GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
overseer - domino puzzle #105386
07/15/02 02:13 PM
07/15/02 02:13 PM
San Francisco
fov Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
fov  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco
i am going to try to play this game without cheating too much... just looking for a nudge in the right direction!

i am in the warehouse in day 1. i understand that i need to solve the domino puzzle to get the combo for the safe. i have NO IDEA what this domino puzzle is about. i understand that dominoes has something to do with matching the numbers on one tile with the numbers on the other -- and that the puzzle solution is supposed to have something to do with the number 21? but no clue what else to do.

also, i'm having an issue with inventory items "disappearing" after i look at them. seems not to be interfering with gameplay but i'm wondering if this is expected (i.e., i won't need those items again) or if it's a bug. i've never played a tex game before and am still getting the hang of the interface.

thanks!

laugh emily

Re: overseer - domino puzzle #105387
07/15/02 02:18 PM
07/15/02 02:18 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Emily, did you read the blackjack card on the table beside the dominoes?

As for disappearing inventory items, I don't know about this game specifically, but in many of them an item that is no longer needed vanishes from your inventory. Keeps the clutter to a minimum....

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: overseer - domino puzzle #105388
07/15/02 05:11 PM
07/15/02 05:11 PM
San Francisco
fov Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
fov  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

San Francisco
the first time, i picked up the blackjack card and tried to read it -- and it disappeared from my inventory.

i went back to a saved game, looked at the blackjack card before picking it up, and was told something about the number 21 (but i don't remember exactly what that was). then when i tried to look at it more closely in inventory, it disappeared (again).

needless to say, i have been a little frustrated with the disappearance of inventory items. some of these have been faxes; others have been things that seemed more important (like the drug case on the kitchen counter, or the murdered guy's address book.)

so, if there's some significance about the blackjack card that i missed that's keeping me from solving the puzzle... could someone enlighten me as to what that was?

laugh emily

ps sometimes these things disappear after i've read them; other times (like with the blackjack card) they disappear as soon as i click them on the magnifying glass -- so i don't even get the opportunity to examine them up close. that's what seems so odd to me.

Re: overseer - domino puzzle #105389
07/15/02 06:04 PM
07/15/02 06:04 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Emily, the idea is to get it to add up to 21 every way; up, down, across, diagonally. One possible solution: SPOILER
Top row should be: 4, 11, 6; middle row: 9, 7, 5;
bottom row: 8, 3, 10. Then make note of the sequence: 4, 9, 8.

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (hagatha, bermag45), 339 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users