GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105663
10/12/04 04:08 PM
10/12/04 04:08 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Sorry, Betty Lou, I didn't mean to confuse you. Hang on for a few minutes, until I can put my game in and see exactly what is where.

Okay, I've gone into my game--the first nine books on my shelf are just as you describe, but the tenth is not the Aegura Library--in fact, I've never seen a book for that!

Try clicking on the linking picture in that tenth book. If all is well, you should be in a circular room with alcoves all around it, only a couple of which you can enter. You'll find linking books to the two ages in the alcove to the left of where you are standing...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105664
10/12/04 07:27 PM
10/12/04 07:27 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Ahhhhhhhhh, !. Will go give it a try.
Just out of curiousity, I DID see a full bookshelf at one point, and I counted the books = 36, so what happened to them, when did I lose them? And I wonder how come I did not notice this until now. mmmmmmm
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105665
10/12/04 07:30 PM
10/12/04 07:30 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Were you ever in URU Live, Betty Lou? I remember see that whole bunch of books too, but I don't recall exactly where it was. You couldn't open any of the ones down at the bottom shelf...

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105666
10/13/04 11:39 AM
10/13/04 11:39 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
No, never was on URU live, bought the game after it closed, used at EB at the mall, paid $18 and of course no shipping. Am I a great BAAGer, or what? And Jenny, I could kiss you so here :kiss: for saving my sanity, what little of it there was left after wandering around in D'ni and being unable to finish it.....wanted to throw the disc out the 100th floor window, and I live in a single ground level house! I do not actually swim in real life, but find that all this swimming in that 'ocean' is fun, tiring, but great exercise. Now if it would only work to make me lose weight to sit here and keep swimming rotfl and kicking crabs was fun too! Maybe sometime soon I will finally reach that tower island....gotta keep on truckin' Thanks again, never thought to click on that 10th book, and when I did it sure looked like the spiral staircase inside the library.
Love, Betty Lou laugh

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105667
10/13/04 11:45 AM
10/13/04 11:45 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Betty Lou, you saw all of the books in the shelf when you went to Phil's Relto. I don't remember seeing all of the books at any other time.
Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105668
10/13/04 12:13 PM
10/13/04 12:13 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

AH, SOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for clearing that one up, Sue.

Betty Lou, have you discovered all the different ways you can swim? I especially loved the backstroke, although it certainly wasn't what you'd want to use for quick getting around! laugh

The walkthrough is very good on this part, but you must follow it exactly, which is what I wound up doing, or I'd have never gotten through this part... blush

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105669
10/13/04 02:37 PM
10/13/04 02:37 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Yes, the swimming is fun, and I learned how by accidently falling off when I herded a couple of crabs to the edge.....backstroke too.
However, I have the w/t and am trying to do exactly what it says "....jump onto the closest stone in the water. Jump to the other one. Making sure you are in running mode jump into the water in a north western direction." I am not sure how one determines which is a 'north western direction' - n.w.d. from what landmark in the distance to gauge this on? I have made it to that tower/island once but could not seem to scramble up from the ledge and fell off back into the swift current carrying me away from it. Just how many minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years do I have to have my finger on my up arrow key to make it......?
Love, Betty Lou
frown

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105670
10/13/04 04:47 PM
10/13/04 04:47 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, this is a tricky part--the way to do it is to make sure that the bubbles from your swim stay to the left of your body. Also, when you get close to the tower, there is a ledge that goes around it that you can often use to get onto the steps.

And I think when they say "northwest" they mean toward the upper and left of the computer screen...

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105671
10/20/04 04:14 PM
10/20/04 04:14 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
smile happydance happydance happydance laugh YIPPEE! YAHOOEY! I did it! I swam to the tower island and found that picture and copied it, because I am not sure if I got a picture of it or not when I tried to....It has been several days since I tried to get back to this game and this time when I linked there with the last book on my shelf at Relto I was so surprised to see that I had 'missed' a crab on the lake/island - so I went and kicked him off and proceeded to try a couple of times to get to the tower and did it, but NO CRAB! very strange. NOW how did that crab swim/get from the tower island to the BIG island where the linking book is? I have no idea but needed to go out there and see that picture anyway and did not realize, until I fell off and swam back to the big island and looked at the signal tower again, that there was only one square/light lit up. So have proceeded on.......YEA! what fun! Thanks for all your help.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105672
10/20/04 04:43 PM
10/20/04 04:43 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

bravo thumbsup

As for the crab, don't forget they can swim, Betty Lou! Sometimes when people get totally frustrated trying to get out to the tower, they find if they leave the game and come back, the crab has moved to the mainland...

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105673
10/21/04 09:20 AM
10/21/04 09:20 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Yes, I guess that is what happened. Anyway, it was funny and it only took me about a half hour to realize what had happened. Now I am stuck in a loop trying to get back to the water Ahnonay or the misty one, to get to Control Center 2, not having much luck. Have to mull this one over again. What a ride that was in that chair!
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105674
10/21/04 11:01 AM
10/21/04 11:01 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I seem to be stuck in a loop - I am in Kadish area, have been to the Bahro cavern bottom cave saw the clue 5:32, trying to link back to Relto then to Ahnonay but no matter whether I use the Cathedral book or the Ahnonay one either the shell sign or the picture, cannot get out of this 'loop'. I need a step by step procedure to get me back to the water Anhonay and nothing is working, have even tried retracing my steps in that chair back to the statue but cannot find a linking cloth there as before.....how do I get out of this cycle? Please and thank you
Love, Betty Lou frown

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105675
10/21/04 01:40 PM
10/21/04 01:40 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, try this: use your Relto book to link back to Relto, then use the linking picture in the Ahnonay book to go to water Ahnonay. That should get you there... luck

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105676
10/22/04 09:40 AM
10/22/04 09:40 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I tried that Jen, I'm stuck in a loop and keep ending up back in Kadish, don't know how this came to be but seem to have 'lost' my link back to the water Ahnonay Control Tower/room. Any ideas how I can get back there?
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105677
10/22/04 11:10 AM
10/22/04 11:10 AM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, when you say that you "keep ending up back in Kadish" do you mean in the room with the huge statue? I got caught in what I thought was a loop there, and it turned out that there was a linking book I had missed. If that's where you are, go along the walkway, past the statue, to the very end and you'll see a book that takes you to the Cathedral (I think). Just be careful not to fall off the walkway. If that doesn't solve your problem, let me know and I'll see if Kha'tie has any advice.

Oh yes, from your Relto, are you clicking on the watery picture (NOT the shell picture) that's in the very last book to the right of the shelf of linking books... think

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105678
10/22/04 06:58 PM
10/22/04 06:58 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Hey Jenny, if I could reach you, I would KISS you, but :kiss: here anyway......I was not aware, or had forgotten to go around that platform around the huge statue and find the linking book, and that was what I needed to do to be on my way....HOWEVER, how many times do I have to go round and round and round linking on shells and pictures before I get to the 'other side' of the Control Center #2 to find that blankety blank Relto page for the D'ni clock? I've been around so many times, that I am now dizzier than normal or is that ditzier, and a ditz I sure am most of the time......Do I really need that page? or can I proceed on to that lever on the back wall of the tower......this is boring, boring, boring and very tiresome! frown
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105679
10/22/04 07:10 PM
10/22/04 07:10 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

:kiss: back at you, Betty Lou! lol

The reason I know about that book in the statue room is because I spent literally hours trying to get out of that place, and never noticed the book until I was almost crazy. woozy

You do not have to have any of the Relto pages to continue with the game, but they certainly make the place look nice. This one adds a clock, like the one in the Neighborhood, to one of the islands off the shore of your Relto. You can only access the control room where it is located by using the shell marker link in your Ahnonay book. I just printed off the section of the Buda walkthrough and followed it line by line to get this page... luck

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105680
10/23/04 10:40 AM
10/23/04 10:40 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Yes, I can do that, BUT what is my starting point now that I have been around and around and around about 100 times? I'm in a terrible state of confusion now. And it doesn't get any better if/when I try to skip the Relto clock page and go on to the next step, getting out of Ahnonay on to the next age/phase......I'm LOST and so ALONE! rotfl Lordy, lordy, what the heck would I do in real life if I had NO-ONE to talk to? Well, of course, sillyme, talk to MYSELF! But that gets so booooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrring laugh
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105681
10/23/04 12:35 PM
10/23/04 12:35 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, just check out Buda's walkthrough--you want to start at number 3.5 Collecting the Relto page. It won't matter what you've done before, just start at Water Ahnonay and follow each step in that section of the walkthrough... luck

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105684
10/23/04 07:15 PM
10/23/04 07:15 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
YIPPEE happydance YIPPEE happydance YAHOO!!! That did it! I finally found my way to Control Center #4, and of course I was in the wrong places before, did not know what that CC was, let alone distinguish between 1 and 2 and 3 etc......I was in the wrong place all along.....now I am very happy with my visit to E'rcana - except for the sewage-plant-water-treatment scenes, it is so beautiful here! all you have to do is 'look up!'......thanks Jenny, what would I do without you? Have a great weekend!
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105687
10/28/04 01:10 PM
10/28/04 01:10 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
BY THE WAY. ALL my questions are SPOILERS, sorry..
I'm kinda stuck - in E'rcana making pellets and trying to light up the lower Bahro cavern so I can take a picture of the lines if/when they appear....have the walkthrough, think I have made the pellets correctly, have picked up two (at least I think so anyway) and have linked to upper cavern, avatar has dropped one pellet, then I linked to Relto, then to Kadish's room and to lower cavern but wait and wait and wait etc and no 'bright light' or 'lines on the wall (by those 4 stones. I'm not even sure that she drops the second pellet, so am not sure I actually picked up 2. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks
Love, Betty Lou laugh

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105689
10/28/04 10:59 PM
10/28/04 10:59 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Betty Lou, this is another of those places where you have to wait and wait and wait!!! Check out this thread for that information.

Or it's possible that you have the wrong directions--look at this thread or this one to check that out...

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105690
10/29/04 08:34 AM
10/29/04 08:34 AM
Garstang. Lancashire.UK
Dave H. Offline
Settled Boomer
Dave H.  Offline
Settled Boomer

Garstang. Lancashire.UK
Hi Betty Lou, have you given up on the D'ni extension? If not I've got a save of Tokotah Alley, where you just need to walk to the building site. once there bring up the KI onto the screen and scrabble around until you get the co-ordinates 2175;58;-81. once you are there the blue light appears and you get the blue shell and just jump into it. luck

-It must need a left-handed screwdriver-
Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105691
10/29/04 11:33 AM
10/29/04 11:33 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Dave H. - yes I have given up on the ending of D'ni expansion pack, but left everything intact on my computer and just continued on with POTS.....I cannot figure out how to use someone elses saved game in my game but if you can instruct me EXACTLY how to install your save into mine I will give it a try......there has to be more than just the save file to use, like a log or something also, in order to make your save come up in my game and let me proceed.....do you know how to do that?
Jenny, thanks for those 2 links, the first one is not a help for me as I believe my pellets are correctly made - but HERE a QUESTION = would that machine make pellets that DO NOT WORK if the settings are wrong? I have 5 pellets sitting in the machine waiting for me to pick one up so I assume they are correctly made. And the walkthrough I am using says to pick up two so as to avoid a trip back to get the second one after the first one is being timed.....also the w/t says that it takes 10 minutes (or more) for the pellets to be made, but says I only have 5 seconds to snap a picture once I am in the right cave and waiting for a 'bright light' and the lines appearing on the wall....is that WRONG? Do I have to wait and wait and wait, (tapping my foot, don't have even a book to read or any crocheting to occupy me while I wait in that beautiful cave) and wait? Have I not been waiting long enough then? Watching the screen for 10 to 15 minutes is enough to make you blink when the occurance happens and miss it..... eek
Love, Betty Lou

Re: URU-D'ni (my) journal #105693
10/29/04 08:30 PM
10/29/04 08:30 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Thanks Dave. I am holding on to your save/saves to try at a later date.
QUESTION again for Jenny: Do I have to make 2 trips from the pellet machine - one to the upper cavern and another to the lower cavern? separate from each other? Or can I carry/hold two pellets at the same time and make it only one trip from the machine to both caverns and just how long in real time should I wait and stare at my screen? Maybe I really have not waited long enough.....?
Love, Betty Lou

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dorish, BrownEyedTigre, ergggo), 268 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users