GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Marvel Films vs TV series #1066002
05/09/16 05:17 PM
05/09/16 05:17 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Marvel needs to stop treating its TV series like unwanted step children. I haven't seen Captain America: Civil War, yet but one of my coworkers has and when I asked if Phil Coulson was finally allowed back in a movie, he said "no". For four years we've known that Phil Coulson is alive and well. In fact he's the current director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Having been given the position by (the still legally dead) Nick Fury, after Fury faked his own death in Captain America: Winter Soldier.

While Marvel allows the films to be reflected in the TV shows, especially "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." they continue to keep TV characters and events out of the films, even though without the TV series certain things in the movies couldn't happen. Best example: the Helicarrier in Avengers: Age of Ultron. These flying aircraft carriers introduced at the start of Captain America: Winter Soldier we're all supposed to have been destroyed at the end of the same movie. Yet Nick Fury (still officially deceased, the general public has not been told he's alive only Phil Coulson and the other Avengers know) appears with one. And all he says about is that it was provided by "a couple of old friends". In reality it was secretly restored for SHIELD by its new director Phil Coulson, as seen in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

Marvel is planning a movie "Inhumans" its been delayed but not scrapped. Inhumans are important characters in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". It makes no sense to continue pretending in the movies that Phil Coulson is dead because Loki stabbed him in the first Avengers movie. Even back then most movie fans assumed Nick Fury faked Coulson's death. So the argument that movie goers who don't watch the TV series won't understand Phil being alive is nonsense. The same arguments against Phil being in the movies apply logically to the Helicarrier, but there it was in Age of Ultron.

The President of the United States knows Phil Coulson is alive and running shield. High ranking officers in the US military known Phil Coulson is alive and running Shield. Even whats left of Hyrdra knows its greatest foe, Phil Coulson is alive and running Shield, in Nick Fury's place. Apparently the only people in the Marvel universe who do not know it are Captain America, Ironman and Thor because Marvel won't bring Phil back into the movies.

BTW Lady Sif knows but promised Phil not to tell Thor so Phil can tell Thor himself. Its been 4 years, let Phil tell Thor that he's alive and running Shield already. It makes no sense he's keeping it from his hero Captain America either.

According to an episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Sif does not love Thor, she loves someone else,. but is with Thor because Odin wants her and Thor to be a couple, and she's more loyal to her king than his own son. (Blindspot fans have made the joke that when Jane Doe regains her memory she will realize she's not from Earth at all but is an Asgardian warrior named Sif, because its the same actress).

Also apparently missing from Captain America: Civil War are, Daredevil, Punisher, Elektra, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, all from Marvel TV on Netflix. Punisher started on Daredevil but getting own show. Luke Cage started in Jessica Jones but getting own show. Alot of fans are asking, why did Tony Stark bring in Spider-Man but not Daredevil, who's right there in New York.

Even Guardians of the Universe, which is not an Avengers movie, may get brought into the Avengers as "Star Lord" is supposedly going to be part of Avengers: Infinity Wars but the movies continue to treat Marvel TV characters as if they don't exist.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/09/16 05:41 PM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Marvel Films vs TV series [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1066003
05/09/16 05:27 PM
05/09/16 05:27 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Sorry you don't enjoy the way they are portraying it.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Marvel Films vs TV series [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1066006
05/09/16 05:58 PM
05/09/16 05:58 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I don't like they way they're mistreating their own characters. Since it was Josh Whedon who was primarily responsible for keeping Phil Coulson out of the movies as is he is longer involved with the movies maybe there is a chance for the current director of SHIELD to actually appear in the movies again someday.

I don't object to Nick Fury appearing even though the movies have set up that he's officially dead after faking his own death and going undercover, only that when he does appear he doesn't even acknowledge that his best agent, Phil Coulson is alive and actually running Shield for him.

In the TV series when Coulson who never believed Fury was dead even when everyone else kept telling him he was, finally encountered Fury, after chewing him out for using the secret protect T.A.H.I.T.I. on him against his will, Phil pointed out it was intended to be used only on a fallen Avenger and Fury replied "it was". So according to Nick Fury, Phil Coulson is in fact an Avenger. Arguably then, Phil Coulson was actually the first Avenger, rather than Captain America, so it makes no sense he's not in any of the other Avenger films.

They're also mistreating their own fans when they assume they're so dumb they can't handle Phil Coulson's return.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/09/16 06:01 PM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 195 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users