GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1066192 - 05/11/16 10:03 AM Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
From Simon Mesnard, the Developers of A.S.A A Space Adventure.

Check out the launch trailer here.

You can purchase here on Steam.

Check out the Making of Video here.

Quote:
Description

Catyph: The Kunci Experiment is a 1st person Sci-Fi adventure game. Discover the world and mechanisms of Tytaah, a moon of planet Catyph divided into 6 varied regions. Try to discover what the Kunci is, and who created it. "In 2062, Men from Terra have access to a new technology - the Blue Matter - developed from a mysterious Black Cube they found 5 years before (note: this refers directly to the events of ASA, in 2057, but the 2 games can be played separately). With this new power, Terrans decide to explore for the first time their solar system, in search for signs of intelligent life. They send YOU at the discovery of planet Catyph and its moons. After a series of strange events, you finally land on Tytaah." Exploration and discovery are the keywords of this adventure, and are necessary to understand and solve the challenging puzzles. The gameplay reminds what you can find in most 1st person adventure games such as Myst or Rhem. Catyph and ASA are both part of the Black Cube series (http://www.theblackcube.fr).
History

Catyph: The Kunci Experiment was self-funded and developed by a single person (except for music and a few other things) with the Visionaire Studio engine, After Effects and 3dsmax. "I took the decision to start this project in 2014 when I discovered that several people were asking for a sequel to ASA. Even though Catyph is not a direct sequel, it will try to correct the mistakes of my first game, and will show (I hope) an evolution in my work". In March 2015, the release of ASA: A Space Adventure - Remastered Edition (first game developed with Visionaire Studio by Simon Says: Play!) confirmed that Catyph has intrigued many players in the world. For more details about the development of Catyph, please read the Making Of (through one of the links below).
Features

Discover a new story in the Black Cube series
Visit new and varied areas with more realistic graphics and video transitions
Developed with Visionaire Studio (Deponia), allowing HD graphics and more flexibility
Different difficulty levels
And of course, all new challenging puzzles!
Over 10 hours of gameplay
An Original Soundtrack by Karreo

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

#1066193 - 05/11/16 10:05 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

Greyfuss, while trying to combine your two Catyph threads so I can place the official announcement, I accidentally deleted them. eek My apologies. We will try and restore them.

#1066195 - 05/11/16 10:14 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Online   content
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thanks for the news, Ana. smile

#1066196 - 05/11/16 10:21 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Greyfuss, while trying to combine your two Catyph threads so I can place the official announcement, I accidentally deleted them. eek My apologies. We will try and restore them.

No need to apologize, I much prefer it this way with the Official release thread Sheriff. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew.

It should also be noted that a DVD version of Catyph can be purchased from the Developer HERE How many newly released games have that now-a-days? Also there is supposed to be a Humble Store release soon.

#1066199 - 05/11/16 11:09 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
wisnoskij Offline
Shy Boomer

I enjoyed the first one so much. I actually think it might be the best puzzle-adventure of all time (by which I mean RHEM-like: minimal plot, minimal graphics, everything focusing on the multi-layered extremely difficult puzzles). I have been eagerly anticipating this release and plan on buying it. The first one had a rocky start, and was arguably moderately broken before the remastered release. So the (previously first time developer) has obviously learned a lot, and there is every reason to be optimistic with this latest release.

A few moths ago he was in some Myst-Jam and released a short game in the same style and universe as both ASA and its new sequel Catyph. If anyone is unsure about his style, and want to give it a go for free, or are sure and want more of it, give MYHA a try (http://www.theblackcube.fr/myha.html).

#1066204 - 05/11/16 11:21 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
GreyFuss Offline
Addicted Boomer

Its should be noted that Catyph is not a direct sequel to ASA: A Space Adventure and doesn’t require you to play ASA first

#1066218 - 05/11/16 01:12 PM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: GreyFuss]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for the info !! grin

#1066305 - 05/11/16 09:11 PM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: Mad]
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks for the links Ana

#1066334 - 05/12/16 03:00 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Cookie Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Bologna,Italy
I loved ASA so I've immediately purchased Catyph!!
After few minutes gaming, I can assure you that it sounds quite interesting!

GreyFuss is right in saying that Catyph is not a sequel, and the author himself has confirmed it. You can just find some mentions to the events occurred in ASA but they do not play a decisive role.

#1066336 - 05/12/16 03:57 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Vairon Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Spain
Great news!! yay

One of the most anticipated indie game inspired in the Myst universe!

#1066368 - 05/12/16 10:09 AM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Simon Offline
Shy Boomer

Thank you Ana for the announcement! If anyone here has any question about the game, you can ask me here and I'll do my best to help! (oh I'm the developer, in case you didn't know)

Thanks for the kind words wisnoskij! I hope you'll enjoy Catyph too. It is a bit different of ASA, more "exotic" maybe (I can't find the word, but you'll see). I didn't want to do the exact same game after all! ahah. But it's still a vast world with logical challenging puzzles. I think it's still close to Myst and Rhem in the good way (for people who like the genre).

And Hi Cookie, Vairon and Greyfuss smile

Edited by Simon (05/12/16 10:09 AM)

#1066601 - 05/13/16 10:09 PM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mikael Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Sweden
Thanks for the links!

Good luck with the game Simon! I especially liked your "Making of" page. It should interest everyone even remotely interested in game making.

Edited by Mikael (05/13/16 10:12 PM)

#1067123 - 05/17/16 08:47 PM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure
boidsonly Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Clarksville, TN USA

It's not often we see retail copies of games for sale. Available on Steam, Humble Bundle or at the link below.

https://www.trepstar.com/purchase.asp?idprod=195680&mode=itemlist

#1067133 - 05/17/16 09:54 PM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Sonic Boomer

Thanks boidsonly, Greyfuss mentioned it earlier in this thread. I merged the posts.

Ana wave

#1067839 - 05/23/16 12:57 PM Re: Announcing Catyph - The Kunci Experiment - A Sci-Fi Adventure [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
boidsonly Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: Clarksville, TN USA
NP, thanks and apologies for the redundancy.
Ordered and received my DVD copies of ASA Remastered and Catyph.
Thanks Simon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
12 registered (deleterman, manxman, Draclvr, Jenny100, Marian, lindy236, looney4labs, colpet, CCbomber, BrownEyedTigre), 149 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Newest Members
mitch, Gatjiep, astronut, McDavid, LeeMonCello
8933 Registered Users