GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
URU-D'ni (my) journal #105605
10/01/04 03:42 PM
10/01/04 03:42 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I have and played thru URU, BAAGed a new copy of D'ni and POTS X Pack - and got very confused trying to collect 'markers (15 or 20 or more) so went to the URU site (found the link by doing a search on GB for 'markers') and found an official walkthru/hints/guide, printed it out and am replaying (from where I was totally woozy and confused ~ my sense of direction is lousy and I could not find the Library building, used that map on the easel by the 'contractors' table in the square/courtyard but not figuring it out, I make a lousy navigator, too) it step by step to be sure I have all the markers and have found all the places they are. In doing all this, and 'seeing' things I missed the first 50 times I passed into out of and through each area I discovered in Relto on the bookshelf right of the wardrobe = I HAVE MY VERY OWN JOURNAL! It must be mine, as it has my (character) name on it! But there is nothing in it.....any ideas how this gets 'written' into? Did anyone else make this wonderful discovery? How does THIS work?
Love, Betty Lou
P.S. Went back to the trailer in the rain cleft and picked up Zandi's shirt, had no idea I was supposed to do this earlier, or that I even could. After all this time, I am still learning how to get around in this game and how to use stuff - thought that thing on my wrist (KI?) was a wristwatch of some sort, still do not know just how to use it when I click on it to raise it on my screen to the top of the scene. And just what does K I stand for? or does it not stand for anything? laugh

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105607
10/01/04 08:02 PM
10/01/04 08:02 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Betty Lou, the KI that you are wearing will open doors and then will be used to find locators throughout the areas. Locators is probably the wrong word, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly you need. It sounds like you found all of your markers if you found 15, did you then put your KI back into the little machine to download the info?
Even better, can you tell me where you are in the game? It might make it easier to help you move on. Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105608
10/01/04 08:59 PM
10/01/04 08:59 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, in addition to what Sue has said about the KI, when the on-line game was available, you could use the KI to chat with other people. Also you can use it to take pictures, which I think can be shown on the imager that you get for your Relto somewhere along the line (I'm not sure exactly where I picked it up).

No sure what KI means, but it's undoubtedly a D'ni word...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105609
10/01/04 09:38 PM
10/01/04 09:38 PM
Tacoma, Washington
Annie Offline
Settled Boomer
Annie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Tacoma, Washington
Hi, Betty Lou: You can write whatever you like in your journal, it's yours! Just put the cursor on the page and type. bravo

Oh, and yes, you take pictures with your Ki that will appear on your imager. You can also use them for wallpaper on your desktop. I really like this, showing off my conquering moments.

Annie
Farewell, Achenar!
"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written."
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105610
10/02/04 01:38 AM
10/02/04 01:38 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Hmmmm, I assumed that KI was a device created by DRC (the restoration team) and not the D'ni, so I thought it was an acronym for something, maybe not. I have completed the first 5 (green) 'markers', the next 5 (red) markers and have opened the glass doors in Reseeza (Calibration Chamber/Room) and have succeeded in finding the first of the next set of markers (3?) and have it entered into the machine but have checked for the coords for the second one and its supposed to be on the 'balcony over the canyon' in the brown book on the shelf in Relto, I link there and I cannot find any marker to 'touch', any suggestions what I do now? Going around in circles.........getting nowhere. (I notice that when I enter my KI in the second machine, the numbers are there but the blue button is not flashing, does nothing when I click on it stays unlit, what does it mean?)
Thanks for any and all help. Take pictures? How do I do that? And earlier in the game when I was looking for the second set (15) markers there was an image in the lower right hand corner of my screen that flashed when I approached the area where one was, there was no sound beeping but that could be because I am losing my sound every now and then, quitting the game and starting it up again seems to cure it for a while. Anyway, now when I am near a marker there is no flashing image and the KI is not flashing either - another 'glitch'?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105611
10/02/04 07:44 AM
10/02/04 07:44 AM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Betty Lou, when looking for the last 5 markers, keep the Ki on the screen. Watch the co-ordinates, this should help you find the last 5 markers. I also had a problem with not being able to hear the "beeping" sound. Check to make sure you haven't pushed the button on the Ki to turn the sound off.
I never found the one that is supposed to be on the balcony either, just roamed around until I found a marker. It seems as though there are more markers in the game than the 15 needed to activate the Great Zero.
To take a picture, have the Ki on your screen and push the top (?) button

Viz

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my
pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105612
10/02/04 09:38 AM
10/02/04 09:38 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Thanks Viz. Another question then - "watch the coordinates" - where are these coordinates I am supposed to watch? on the KI?
Oh, and where does the picture I just took go then? Where do I get to view it?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105613
10/02/04 10:26 AM
10/02/04 10:26 AM
Dublin
Teresa D Offline
Settled Boomer
Teresa D  Offline
Settled Boomer

Dublin
Betty Lou, the fourth machine isn't active until you get the other three. The machines tell you what the coordinates are but your KI doesn't show any coordinates until you enter the markers. You get one for the first, two for the second etc., so when you are looking for the very last one for the fourth machine your KI will show you exactly where you are. I think you should have two balconies in your book because I did find a marker on one. The big button on the top right of the KI brings up the pictures you have taken and the one under that turns the sound on and off. By the way, when you find the very last marker you don't need to jump, just get as close as possible to the edge. I was almost tearing my hair out by the time I realised that.

Teresa smile

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105614
10/02/04 10:31 AM
10/02/04 10:31 AM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Yes on the Ki, as you move around the game, you will see the numbers under the symbols change. (I think that I am remembering this correctly)
When you open the Ki to take a picture, you will see arrows on each side of the screen, click on one of these to scroll thru the pics. Once you find the page to add the imager to Realto,you can also see them there.
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105615
10/02/04 10:47 AM
10/02/04 10:47 AM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Teresa, Please help refresh my memory, To D'Ni was half a dozen games ago. smile
That is why I forgot to add that you have to find one marker at the time for the Great Zero, go back and put it in and get the next set of co-ordinates. The co-ordinate numbers appear under the right symbols on the Ki think
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105616
10/02/04 11:43 AM
10/02/04 11:43 AM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, when you entered the first marker into the machine did you press the blue button? You have to do that to complete the process. Then you can go on to the next marker.

You're probably on the wrong balcony--go into Eder Kemo, across the long walkway and follow along past the Bahro door to the place on the right where a big thingie is rotating. There is a low wall around this place--go behind it and see a linking cloth. This will take you to the correct balcony, and if you have finished with the first machine, put your KI in the second machine, and pressed the blue button, you should see the marker circle....

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105617
10/03/04 12:03 AM
10/03/04 12:03 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I am only slightly confused about what I have already done - and your tips here are helping to clarify what the walkthroughs mean for me to have to do - but now my confusion is because I have retraced my steps to EACH and every marker (25) on the list in the gameboomers walkthrough bu C. Buda and have checked them off - and apparently since I had picked up a couple of markers out of sequence of the w/t's I had more than I needed for the first 15-20. So please correct me if I am wrong here = the first 5 markers were first dim green then dark green when I had them all; the second 15 were dim red then dark red when I had them all; now I have only one lit space on my KI and it was dim ?blue? and is now strong
Blueish/white. There are electric flashes at Rekeesha and a flashing outline of a shell in the middle section up in a "U" shaped 'screen' between the doors, and I have linked to Kemo, found the linking cloth to the ledge above the classroom but cannot find a marker anywhere, have proceeded to Tokatah Alley to the edge of the precipice but there is no blue swiping ray there yet......I must have missed a marker or markers somewhere, but am at a loss as to just where they are. Too tired now to try again tonight.....may try again tomorrow, but do not know just what else I can do. This may be the part that 'does me in' and makes me give up.....
thanks for your help.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105618
10/03/04 01:35 AM
10/03/04 01:35 AM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Betty Lou Brewer Jones:
now I have only one lit space on my KI and it was dim ?blue? and is now strong
Blueish/white. Love, Betty Lou
Betty Lou, you were fine with the green and red markers. Now that you have the one white space on your KI (I assume you got that by putting your KI into the first machine at Rezeero), what you need to do is to link to the Kadish Art Gallery. You should have a page for that in your Kadish book in Relto, but if you don't, there is a linking cloth in one of the windows in the part of Kadish where the machines that open the door are located.

Once you get to the Gallery, a marker will show up high in the air. Collect it and go back to the machine in Rezeero and put your KI back in again, and press the blue button. That should finish that machine--now go to the next one and put your KI in there and push the button.

In other words, you can only get one marker space on your KI at a time, and that one must be collected and downloaded before you can see the next one... luck

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105619
10/03/04 10:00 AM
10/03/04 10:00 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I have 'backtracked' a bit - decided to look at my sav file on my harddrive, drive C, program files, Ubisoft, Uru/ABM/POTS(to D'ni) and have deleted all the sav's dated Oct 1 and 2 and started up the game again, and am back at the beginning of To D'ni. I am going to follow the uruobsession walkthrough step by step and to the letter - I will keep you posted on my progress. My reason for doing it this way is because I was so confused as to what I had done and what I did not do and decided to 'start over' to erase my confusion. The one thing I can say about my 'first' experience with/in D'ni is that I should know the city almost as well now as I knew the Chicago I grew up in....and I hope I have a better sense of my direction and have learned how to use my 'tools' i.e. the KI - for instance I did not learn early on that it would take pictures, and I still do not know what I can do with them once I have taken them. I also did not know I had a 'journal' of my own, and I did not know how to write in it...
About my confusion finding the marker on the Bevin neighborhood balcony, I found this one earlier by accident and collected it before the C. Buda w/t said to that is why I could not find it. And once I linked to the ledge over the classroom I still could not find a marker there, don't know what that was about....so kinda lost my place where I was with the 4 KI machines. I was able last night to operate the 4th machine OK but then got bogged down in my somewhat confused state of mind and felt like giving up. Today is a new day, my interest in this game has not waned, and I am ready to tackle it all over again....at least I don't have to redo URU ABM, can just start ToD'ni over. Thanks for the help. I may/will be back!
Love, Betty Lou laugh "let me at 'em"

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105620
10/03/04 10:32 AM
10/03/04 10:32 AM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
luck Betty Lou, I used the pictures as clues for solving the puzzles. You are so close to the end of the game, don't give up. smile
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105622
10/04/04 01:50 AM
10/04/04 01:50 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Well, this one has me totally stumped...I have found the first 5 markers, registered them, found 15 more and registered them, found 5+ (too confusing, don't know how many) more and registered them and have one yellow/green light lit up dark on my KI. Everything on it is turned on, but there never has been any beeping sound.
Back at The Great Zero the 4th machine is working. QUESTION HERE - are the coordinates supposed to be automatically entered into my KI so I can see them when I am out and about searching? All three settings have remained at "0" throughout the game....
Before leaving here I see/saw that shell hologram, it kinda flashes very slowly...and in the courtyard beyond the glass doors (leaving the area) there is a giant bluish crystal thingy, and now there are lightening-like flashes coming out of it at the outer crystals, but nothing here is spinning as one walkthrough says it should be.
So I am all registered and my KI has only one lit slot, IS THIS RIGHT? Does this one lit slot mean I did everything right?
After all this I have linked to Nexus, linked to Tokotah Alley and edged around the precipice but I see no Great Zero blue ray moving around anywhere - no Shell for me to jump into or at so WHAT DO I DO NOW? Have I missed something? Did I not do it right? And I never did find a marker on the ledge above the classroom, it is just not there unless I somehow linked up there when I was investigating Eder Kemo and touched the marker then, if that is even possible.
I need help here, am not sure how to 'get on with it' since something here is amiss.......
Love, Betty Lou and goodnight too sleep

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105623
10/04/04 11:11 AM
10/04/04 11:11 AM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Betty Lou, the spinning obelisk is in Bevin. There is a link behind it that you need if you don't already have it. If you have seen the hologram of the shell then you are done at the Great Zero. If I remember correctly, you have to wait for the blue ray, and jump at just the right moment.
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105624
10/04/04 12:20 PM
10/04/04 12:20 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I've been to Bevin and found the spinning obelisk there and honestly do not remember if I had found it when I was there (in Bevin) in URU or not -
My walkthrough from uruobsession C. Buda says "The Shell! That could mean only one thing! Yeesha was here! I entered the Great Zero Courtyard. The device in the middle of it was spinning now and a blue ray was coming out of it!" Well this is not happening even tho I have used the 4th calibration machine and registered everything I have found and the 'logo' on that "U" shaped thing between the glass doors kinda looks like a 'shell' but I can't be sure it IS actually the shell I am supposed to see - and there is no spinning and no blue ray coming out of anything - unless it means those lightning flashes coming from the Large blue crystal in the middle aimed at the out smaller crystals around the courtyard. And I still only have one lit slot on my KI - I do not see ANY blue ray anywhere when I am on the edge of the precipice in Tokotah Alley - THERE IS NOTHING THERE ANYWHERE! Got any ideas what I have done wrong here? I would hate to have to install the game (from URU to POTS) on hubbys computer and replay the whole darn thing now - may love replaying this game all the way through sometime in the future BUT NOT NOW! frown
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105625
10/04/04 01:31 PM
10/04/04 01:31 PM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Bety Lou,from your posts, it seems as if your problems started with the last 5 markers. If you have a game saved just before you entered the Great Zero the first time, I would start there. Remember to return to the Zero with each marker. The same walk through is posted here.
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105626
10/04/04 03:16 PM
10/04/04 03:16 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
That is part of the problem with this game Viz, you cannot return to a specific saved game as the saves are automatic and each place/city/whatever has only one file for saves and each time you visit there and do something it overwrites a previous save - I have no idea how I can 'backtrack' in this game as you can with other games where you save when YOU want and name the save (or it is numbered for you) so you can go back to a specific save and replay from there....looks like my only option now is to name a new character (starting in URU of course) and start all over again from the very beginning - PHOOEY! I did not want to have to do that when I am so close to finishing D'ni so I can go on to POTS. HERE IS A THOUGHT - If anyone else is playing this, and has not played the 'Great Zero Calibration' part yet, email me ALL YOUR SAVES all the files and I can install in my sav folder and play your character through - cannot understand how they could make this game so one ends up in a deadend loop with no way back to a recent saved game to replay a section where something like this is not working. frown
Love, Betty Lou
P.S. =Obviously my deleting all my saves back to last Thurs or Fri did not work as there is also a sav file log and one cannot alter what is in it (as far as I know) so had to restore all I had deleted and try to figure out how to proceed in the game. frown frown frown

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105628
10/04/04 05:52 PM
10/04/04 05:52 PM
London Ontario, Canada
Kha'tie Offline
Shy Boomer
Kha'tie  Offline
Shy Boomer

London Ontario, Canada
Betty, I just want to ask what may sound like a dumb question... before you delete, try this.

Go back in to Takotah Alley and stand there for a LONG time... wait and see if the blue line from the GZ comes around and highlights the Shell (and then jump when and if it does).

Can you give it at least 3 - 5 minutes? I am not sure how long it takes for the big line to sweep 360 degrees but maybe you haven't waited long enough?

If you have waited and the line doesn't appear...

Do you see the blue line ANYWHERE as you are running around? If you link to the GZ, is the blue line there?

Please let me know. Thanks. smile

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105629
10/04/04 06:29 PM
10/04/04 06:29 PM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Betty Lou, I still have the game loaded on my hard drive. Checked the save files and I have one called Great Zero. Usually I save after doing a puzzle. I will load the save and see where it is in the game. If this will help, I will send it to you.
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105630
10/04/04 08:46 PM
10/04/04 08:46 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Hi Kha'tie, no I have not stood there for a long time (3-5+minutes) but I will try this tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for the tip. And no I do not see a big blue ray anywhere, not even at the Big Zero - wouldn't I see it flashing out from that big blue crystal like a beacon from a lighthouse? No such luck.
Gotta go, expecting hubbys cousin coming in to dinner and stay overnight - haven't seen them since daughter got married last year Mem. weekend......
Viz, it might help to have your save for Great Zero, and wouldn't I also need the 'log' file?
Thanks you guys and see ya tomorrow sometime.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105631
10/05/04 10:50 PM
10/05/04 10:50 PM
Hampton Roads
V
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer
Vizagoth  Offline
Settled Boomer
V

Hampton Roads
Betty Lou, I reloaded the Great Zero,unless my saves got corrupted, the flashes of blue are tiny when you leave the Great Zero. Also, I checked my Ki and once the Great Zero is properly programed you will have 4 numbers under the 4 symbols on the left side.
Viz

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105632
10/06/04 09:37 AM
10/06/04 09:37 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I'm back. Had out of town company Monday eve and overnight. Gave the game a try again last evening and my 'report' is: There are blue flashes look like lightening bolts coming out of that big blue crystal thingy in the center of the G.Zero courtyard and they go to the crystal thingies around the outer perimeter of that courtyard. {there are no 4 numbers on the left side of my KI or anything else, where should they be exactly?}. My KI has only one list slot on it, should there be more? and the 'flag' thingy on the right side of it have three symbols and a "0" under each one which has never changed to any other numbers.
When I stand on the edge of Tokotah Alley precipice I see no blue ray/flash out over the water, nor do I see any ray/flash when I look around behind me, and walking around Tokotah area there are also no blue ray/flashes either.
Kha'tie, if you could/would send me your saves (hopefully) to put me just before I jump into the shell, I would so appreciate it. And I figured out that I do not have to delete my saves since they are in a file for my character only and your saves will be put into a new 'file' under your character's name, entirely separate from my saves. (In other words, if I were in the mood to start this game over as a new character all I have to do is click on "new game" and create a new character, this goes into a new folder = and I know this because when cat was here a few weeks back she wanted me to get her started playing URU so I could show her how it worked and she played as a character she created on my computer, then I emailed her saves to her for her to plug into her computer and she continued on from where she left off at my house, worked just fine). I thank you Viz for trying to figure this one out for me, but nothing seems to be working right and I am so near to the end of D'ni, would love to get on to POTS and can with K's saves (at least I hope so).
Love, Betty Lou

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, Pandora), 324 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users