GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
URU-POTS #105037
09/18/04 03:37 PM
09/18/04 03:37 PM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
I am in the room at the back of the tunnel harbor behind the big fake stone islands in the sea around Ahnonay. I lift the lever in the port to the left of the big circular door, link to Relto, link back to Ahnonay using the marker, where I am supposed to be in a similar place, Control Center 4, but I am back in the harbor that I have just left.

Under the theory that power is need for this lever I have gone back to inside the tower 3 times and lifted the lever on the left back wall once each time, but that has not allowed me to proceed to Contol Center 4. I am hoping someone can tell me what I have neglected to do.

While on the subject of POTS, here is another mystery to me: upstairs in the Restoration Guild in the room with the large spherical stone there is supposed to be a button that turns on a light to shine on a plate; I cannot find this button. Where might it be?

Soren A

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105038
09/18/04 03:52 PM
09/18/04 03:52 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Soren, I suspect that you are missing several steps in a very complicated process--you don't just link back and forth by Relto/markers. You also have to use the linking book that is at one end of the island.

This process is too complicated to outline here, I suggest that you consult the walkthrough here...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: URU-POTS #105039
09/19/04 10:34 AM
09/19/04 10:34 AM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
Jenny, I have that WT. This sure is a confusing section with all that linking back and forth, and a pain because it takes so long for most of the linking. The WT says not to use the switch on the front of the tower next to the door, and to use the switch on the back wall only once. Finally ignoring these instructions plus some more linking I have made it past the big round door in the back room of the companion tunnel/harbor. I made a 38 step list.

How about my query concerning the button in the upstairs room in the Restoration Guild?

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105040
09/19/04 10:55 AM
09/19/04 10:55 AM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Soren, hope you don't mind me jumping in. The switch is in the left corner as you face the sphere. I just kind of poked around until my cursor changed. luck
Viz

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my
pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
Re: URU-POTS #105042
09/19/04 07:51 PM
09/19/04 07:51 PM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
Tnx, Viz. After I finally put the Avatar in the corner the cursor change appeared.

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105045
09/20/04 03:30 PM
09/20/04 03:30 PM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
I am about to give up on this game--but I have posted that before a couple times.

Right now I am in Ahnonay 4 and I can't get out. I can move all over the Age, but going to Relto and linking via the picture gets me to the vast room with the large unfinished Kadish statue, still within the Age, which also happens if I go to the Ahnonay Cathedral and link from there. Of course liking via the shell cloth bring me to the last cloth touched, which is in the Age. I am supposed to go to Water Ahnonay, but how?

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105046
09/20/04 04:43 PM
09/20/04 04:43 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Soren, exactly the same thing happened to me--you have no idea how many times I linked back and forth before I finally figured it out.

When you are in the room with the Kadish statue, go clear to the other end of the walkway (carefully, there are some spots where you can fall off) and there is a linking book there you can use to move on... luck

Re: URU-POTS #105047
09/20/04 10:10 PM
09/20/04 10:10 PM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
Jenny, what would we do without you helpful folks at GB! After your post I spied a pedestal in the distance and finally got there, and am on my way again. Be nice if WTs pointed this out. Tnx.

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105048
09/20/04 10:49 PM
09/20/04 10:49 PM
Aussiemystic Offline
Settled Boomer
Aussiemystic  Offline
Settled Boomer

The thing to remember about Ahnonay is that in all four versions, the "land" takes roughly the same shape and the link-in and link-out points are in the same topographic location. The platform in "statute Ahnonay" is in the same shape as the 'island' in the other version and the linkout pedestal is in the same place.

Re: URU-POTS #105049
09/24/04 09:31 AM
09/24/04 09:31 AM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
Near the end of Ahnonay you link to the bottom one of a pair of vertically stacked caves, and ner the end of Er'cana you link to the top one. There is a hole between them. At that point the WT writes about stuff that appears in the bottom cave, but I can't figure out how to be able to look thru the hole into the bottom cave to fully see what it is. Can this be done?

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105050
09/24/04 11:44 AM
09/24/04 11:44 AM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Soren, you don't look into the lower cave, you can actually go there, with a little running around.

First link to Relto and from there link to Ahnonay by using the shell marker. This should put you in Kadish's Room, from there, link to the lower Bahro Cavern.... wave

Re: URU-POTS #105051
09/25/04 03:16 PM
09/25/04 03:16 PM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
With all the foregoing help I am slowly getting thru this game. Viz told me where to find the light switch in the upstairs room of the Restoration Guild, but I did not pursue it far enuf. There is supposed to be a plate on the floor in which there is a shell symbol--The area below the light is very slightly lighter than the rest of the floor, so this might be the plate; however, it is far too dark to see if there is a shell symbol on it. I cannot fid a shell symbol anywhere on the floor.

If I have the avitar stand below the light for on the order of 10 minutes (625/60?) there is a semiloud noise and the light goes out. Assuming this agrees with the WT I am supposed to find a ladder on the wall, somewhere near the round stone that can be rolled away. I am not able to find a ladder anywhere. Can anyone continue assisting me?

Soren A

Re: URU-POTS #105052
09/25/04 04:59 PM
09/25/04 04:59 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Soren, the ladder is on the wall next to the huge boulder (on the right, I think, but I would put money on that laugh ).

If you are not seeing it, you're probably not waiting long enough. The big thing that has come out of everyone's experience is that you cannot do anything during this period--don't even touch the mouse! Some people recommend going away from the computer for about twenty minutes so you won't be tempted to act too soon... luck

Re: URU-POTS #105053
09/26/04 12:54 PM
09/26/04 12:54 PM
Chevy Chase, MD USA
S
Soren A Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Soren A  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
S

Chevy Chase, MD USA
Jenny, that did it. I turned on the light, then left to read the newspaper. Came back a half hour later and the ladder was on the wall to the right of the stone sphere. Stikes me as an odd way to construct a game.

So I have finally finished URU. For whatever my opinion might be worth, did not find it a particularly satisfying game. For one thing, I don't think it is much like the Myst games, which are top shelf. A lot of time was spent in finding Relto pages, which are merely cosmetic. Technically the long interval times occupied in linking is a pain since there is so much of it.

I did not find a real conclusion and sense of accomplishment. I am probably missing something.

Soren A

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (soot), 259 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users