GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Windows 7 home edition re:message - debugged script on page #1066029
05/09/16 09:25 PM
05/09/16 09:25 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
I have been getting a message on my MSN homepage that reads something like this: there has been a bugged script on this page you can debug the
script, continue or cancel. I have tried all three suggestions and it doesn't seem to help. Usually my computer freezes and I have to turn it off.
I did bring it in to a computer shop and they supposedly ran a virus check and eliminated any problems. But this message has started to come back
again.I called the computer shop and they said my computer was running fine when I picked it up and to run my malware program a couple of times. I
did that and same issue. Can anyone give me an idea of what may cause this and how to get rid of it? I use firefox as my browser and MSN as my
home page. Thank you for any suggestions.

Re: Windows 7 home edition re:message - debugged script on page [Re: linda333] #1066033
05/09/16 10:05 PM
05/09/16 10:05 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
First thing to do is delete your browser cache. Otherwise the bugs will just sit in the cache and repeat every time the script is run.

If asked if you want to debug the script, continue, or cancel --> use cancel.

Just because a website throws a script at your browser doesn't mean you have to run it -- especially if the script is buggy.

I'd also suggest changing your homepage to one where they don't use buggy scripts -- at least until the website fixes its problem.

If the problem is with MSN's webpage, they will probably fix it eventually. But it may be a few days.

However the script that has the problem may be an advertisement rather than the MSN site itself, and you're better off blocking those because they may be infected.

If you still want to allow the script, check the link below for a possible fix. They tell you how to delete browser cache, among other things.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/945034

Re: Windows 7 home edition re:message - debugged script on page [Re: linda333] #1066034
05/09/16 10:27 PM
05/09/16 10:27 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I have a friend who had to stop using the MSN homepage because of the buggy scripts and she also uses Firefox. I found something that indicated it was something to do with how Firefox handles Flash errors, but I'm not sure it that's the case. My friend has had this issue with MSN for many months. I finally had to stop using an alternate homepage from ighome because of the constant buggy scripts in the ads.

She has started trying to get used to the new Edge browser and hasn't had a single script error yet.

There is a way to go in and change how long Firefox will let a script run.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/warning-unresponsive-script

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Windows 7 home edition re:message - debugged script on page [Re: linda333] #1066035
05/09/16 10:37 PM
05/09/16 10:37 PM
Canada
L
linda333 Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
linda333  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
L

Canada
Thank you for the help. I appreciate your input.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, hagatha), 574 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users