GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage    
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#105622 - 10/04/04 01:50 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
Well, this one has me totally stumped...I have found the first 5 markers, registered them, found 15 more and registered them, found 5+ (too confusing, don't know how many) more and registered them and have one yellow/green light lit up dark on my KI. Everything on it is turned on, but there never has been any beeping sound.
Back at The Great Zero the 4th machine is working. QUESTION HERE - are the coordinates supposed to be automatically entered into my KI so I can see them when I am out and about searching? All three settings have remained at "0" throughout the game....
Before leaving here I see/saw that shell hologram, it kinda flashes very slowly...and in the courtyard beyond the glass doors (leaving the area) there is a giant bluish crystal thingy, and now there are lightening-like flashes coming out of it at the outer crystals, but nothing here is spinning as one walkthrough says it should be.
So I am all registered and my KI has only one lit slot, IS THIS RIGHT? Does this one lit slot mean I did everything right?
After all this I have linked to Nexus, linked to Tokotah Alley and edged around the precipice but I see no Great Zero blue ray moving around anywhere - no Shell for me to jump into or at so WHAT DO I DO NOW? Have I missed something? Did I not do it right? And I never did find a marker on the ledge above the classroom, it is just not there unless I somehow linked up there when I was investigating Eder Kemo and touched the marker then, if that is even possible.
I need help here, am not sure how to 'get on with it' since something here is amiss.......
Love, Betty Lou and goodnight too sleep

#105623 - 10/04/04 11:11 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Hampton Roads
Betty Lou, the spinning obelisk is in Bevin. There is a link behind it that you need if you don't already have it. If you have seen the hologram of the shell then you are done at the Great Zero. If I remember correctly, you have to wait for the blue ray, and jump at just the right moment.
Viz

#105624 - 10/04/04 12:20 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I've been to Bevin and found the spinning obelisk there and honestly do not remember if I had found it when I was there (in Bevin) in URU or not -
My walkthrough from uruobsession C. Buda says "The Shell! That could mean only one thing! Yeesha was here! I entered the Great Zero Courtyard. The device in the middle of it was spinning now and a blue ray was coming out of it!" Well this is not happening even tho I have used the 4th calibration machine and registered everything I have found and the 'logo' on that "U" shaped thing between the glass doors kinda looks like a 'shell' but I can't be sure it IS actually the shell I am supposed to see - and there is no spinning and no blue ray coming out of anything - unless it means those lightning flashes coming from the Large blue crystal in the middle aimed at the out smaller crystals around the courtyard. And I still only have one lit slot on my KI - I do not see ANY blue ray anywhere when I am on the edge of the precipice in Tokotah Alley - THERE IS NOTHING THERE ANYWHERE! Got any ideas what I have done wrong here? I would hate to have to install the game (from URU to POTS) on hubbys computer and replay the whole darn thing now - may love replaying this game all the way through sometime in the future BUT NOT NOW! frown
Love, Betty Lou

#105625 - 10/04/04 01:31 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer

Bety Lou,from your posts, it seems as if your problems started with the last 5 markers. If you have a game saved just before you entered the Great Zero the first time, I would start there. Remember to return to the Zero with each marker. The same walk through is posted here.
Viz

#105626 - 10/04/04 03:16 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

That is part of the problem with this game Viz, you cannot return to a specific saved game as the saves are automatic and each place/city/whatever has only one file for saves and each time you visit there and do something it overwrites a previous save - I have no idea how I can 'backtrack' in this game as you can with other games where you save when YOU want and name the save (or it is numbered for you) so you can go back to a specific save and replay from there....looks like my only option now is to name a new character (starting in URU of course) and start all over again from the very beginning - PHOOEY! I did not want to have to do that when I am so close to finishing D'ni so I can go on to POTS. HERE IS A THOUGHT - If anyone else is playing this, and has not played the 'Great Zero Calibration' part yet, email me ALL YOUR SAVES all the files and I can install in my sav folder and play your character through - cannot understand how they could make this game so one ends up in a deadend loop with no way back to a recent saved game to replay a section where something like this is not working. frown
Love, Betty Lou
P.S. =Obviously my deleting all my saves back to last Thurs or Fri did not work as there is also a sav file log and one cannot alter what is in it (as far as I know) so had to restore all I had deleted and try to figure out how to proceed in the game. frown frown frown

#105628 - 10/04/04 05:52 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Kha'tie Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: London Ontario, Canada
Betty, I just want to ask what may sound like a dumb question... before you delete, try this.

Go back in to Takotah Alley and stand there for a LONG time... wait and see if the blue line from the GZ comes around and highlights the Shell (and then jump when and if it does).

Can you give it at least 3 - 5 minutes? I am not sure how long it takes for the big line to sweep 360 degrees but maybe you haven't waited long enough?

If you have waited and the line doesn't appear...

Do you see the blue line ANYWHERE as you are running around? If you link to the GZ, is the blue line there?

Please let me know. Thanks. smile

#105629 - 10/04/04 06:29 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer

Betty Lou, I still have the game loaded on my hard drive. Checked the save files and I have one called Great Zero. Usually I save after doing a puzzle. I will load the save and see where it is in the game. If this will help, I will send it to you.
Viz

#105630 - 10/04/04 08:46 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Kha'tie, no I have not stood there for a long time (3-5+minutes) but I will try this tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for the tip. And no I do not see a big blue ray anywhere, not even at the Big Zero - wouldn't I see it flashing out from that big blue crystal like a beacon from a lighthouse? No such luck.
Gotta go, expecting hubbys cousin coming in to dinner and stay overnight - haven't seen them since daughter got married last year Mem. weekend......
Viz, it might help to have your save for Great Zero, and wouldn't I also need the 'log' file?
Thanks you guys and see ya tomorrow sometime.
Love, Betty Lou

#105631 - 10/05/04 10:50 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Vizagoth Offline
Settled Boomer

Betty Lou, I reloaded the Great Zero,unless my saves got corrupted, the flashes of blue are tiny when you leave the Great Zero. Also, I checked my Ki and once the Great Zero is properly programed you will have 4 numbers under the 4 symbols on the left side.
Viz

#105632 - 10/06/04 09:37 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I'm back. Had out of town company Monday eve and overnight. Gave the game a try again last evening and my 'report' is: There are blue flashes look like lightening bolts coming out of that big blue crystal thingy in the center of the G.Zero courtyard and they go to the crystal thingies around the outer perimeter of that courtyard. {there are no 4 numbers on the left side of my KI or anything else, where should they be exactly?}. My KI has only one list slot on it, should there be more? and the 'flag' thingy on the right side of it have three symbols and a "0" under each one which has never changed to any other numbers.
When I stand on the edge of Tokotah Alley precipice I see no blue ray/flash out over the water, nor do I see any ray/flash when I look around behind me, and walking around Tokotah area there are also no blue ray/flashes either.
Kha'tie, if you could/would send me your saves (hopefully) to put me just before I jump into the shell, I would so appreciate it. And I figured out that I do not have to delete my saves since they are in a file for my character only and your saves will be put into a new 'file' under your character's name, entirely separate from my saves. (In other words, if I were in the mood to start this game over as a new character all I have to do is click on "new game" and create a new character, this goes into a new folder = and I know this because when cat was here a few weeks back she wanted me to get her started playing URU so I could show her how it worked and she played as a character she created on my computer, then I emailed her saves to her for her to plug into her computer and she continued on from where she left off at my house, worked just fine). I thank you Viz for trying to figure this one out for me, but nothing seems to be working right and I am so near to the end of D'ni, would love to get on to POTS and can with K's saves (at least I hope so).
Love, Betty Lou

#105633 - 10/07/04 10:08 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

HEY VIZ or Texaslady = I am in need of your save files up to the Great Zero Calibration puzzles, if there is any way you can place me there so I don't have to replay all of URU and to D'ni so I can finally have a hope of starting POTS.....am so stuck, stumped and frustrated now.
Have restarted all this (had to start over with URU as all the first saves are overwritten - hate this save system to bits) and am now stuck in Gahreesen, door to Bahro caves won't open, trying to figure out what I missed. HELP please please please....
Love, Betty Lou

#105635 - 10/07/04 11:09 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
I'm confused, you did all of the KI things, did green ones, the 15 or so red ones,and you've downloaded them? Did you see a door open and go inside set the great zero and complete the search for the new markers?

#105638 - 10/07/04 07:26 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

I hope I can clear up the confusion, mine and yours as well......I have, as far as I can determine, found and touched all the 5 first five 'markers', and my KI must have reflected that because the first 5 dim green lights on it went to dark green, then 15 dim red ones showed up and I found all of those and they went dark red, then I have/had one slot dim yellowish(?) and it is now dark yellowish(?) but only in one slot, no more than that. When I finish with all the KI calibrations in the Great Zero chambers both the 4 machines and the one outside in the Zero courtyard (?) I see a figure of a symbol that I believe signifies the shell on the 'screen' between the glass doors in the inner chamber and I see lightning flashes from that big bluish crystal thingy in the courtyard outwards towards the slim blue crystal thingys around the room, but when I link to Nexus, then to Tokotah alley precipice to await the big blue ray/shell hologram, nothing happens and I have stood there a very very long time, I see no flashes or rays anywhere away from the big Zero complex. Do not know what is wrong. I never did see any numbers or calibrations on my KI on my wrist - those 3 slots on the right side of it always registered "0" and never did change, were they supposed to reflect the numbers of the calibration machine I had just put my hand into/on? And in looking for the last set of markers in order to get the 4th machine to work, I never did find one or two of them, unless I got out of bed and did it/them in my sleep......so I don't know how my KI registered to a darker color in that last one slot......
Still confused? Guess what, so am I.
I have 'created' a new character and started all over again, and guess what, you cannot start in D'ni, you have to go all the way back to the beginning of URU just to get where you want to be - this save system s...s! excuse my bad language, am totally frustrated, but determined not to give up, to get to the end of this D'ni and on to POTS, if it sends me to the nut house or kills me in the process! Thanks for your help. Hope you can figure this out for me and help me solve it and get on my way. Love ya,
Love, Betty Lou

#105640 - 10/08/04 11:21 AM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

Hi Jenny, received your email, downloaded your attached sav folder to my game (do not need to delete the other character folders there as each one remains as a separate "player" and I should not have to type your char. name in as a new player as it should be in your personalization setup file(folder) in your saves. See my email back to you. I cannot get your save file/s to work for me. Maybe sending each and every folder in your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds\sav folder as a separate attachment and my downloading them into your "account" which is named by a series of numbers and letters by the game itself, might work better for me. Maybe? Thanks for all your time and effort to help me. In the meantime I will continue to play my replay (different character name) and hope I get somewhere with it.
Love, Betty Lou

#105641 - 10/08/04 12:20 PM Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal
Betty Lou Offline
Adept Boomer

laugh Well, blow me down and knock me over with a feather! slapforehead rotfl laugh Something you said at the bottom of your email suddenly turned on a light bulb! You said, "The next book is the beginning of the Path of the Shell--I would recommend that you DELETE the three that come after that one,..." I was not aware that I could delete any of the books that have the LARGE metal tab on the bottom of it/them, so I have looked at my original game (as Ti'Ana) and deleted the NEXUS book and gone back to Eder Gira/Kemo to replay what I need to to continue on. I see that (and have tried) to delete Aegura etc (after Gira/Kemo) but it cannot be done so do not know how this will affect my gameplay. Will keep you posted how I do, am now trying to light that last dark cave with my fireflies or a generator, only a bit confused here but 'barrelling on' to see what I can do. If I can get to where I want to be, maybe being careful to follow the w/t to the letter will get me 'unstuck' at the end of D'ni. Thanks
Love, Betty Lou

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
20 registered (Lex, Jeanne, kjos, Draclvr, Gimme, colpet, dorish, CountZero, InlandAZ, CanukDenis), 79 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
ryan_khatam, BabyBloomer, denton9, TheProphet, Innervision
8566 Registered Users