GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#106718 - 10/02/04 12:53 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
Everybody got that message about updating the video drivers (almost). I left mine at the old level and have done just fine. Some areas of the game are more demanding and could give trouble (like a crash to desktop). If and when that happens, you'll probably make the move to update the drivers.

Good luck. Have fun!

Dadguy

#106719 - 10/02/04 01:11 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Finally figured out the crystal viewer puzzle!!!! happydance

It had completely escaped me that a slider is usually a slider for some reason... blush

#106720 - 10/02/04 01:22 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
Well, turning off depth-of-field is a definite improvement! Why'd they put it in in the first place, I wonder? They think people WANT the graphics blurry???

Someone told me how to make the cursor less realistic. You can change the cursor's color and fade it down to minimum. It now looks like a game cursor and not like a real hand.

Has anybody else tried to pick up the gold dragon fly on the railing?

Quote:
It had completely escaped me that a slider is usually a slider for some reason...
Hmmm...cryptic. I think I'll go think about this for an hour or so. Then I'll read the manual.

#106721 - 10/02/04 02:41 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
tazmanw Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I've just started. I got the message about the video card and I have the ATI 9800 so don't know why I got that message. I just ignored it and so far so good. Am really curious about those Dutch subtitles as well....

#106722 - 10/02/04 03:16 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Becky, I made that comment about the slider cryptic on purpose--didn't want to spoil it for anyone.

Taz, I have an ATI 9800 also, but I didn't get that message. I don't think it depends on which video card you have, but on how up-to-date the drivers are for your card. Since I just got my computer less than six months ago, the drivers are apparently up to date...

#106726 - 10/02/04 05:45 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
kjos Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Beverly Hills, Florida
How do I get the subtitles to show up, I can't toggle them on or off. English or Dutch.
Thanks, Richard

#106727 - 10/02/04 05:58 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
tazmanw Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Jenny- thanx for info on drivers. My computer is 10 months old so maybe I need and update and that's why I got that message. If I have trouble I'll look into it. Rightnow I'm trying to figure out how to turn the power on....
Taz (Margie)

#106728 - 10/02/04 06:14 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Richard, there is a place to turn on subtitles under the "Options" in the main menu. I think it's under the "game options".

Margie, did you see that box on the wall in the room where Yeesha was looking at her bugs... think

#106729 - 10/02/04 06:19 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
kjos Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Beverly Hills, Florida
Jenny,I can't put a check in the box. I've tried to enable it but it doesn't work,Thanks
Richard

#106730 - 10/02/04 06:31 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
msblue Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Dover, DE
I have restored power, read journal,took picture of crystals, put them in the order they show in the journal, press center button...nothing happens. Have static in the viewer, what am I doing wrong? Do I have to complete the puzzle in the fireplace before I do crystals? Help and thank you

#106731 - 10/02/04 06:47 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
jayne Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Utah
Hi-- Does an 'X' in one of the Option boxes mean that option is active or inactive? Thanks for your time.
Jayne

#106732 - 10/02/04 07:29 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
X in the box means active.

Marty -- write the walkthrough in Russian? Wow!

Much nicer not to make Yeesha mad.

#106733 - 10/02/04 08:13 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Piney Woods of East Texas
Thanks, Becky!!! I thought X in the box meant inactive. Was just going to post and ask why I couldn't see any birds flying around. Took the X out of all the graphic boxes but still see clouds moving and the water rippling. Just no birds or bugs other than the blue beetles. What a timely answer you gave!!!

#106734 - 10/02/04 08:32 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
housewife Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Okay I figured out the Cystal puzzle..I didn't see the slider on the right, that is where I was going wrong...Anyone got it done and I am now somewhere in a big cystal island anyone knows where I am...I linked with the book on the left side?...

Liz

#106735 - 10/02/04 08:42 PM Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert
rain2 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Orlando
Msblue: Double check the crystals and colors. You'll have to 'test' the last 3 shapes, cause it's kind of hard to tell Exactly what size they are, so work on those and you'll get it right.

Housewife: Yes, you are on Spire, the prison world of Sirrus. This can get a bit confusing, but just read 'Everything' you can and it shouldn't be too bad and keep a good eye for details.
About to Play:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Just Finished:
Myst IV

Page 3 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
21 registered (CanukDenis, Haroula, Kayc, barlouwin, Draclvr, BobH, CCbomber, cailyn, Gimme, 1 invisible), 94 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
123pazu, dawnmann, Colour, Carhurl, Shelley1966
8417 Registered Users