GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#104719 - 09/06/04 09:28 PM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
There's a lot to explore there and to orient yourself in. I've been playing it for several hours, and I'm just starting to figure out where everything is!

BTW -- OLAD spoiler:

@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
On Level Three, when you did the pyramid puzzle, did you find that the answer was (Left to Right)
Green, Blue, Red? Both my games had that solution. I'm wondering is this is one of the things that does NOT randomly generate.
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

#104720 - 09/06/04 09:44 PM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Annie Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Tacoma, Washington
Oh, sorry, but it is random. I got blue red green on my first game and green red blue on the second. woozy

As for Alida, I'm enjoying it, I just can't "do" it. If it were real life, I'd just have to move into one of the cabins and wait for someone to rescue me.

#104721 - 09/07/04 07:33 AM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Annie -- if you can do OLAD without a walkthrough, surely you can do anything!

Too bad the orbs are random there. Noted for the record.

#104722 - 09/07/04 03:43 PM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Rckasea Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Colden,N.Y.
Afternoon Becky and Annie,
Level three Notes:
I did manage to stop the countdown clock. I was very careful with the locks. The orbs on the pyramid are most random. I wonder if the colors to redeem apparitions are also random as some changed. I do not think this game is a stinker.
I do not how it could be completed, without a map, manual and lots of notes.
Best of luck with Alida. I hope to pick it up soon and play. smile

#104723 - 09/07/04 06:51 PM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks Rick! I'll add in your notes to the manifesto. I printed it up again this morning and it is currently 12 pages long. I think I may have gone overboard in the loquaciousness department and am currently editing it down some.

Then again, I became inspired last night to think about ADDING some of my own thoughts to the Game Philosophy section started by Annie. So it may end up even longer. I hope to send it to you for comments via email in a day or so.

Rick -- when you say you stopped the countdown clock, did the clock actually stop color flashing? I remember you mentioning something about it earlier. How did you get it to do that?

Just to double-check something: Rick did you find that:

Spoilers
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
Radiation was blue
Famine was red
Poisoned air was yellow
Earth Shifts was green
Flood was black/white
War was light blue
Plague was purple?

@
@
@
@
@
@
Thanks!

#104726 - 09/08/04 04:53 PM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Rckasea Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Colden,N.Y.
Evening Becky and Annie, smile
I wrote long notes for levels one and two. Since I posted a bunch on level three there was not much more to add, that you two had not covered.
I would say that I played the second half of this game much more reactive, rather than proactive, as you have done. I did not push the star clock very much. I stocked Orbs and waited at the rooms, or near them, where the artifact I wanted was. Then when the countdown started. I would go in and white light, pick up the artifact, go to the correct sin room, redeem them and set this up again and again. I filled up both rows with orbs and portals, that while waiting the flash/countdown did not happen. It really did not help, after twenty minutes, I had to white light and go to out to the clock an put my cursor grabbing hand on the one star that was working and then go back and sit and wait a few moments, flash, countdown and do as I have done just a few times before. smile
I guess, I would say that we played this wild game in our own way. That is a good thing !!
If anyone has this OLAD sitting on a self and thinks that they can't do it........
We three say, " It Can be Done." bravo

#104754 - 09/13/04 04:26 PM Re: Playing Of Light and Darkness
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Well, the OLAD Game Guide/Walkthrough is now posted! MaG has stickied it at the top of the page, but you can also link to it here .

It looks good, doesn't it? MaG did a great job with it!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (fildil, Rowan, mj2c, Marian, Cathy1, rockingrjranch, Sassy, dorish, CanukDenis, 3dobermans), 95 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
GreenBoat, Spidermna133, kamoj, RebKean, gerald
8493 Registered Users