GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Hitchcock dead ends #104439
07/10/02 02:56 PM
07/10/02 02:56 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
This topic seems to have scrolled off the board, so I'm quoting the relevang part of what Laura (gatorlaw) originally posted on Dec 16, 2001.

Quote:

Originally posted by gatorlaw on Dec. 16, 2001 01:47 PM

I really really am enjoying this game for it's detailed plot structure and all.
That being said - there are at least three game stopping dead ends that I have run into so far. I am not at the very end yet - so if I run across another - I'll edit this post.

I am going to just highlight the path choice that you must make at these two intervals to avoid a game stopping stuckness.

*SPOILER BELOW*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The first occurs when you enter the church for the first time after a shadowy figure runs in.......

You will find yourself in a room with a slot type machine. You must keep playing til you collect 3 THREE objects. If you leave and continue the game without all three - then from what I can see thorugh several replays - you cannot get them to come up.

The second and this is a real problem. If you do not go to the right place first - you cannot get the action option and the game will not progress to chapter 5. Game Over period.

After a scene with Jack in level 4 you will acquire a library key. You also learn of something possibly hidden at the pool. You MUST have the pool sequence for the game to continue. If you go to the library first - (seems logical as you are already in the house) You will perminantly lose the action option at the pool. You must go to the pool BEFORE you access the library.

These are the only things I have run across so far. I am currently at the beginning of chapter 5. If anyone else has any further clear cut incidents where you MUST do one thing before the other or lose essential game paths - then please update this list.

OK found one last thing. Towards the end you have to hook up with Jack at the ole graveyard. Get ready for some strain here. Yoiu also now have all the cards necessary to enter all the doors at the motel complex that were inaccessable. Do that first. ALso while overexerting at the graveyard DO NOT stray from the path where you are moving into the rest of the graveyard. If you do that and the perspective changes - you will not be able to get the view back to where you were lugging things.

Thanks
Laura

Edit because I solved the problem with the safe.

I still don't understand why I was never able to get into the apartment that Tally Ho's walkthrough calls the "Production Designer's Room." It's the one on the 3rd floor of the apartment building - the one that ISN'T facing the down staircase. It's opposite the door to the "Special Effects" guy's apartment. The magnetic cards I had in my inventory at that time were

Cut card
Shadow card
Psycho card
Psycho 2 card
Torn Curtain card
Torn Curtain 2 card
Topaz card
Topaz 2 card
Saboteur card

Am I missing the card that is supposed to let me into the "Production Designer's Room?" Anyone remember which card that was? Was there a Saboteur 2 card?

As far as I know, the only card I might be missing at this point in the game is the one on the corpse of the guy that tried to shoot me and got pushed from the roof. Tally Ho's walkthrough said I couldn't get the card at that time. Was I supposed to get it later? Did I miss it somehow?

Re: Hitchcock dead ends #104440
07/10/02 10:12 PM
07/10/02 10:12 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Was the "Production Designer's Room" unavailable to be searched in the North American version of the game?

Re: Hitchcock dead ends #104441
07/11/02 11:00 AM
07/11/02 11:00 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I'll take a look at the Gamesover walkthrough to see if it has anything Tally Ho's WT missed (or which I missed in Tally Ho's).

The really bad "arcade part" with the ladder that took place just before before Chapter 2 was removed in the North American version of the game. It's sort of confusing later on when your character mentions somebody just tried to kill him on the roof when in your game he couldn't even get up the ladder.

Re: Hitchcock dead ends #104442
07/12/02 12:19 AM
07/12/02 12:19 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline OP
Jenny100  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
In case anyone is interested, it was the Saboteur 2 card that I was missing. It was in a box with 2 letters in it. I read the letters, but missed picking up the card.

I'd advise turning audio acceleration way down. They tell you to do this in the game's Readme. They have some other troubleshooting tips in the Readme too.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users