GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#1095054 - 01/03/17 03:08 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
That's a nice tribute wave12

#1097273 - 01/18/17 03:16 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
Been changes to how new characters work so I created a new one try it out.

Then:
Originally when you created your character you chose your main class: jedi knight, jedi consular, trooper. smuggler, sith warriir, sith inquisitor, bounty hunter, imperial agent and then when you reached level 10 and arrived at the Fleet you got a quest to choose your advanced class. At which point you got your secondary weapon and possibly a new main weapon.

Now:
During character creation you choose your advanced class: jedi knight: guardian (tank/dps) or sentinal (dps), jedi consular: sage (healder/dps) or shadow (tank/dps), smuggler: gunslinger (dps) or scoundrel (healder/dps), trooper: commando (healer/dps) or vanguard (tank/dps); sith warrior: marauder (dps) or juggernaut (tank/dps), sith inquistor: sorcerer (healer/dps) or assassin (tank/dps), bounty hunter: powertech (tank/dps) or mercenary (healer/dps), imperial agent: operative (healer/dps) or sniper (dps)

I created a sith assassin, upon completing the sith inquistor storyline on Korriban he got a double bladed light saber. That quest used to give a single bladed lightsaber which you would never actually use if you went to fleet and chose assassin because you'd be given the double bladed lightsaber you need for that advanced class so you get the proper weapon before you leave for the fleet now. On the negative side even though I picked tank option no quest on the first two planets gave shield generator they gave power generators which is for dps. I had another character with money buy a shield generator and put it in legacy storage for new assassin to pick up. Wasn't until third planet that shield generators started being offered as rewards.

Some skills are now available sooner than they used to be. New skills for the different advanced classes are mostly cosmetic. For example operatives now throw daggers to hit multiple targets instead of spraying them with blaster bolts like snipers. The effect on targets is the same for both versions of imperial agent.
Darkside: The Witcher

#1097283 - 01/18/17 04:21 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Thanks, Guybrush wave

#1098274 - 01/25/17 03:57 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

Note 1: when creating a new character the game defaults to setting Republic characters to lightside and Empire to darkside. So if you want a darkside Republic character or Lightside Empire character you have to toggle your side BEFORE you enter combat or complete any quests. The toggles are nearly invisible. Just move cursor on the compass until you see lightside or darkside choice appear than click.

Note 2: new characters may not have their Legacy skills. Log out and back in, they'll show up.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (01/25/17 04:17 PM)

#1098279 - 01/25/17 05:03 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

That's very good to know. Thanks, Guybrush!

#1098374 - 01/26/17 10:40 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

I just discovered an exploit, something that could be used to get unlimited free in game money. I reported it. Using this sort of thing is against the rules and if you get caught they can ban you. So I'm not saying what it is. But if you play the game and find something that seems too good to be true its probably a bug and you should do the right thing, report it.

#1098416 - 01/26/17 08:32 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

That tends to be true in life, too, Guybrush wave

#1098488 - 01/27/17 04:15 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

Quote:

Thank you everyone for tuning in! If you missed it, here is what we discussed.

On Tuesday we released Game Update 5.1 - Defend the Throne

Master Mode Chapters
5 new Uprisings
Galactic Command Gearing Changes -- We know that the changes in 5.1 are just the start. We are looking into simplifying, making faster, and making more alt friendly the gearing in GC. We are also looking into making getting through Command Ranks faster.

Coming in April, Game Update 5.2 which will include

Brand new story arc on Iokath. The Empire and Republic are fighting over control of the planet and you, as the Alliance Commander will choose who to side with.
Two returning Companions: Quinn and Elara.
After completing Iokath's storyline, it opens up into a new daily area.
Coming with Iokath is the first boss of a new Operation. Each subsequent boss will be released in the future with the entire Op being completely released this year.
We are planning to have a PTS for 5.2 in the next few weeks. More details to follow.

-eric

Apparently this new chapter will force choosing to side with Republic or Empire and that will decide which companion you get. Side with Republic, get Elara (former Jedi Knight companion), side with Empire get Quinn (former Sith Warrior companion).

#1098497 - 01/27/17 05:50 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Good reason to play both sides wave

#1098827 - 01/30/17 03:33 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

If you look under acheivments you find categories you've completed are shown as gold. I just realized all my companions that have not yet returned in Knights, that had been gold (for 100 and 1000 kills) are now green again. This must mean they're all coming back eventually. Because they only do that to returning companions. You get gold status again with most of them when 1 character accepts them and 1 other rejects them. I expected to see Kira and Quinn go green since they're return has already been announced but not all the others.

#1098976 - 01/31/17 06:34 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

Another change for new characters. It used to be when reaching level 10 you would get Emergency Fleet Pass which would automatically be added to your skill bars. Now it doesn't. You have to look press P then look in General skills to find it and if you want it on a your bar manually add it.

Also Raguhoul Plague is on Alderaan again.

#1099455 - 02/04/17 08:20 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

Quote:
JUMP INTO YOUR FAVORITE IN-GAME EVENTS ALL THROUGH FEBRUARY!

250% Bonus XP Event: February 7 - April 10
250% Bonus Command XP Event: February 7 - April 10
Bounty Contract Week: February 14 - 21
Relics of the Gree Event: February 28 – March 7

#1100670 - 02/13/17 07:25 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

When you reach level 60 heroics stop giving armor pieces and start giving items you can trade to KOTFE base npcs to increase their sanctification. Even if you reach level 60 still doing class storyline. When you reach level 70 (current max) even if your still in class story, you start getting command points. One one my characters got to Command Level 4 while still in class story chapter. Items from the chests are now mostly legacy bound instead of character, so you can put in storage for another character to use. Some items still bound to the character that earned them, armor or weapons usable by the character for example. Modifiable armor or weapons with no stats until modified are legacy. But those are worth 100 command if you destroy them instead, so I do.

#1100713 - 02/13/17 12:01 PM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

I love games that let you share items. Not fun to have to do the same line over and over when you are an alt-aholic.

#1108299 - 04/24/17 08:35 AM Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - The Topic Awakens [Re: Trail_Mystic]
Addicted Boomer

I've canceled my subscription. Haven't been playing. I also canceled my Bigh Fish membership.

Page 17 of 18 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 >

Moderator:  looney4labs, Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
3 registered (3dobermans, jboliver, bermag45), 108 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Zorkmid57, StuDapples, SweetLulu, Lion_1251, phimestudio
8978 Registered Users