GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Tuesday's #1063711
04/19/16 11:58 PM
04/19/16 11:58 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.

MARGARET ATWOOD

``````````````````````

About a year had passed since my amicable divorce, and I decided it was time to start dating again. Unsure how to begin, I thought I’d scan the personals column of my local newspaper. I came across three men who seemed like they’d be promising candidates. A couple of days later, I was checking my messages and discovered one from my ex-husband. “I was over visiting the kids yesterday,” he said. “While I was there I happened to notice you had circled some ads in the paper. Don’t bother calling the guy in the second column. I can tell you right now it won’t work out. That guy is me.”

``````````````````````````

During World War II my parents had planned a romantic Valentine’s Day wedding. Suddenly my father, then stationed at Camp Edwards in Massachusetts, received orders to prepare to ship out, and all leaves were canceled. Being a young man in love, he went AWOL. He and my mother were married four days earlier than originally planned and he returned to base to an angry sergeant. After hearing the explanation, the sergeant understandingly replied, “Okay, okay!” Then, as an afterthought: “But don’t let it happen again!”

```````````````````````

My friend Mark and I work in a lawn-mower-parts warehouse. Somehow Mark got the idea that his wife did not want a card on Valentine’s Day, but when he spoke to her on the phone he discovered she was expecting one. Not having time to buy a card on his way home, Mark was in a quandary. Then he looked at the lawn-mower trade magazines scattered around the office—and got an idea. Using scissors and glue, he created a card with pictures of mowers, next to which he wrote: “I lawn for you mower and mower each day.”

````````````````````````````

My boyfriend Hans and I met online. After dating a long time, I introduced him to my uncle, who was fascinated by the fact that we met over the Internet. He asked Hans what kind of line he had used to pick me up. Ever the geek, Hans naively replied, “I just used a modem.”

``````````````````````````

The lingerie store where my aunt works was crowded with shoppers selecting Valentine’s Day gifts for their wives. A young businessman came to the register with a lacy black negligee. My aunt noticed that the next customer, an elderly farmer, was holding a long flannel nightgown and kept glancing at the younger man’s sexier choice. When it was his turn, the farmer placed the nightgown on the counter. “Would you have anything in black flannel?” He asked.

I met my husband while I was working in a science library. He came in every week to read the latest journals and eventually decided to take out the librarian instead of the books.
After a year and a half of dating, he showed up at the library and started rummaging through my desk. I asked what he was looking for, but he didn’t answer. Finally he unearthed one of the rubber stamps I used to identify reference books. “Since I couldn’t find the right engagement ring,” he said, “this will have to do,” and he firmly stamped my hand. Across my knuckles, in capital letters, it read “NOT FOR CIRCULATION.”

Driving through Southern California, I stopped at a roadside stand that sold fruit, vegetables and crafts. As I went to pay, I noticed the young woman behind the counter was painting a sign. “Why the new sign?” I asked. “My boyfriend didn’t approve of the old one,” she said. When I glanced at what hung above the counter, I understood. It declared: “Local Honey Dates Nuts”

`````````````````````````

I suppose it speaks volumes about the state of my marriage when I admit to nodding knowingly at a remark made by a colleague.

She was telling me about the death of another co-worker’s spouse, when she commented, "How sad. They’d been married only five years, so I imagine she still loved him."

```````````````````````````

A man is madly in love with a princess and wants to propose, but an evil witch has cast a spell on him, and now he can say only one word a year. So he waits 14 agonizing years—accumulating all his words—before approaching his beloved.

Finally, the big day arrives. When he sees her, his heart skips a beat. He gathers his nerve, drops to his knees, and intones, “My darling,

I have waited many years to say this: Will you marry me?”

The princess turns around, smiles, and says, “Pardon?”

```````````````````````````````
At a restaurant one night, the man at the next table was pulling out all the stops to impress his underwhelmed date. He crowned a lengthy list of lifetime achievements by stating, “At least I can say I have been a Hollywood movie producer.”

The woman nodded. “I’ll make a note of that: ‘has-been movie producer.'”

You know you’re dating the wrong guy when your friend steals your boyfriend and all you can think is, What does she see in him?

```````````````````````

All parents are proud of overachieving children, and one father was no exception. The bumper sticker on his car read "My Kid Made Your License Plate."

Author Cindy Chupack coined these useful neologisms to help those dating today.

Man-me-downs: Men who are passed on from one woman to another after a failed attempt at romance.

Cupidity: The faulty logic that leads a well-meaning but clueless third party to believe that two random singles are perfect for each other.

DNRR (Do Not Resuscitate Romance): A directive that you are not, under any circumstance, allowed to revive a past relationship.

````````````````````````````````

Carrying two dead raccoons, a buzzard tries to check in at LAX for the red-eye to New York. "Sorry, sir," says the ticket agent. "We allow only one item of carrion."

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

Hope everyone is doing well today. yes

If Margaret is right, then by this afternoon I'll be smelling like dirt......and creek water.....and mosquito and tick repellent. P.U!! razz

Good thing I can't smell huh? slapforehead

I'm not saying I can't stink mind you, cause even though I'm a Lilley, I can definitely get smelly. Oh yeah. blush

Not that I would know that first hand, but I have heard it second hand. rolleyes

No, I just mean I don't have the sense to smell, hence I can't smell my own B.O. as it were. snicker

Is this making sense? crazy

Time for me to turn in and have some sweet....smelling dreams.

Can dreams smell??

Have a happy day everyone.

joe

Boy I can't keep my days straight can I? rotfl

Last edited by gymcandy1; 04/20/16 12:13 AM.

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063716
04/20/16 12:58 AM
04/20/16 12:58 AM
Greece
Haroula Offline
Adept Boomer
Haroula  Offline
Adept Boomer

Greece
Hi all,have a great day. smile wavegirl

I change all my passwords to "incorrect". So whenever I forget, it says, "your password is incorrect".

Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063723
04/20/16 04:37 AM
04/20/16 04:37 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
spring Good Morning Joe, Haroula and everyone. Coffee and tea are ready. Happy Day wished for all. spring

Gerry
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063731
04/20/16 07:31 AM
04/20/16 07:31 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone. Have a Wonderful Hump Day all my Diner friends. I'm getting a new kitty today. He is a rescue, a male Siamese Snowshoe 5 years old. catrub Danish, BB Pancakes, and Bacon Sandwiches in the NC. spring

Connie
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063733
04/20/16 07:55 AM
04/20/16 07:55 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers hamster

Joe, smelling like a good day!

Haroula, enjoy the day!

Gerry, thanks for the coffee.

Connie, ahh, a new kitty. Sweet!

Wishing everyone a great Hump Day! chocobunny

Gail
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063741
04/20/16 09:19 AM
04/20/16 09:19 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Joe, you will always be sweet like a Lilley to me! hearts

Haroula, are you ready for Easter?

Gerry, have a great day!

Connie, how wonderful for you and the kitty! catrub

Gail, have a wonderful day!

Day 6 of no voice at all for me. I think I will drive to the doctors office today to make an appt since I can't call them.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Tuesday's [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1063746
04/20/16 10:09 AM
04/20/16 10:09 AM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
Good morning Haroula, Gerry, Connie, Gail, Ana, and everybody. wave2

We had another round of storms last night, all night long. shocked

We got another 1 1/2 inches of rain. I'm going to drive over to the creek and check it out, but I doubt I'll be able to walk the creek today, or tomorrow, because we have more rain tomorrow. It may be this weekend before I can get down there. yes

I guess that's ok. There will come a time very soon when everyone here is praying for rain, and cooler weather. yes

I still have two days off to kill though, and I can't mow my yard because it's all wet. cool

Ana so sorry you still have no voice. I hope the doctor can help. flowers

I've got one more cup-o-joe to injest. Have a super day everyone. woot

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063750
04/20/16 10:45 AM
04/20/16 10:45 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Joe thanks for the chuckles!!! Hope the rain has washed up something great for you, Have fun and a lovely day!

Haroula have a lovely day!

Gerry thanks for tea and have a lovely day!

Oh Connie a new, to you, kitty!!! Enjoy! Thanks for the danish and have a lovely day!

Gail have a great day and may it be lovely !!

Ana prayers that your voice finds it's way home soonest!!! Hope they can fit you in at the doc office!! HUGS! Have a lovely day!

wave
Nan

Re: Tuesday's [Re: auntiegram] #1063751
04/20/16 11:02 AM
04/20/16 11:02 AM
Southern California
Darlene Offline
Adept Boomer
Darlene  Offline
Adept Boomer

Southern California
wave2 Howdy ho, sweet Joe! Thanks for the openers! Good luck at the creek today and hope your Hump Day is a good one!

Ana, hope you get to see your doctor today and that your voice comes back quickly! smile

Good morning, sweet 'Boomies!

Another gorgeous day here today... joy

Alrighty, off to see what's afoot!

Woohoo and booyah! smile Have an easy peasy day!
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063797
04/20/16 05:05 PM
04/20/16 05:05 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Wonderful Wednesday aka Tuesday ya'll puppy

We were up and out of town early. But we are back now. Smoothies all made. Kitchen still to be cleaned but I wanted to come down and see how life was in BoomerLand.

Connie, what is Kitty's name? What does Outlaw think of him? What does he think of Outlaw?

Oh Ana, how awful. Hope you get in.

Joe, if you mow it, it will just grow and you'll have to do it all over again. Just saying whistle

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063816
04/20/16 07:28 PM
04/20/16 07:28 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Sorta, is this the house across the street? Careful moving the trash bins!

It turns out I have bacterial laryngitis. She hopes I will have my voice back after a couple days of antibiotics.
My son got his car broken into again last night. Sadly, they stole a lot of important stuff. I'm starting to hate Chicago, and it's my city. I usually defend it, but the things that have been going on are just too much.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1063817
04/20/16 07:32 PM
04/20/16 07:32 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Hey everybody ... here's a 'tag' to L4L post. Safe, quick trip...the best kind. Finished defrosting our 'self-defrosting' stand up freezer which had 4 inches of solid ice on the bottom as the line to the evaporating tray had plugged. Need to check that more often yes

Whoa...that was a workout! But also gave us a chance to "clean" out old food wink

Hope you get your voice back Ana eek

Enjoy your days off Joe

blackkitty Woo Hoo Hoo Connie...enjoy your new kitty

Wishing all of you a wonderful Wednesday evening wave

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Draclvr), 363 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users