It’s the holiday season and Prologue Games, developer of the swamp noir stage play-meets-computer game Knee Deep, wants to reward your creativity with the gift of adventure!
They’ve teamed with Gameboomers.com to offer this opportunity. It all starts with this line of dialogue from Remy Dixon, the stoner clerk who talks about himself in third person and spouts trivia without provocation:
“Remy bet you didn’t know Zuzu in ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’ got her name from a brand of ginger snaps.”
Your mission: Write character-appropriate dialogue responses for Knee Deep’s investigative team of Romana Teague, K.C. Gaddis, and Jack Bellet. For Romana, that means something off-the-wall and strange. For Gaddis, a hard-boiled, world-weary response. For Bellet, a line that captures his innate grumpiness and belligerence.
Need an example of how it might work? Here are a few exchanges in the mode we’re looking for:
REMY DIXON: “Remy bet you didn’t know Iran produces 90 percent of the world’s saffron.” ROMANA TEAGUE: “The other 10 percent comes from Cleveland?”
REMY DIXON: “Remy bet you didn't know Genghis Khan kept a burger patty under his saddle all day.” K.C. GADDIS: “Remy, you high on your own supply again?”
REMY DIXON: “Remy bet you didn’t know Ted Bundy helped cops catch the Green River Killer.” JACK BELLET: “I don’t give a *bleep* about dead serial killers.”
Submit your three lines via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 10. Prologue Games devs will pick two winners to receive Steam codes for Knee Deep. The first two acts of Knee Deep are already available on Steam at store.steampowered.com/app/371300/ - while the third and final act is due for release in Spring 2016.