case of two of them, the strategy and solution never made any sense at all even after being solved. But as a whole, the game is well drawn, complex, with many venues, all kinds of characters, wacky inventory management and the like. And I enjoyed having a helpful companion (dog) along, when I needed his digging prowess. I probably won't replay this game, but it was the best of the Dana Knightstones that I have played (fourth one for me).

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Reenie] #1042153
11/21/15 10:11 PM
11/21/15 10:11 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Really good info, Reenie - thanks! I actually got this game when it first came out, for a sale price, and haven't played it yet. Now I am really looking forward to it. I have always enjoyed the Dana Knightstone games. wave

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Marian] #1042155
11/21/15 11:34 PM
11/21/15 11:34 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

You're welcome. I always wish more players would come back and tell us what they thought of a casual game, in particular, but it doesn't often happen. So I decided to be encouraging by example. smile

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Reenie] #1042158
11/21/15 11:52 PM
11/21/15 11:52 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: Reenie
So I decided to be encouraging by example. smile

Much appreciated! In fact, I have been meaning to tell you that I recently played Dark Parables: Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide, based on your recommendation. It was very enjoyable, so thank you. wave

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Marian] #1042204
11/22/15 10:53 AM
11/22/15 10:53 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I'm playing that particular Dark Parables game at the moment and am enjoying it thumbsup

So a "thank you" from me, also, Reenie, because I, too, bought it following your recommendation grin

And I must add that Betrayal in Bohemia is sitting in my "to play" stack. I really like the Dana Knightstone games thumbsup

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Reenie] #1042247
11/22/15 04:34 PM
11/22/15 04:34 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Just looked up a WT, and sure enough, I am at the very end of the game. There is only one more action to perform and one final cut scene. So, if you can't get through this boss fight, you are not missing anything by bailing on the game.

Re: Betrayal in Bohemia (Dana Knightstone) - help w/end? [Re: Reenie] #1042249
11/22/15 05:19 PM
11/22/15 05:19 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
You could always watch the end game on YouTube here. Try watching from about 12:15 on.

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday - it just occurred to me. smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 217 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users