GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
I've been thinking .... #1042594
11/25/15 08:52 AM
11/25/15 08:52 AM
NV, US
Cocoa Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Cocoa  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

NV, US
I wonder if this is the right forum to post this as it is not just about "adventure" games but all games in general.

As originally an adventure gamer I had always played my games on my PC. As time went on and the gaming industry became quite large and advanced technically I (as probably a "few" of you) wandered over to the darkside and started to play all kinds of games and bought some consoles.

Of course there were the never ending upgrades to our beloved pcs till we finally had to actually cave and buy the newest hot one out there. But that was kept under control with the ability to upgrade and still be able to play our cherished games, sometimes with just a little tweaking and now with the new download sites optimizing a lot of games to play on newer systems.

That being said then came the gaming system "Wars". Adventure gaming was dying. PC gaming was going to be a thing of the past in general with the consoles taking the lead. Well to my mind it looked as if this were coming true over the past five years. Even the mmos and multiplayer domination by PC was loosing ground.

Now here we are at the end of 2015 and I think the console companies have been too full of themselves aka Microsoft, Sony to name the big ones more specifically. They think they have won but I say they are making the biggest mistake in their corporate lives. The last two systems they have released allow for no backwards compatibility. And it goes back in further generations. BIG MISTAKE! Do they really expect people to continually buy their consoles with limited games that will work on them. Line up each generation out on the floor and swap them out constantly just so you can play an "older, last years" game you love. The smaller systems by popularity are following suit and I say LOL give us the reigns back!

I can pull out a game or download a game from many years back and my "old faithful" PC is ready to entertain me. Any new game coming out I can pop it in and play. I wonder how such a mistake could be allowed in a billion dollar company or if it just isn't feasible to the corporate dollar. They have online stores where they have optimized some games but not anything like what can be done on the PC. All the newer games coming out are limited to just the new generation consoles which is in my mind foolish, stupid actually. No one wants to be forced to make an expensive purchase just to play a certain game when your PC will run it just fine.

Connect a game pad to your PC and who needs a console? Especially with the graphic capabilities of a PC and the better on line servers. That's what they were trying to take away and control in the future and they, in my opinion, are going to fail giving the PC companies just what they needed.

Ok well I hope this was a good, if terribly long, read and whether anyone else has been thinking about any of this. It was just something on my mind over the past few years as PS and Xbox started to do this and when I saw they were dead set to continue with their newest consoles, well it became an easy insight on my part. think

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. turkey

Last edited by Cocoa; 11/25/15 08:57 AM.
Re: I've been thinking .... [Re: Cocoa] #1042613
11/25/15 11:59 AM
11/25/15 11:59 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
There will always be a market for the newest console regardless of backwards compatibility. They cater to the crowd with disposable income. Plus consoles make more sense to multiplayer games because you can get together with your friends and transport the console easily to play. You don't see anyone bringing their PC to your house. laugh Plus, a console needs no tweaking. THere are advantages to all systems. None of it will disappear. I don't pay attention to any articles that suggest it will.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: I've been thinking .... [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1042647
11/25/15 03:22 PM
11/25/15 03:22 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
"There are advantages to all systems. None of it will disappear. I don't pay attention to any articles that suggest it will."

Me, neither, BrownEyedTigre !! whistle

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: I've been thinking .... [Re: Cocoa] #1042663
11/25/15 04:39 PM
11/25/15 04:39 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
I think there will always be a market for the next new thing and I still remember being bummed when they were changing from 5.25 to 3.5: discs. lol

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: I've been thinking .... [Re: Cocoa] #1042714
11/26/15 06:10 AM
11/26/15 06:10 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
I understand where you are coming from cocoa. I still own my very first computer - IBM PC Junior! lol

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 338 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users