GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107329
11/05/04 07:17 AM
11/05/04 07:17 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Dawna,

I know that you can get the wind to within 4 screens. It is a matter of choosing the right willow tree for the location that the wind is in at any given time.

However, if you've been working on it for a week... yikes! I don't know what that equates to in hours of actual play, but that can't be fun.

I have played this part through for others with no trouble so I have noted what happens when you are successful:

- Just after you click on the spirit, and immediate sparkle and a chime-like sound. Then it continues with a more firework-like response.

If you missed it, or were late, the spirit just flops immediately down to the ground or disappears.

Let me know how you make out!

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107330
11/05/04 08:33 AM
11/05/04 08:33 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

dadguy -- I've been reading about problems with the Myst IV patch. Two gamers here are experiencing problems with it -- corana and BrownEyedTigre. Corana posted in Glitches, and BrownEyed in the Discussion forum.

Any advice on recovering from the patch? Do you think I should post that people should NOT use the patch at all until Ubi fixes it???

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107331
11/05/04 12:09 PM
11/05/04 12:09 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Yes, I read these reports. Corona is a knowledgable and experienced gamer. I saw that the patch ruined his graphics (he posted a screen capture of a black and white graphic appearance).

The problem is that I am reluctant to load the patch now that the problems have been reported. According to Corona, he had to do a fresh install to recover.

I will have to boot to UbiSoft to respond to the issues.

Sorry I can't offer any more credible advice.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107332
11/05/04 12:33 PM
11/05/04 12:33 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Thanks dadguy. I've noted the problems with the patch in the title of all the Myst IV patch threads on the GameBoomers forums, and added links to appropriate threads on UruObsession and Ubisoft.

Avoiding this patch for now seems the better part of valor.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107333
11/05/04 03:52 PM
11/05/04 03:52 PM
London, Canada
Dawna Offline
Shy Boomer
Dawna  Offline
Shy Boomer

London, Canada
Yes...that is many hours of gameplay. Of course...the physical challenge I suffer from does make playing much slower than 'regular' gamers. [Not whining...just stating a fact.]

I do know EXACTLY what I need to do...however...the fluffies and the spirit seem to NEVER be within 4 screens..at the same time. frown

Oh well...I must forge on..!! I'll get it...eventually..!! [I must have faith...I must have faith...I must have faith...!]

Done by Dunn
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107334
11/11/04 05:47 PM
11/11/04 05:47 PM
Ohio
Dudemom_2000 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dudemom_2000  Offline
Settled Boomer

Ohio
Dawna, one thing I did (mine was a water spirit,though) was check where the nearest spot to the fluffies or bubbles etc. was to where the spirit was. If the spirit wasn't there I just walked on till I saw the spirit and scared it from that spot so that I scared it to the spot near my fluffies/bubbles. Then I carefully went and got the bubble and presented it to the spirit. Look for the little clearing/pool that the spirit will show up at. I am sure there is one near every supply of fire/fluffie/bubble that is only about 4 moves away. Hopefully this will help.

Dudemom_2000

*****\(@@)/*****

"Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance!" Evelyn Couch 'Fried Green Tomatoes'
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107336
11/12/04 02:14 PM
11/12/04 02:14 PM
S
satch Offline
Settled Boomer
satch  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

I am in dream and trying to do the colored clouds puzzle. I assume from reading this thread that I have to get all the clouds white, not just the ones immediately touching the center cloud.

If this is not correct, please let me know because to change all the clouds to white looks like a long and tedious task.

Thanks

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107338
11/12/04 02:29 PM
11/12/04 02:29 PM
S
satch Offline
Settled Boomer
satch  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Thanks Texaslady. I've just arrived in Dream and the Water Guide has told me that all the Ancestors must be in harmony. I am using Bert Jamin's WT. The multi colored clouds have formed around the center white cloud. From the WT, it seemed I just had to get the clouds touching the center to turn white.

I did this but didn't hear the voice so I assume I'm not finished.

From reading this thread, it looks like I have to get all the clouds to turn white. Is this correct?

Thanks

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107339
11/12/04 02:34 PM
11/12/04 02:34 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Yes, Satch, that's what you're trying to do. Here is a quote from a walkthrough about this part: SPOILER
Red ---> Purple ---> Blue ---> Cyan ---> Green ---> Yellow ---> White

Once you get to white, the cycle will begin again. The best way of doing this,
since the clouds are arranged in an hexagonal matrix, is to trace triangles or
do zigzag motions. Now, there are some rules:

- going from a cloud to another, moves the color up one level on the sequence
above
- going back on a color that you have just changed causes no effect at first,
but if you linger to much on it or pass through it without changing colors
around it, it will force a color change on the clouds that surround it
- white clouds are a bit sturdier to the effect above but will also change if
you brush past them

So when you are ready, begin. Don't be afraid to change a white into a red if
you need to or do other shapes other than triangles (like squares) if it is
needed at sometimes. When all clouds have been changed to white, the Spirit
Guide will tell you, you have succeeded...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107341
11/12/04 03:34 PM
11/12/04 03:34 PM
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Sue, that walkthrough of Coehlo Buda is a good one--I used it all the time until the GB Quest came along. It's still a very good source for directions all laid out in one place...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107343
11/20/04 10:02 PM
11/20/04 10:02 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Here's another attempt to make the spider chair challenge a bit easier. Strategies are on top, and then the moves are listed. (Thanks to dadguy for his help with this.)

Serious Spoilers:
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

Spider Chair Strategy:

1. Before setting the sliders on the spider chair you must be certain that the gears under the chair are set correctly. Instructions for this are on page 24. If you push all three sliders to the very top of the console, and the knight in the top right lock does NOT tremble and retract, then you know that the gears aren’t set correctly.
2. Setting the sliders is tricky. The slider opening/window tends to “slip” downwards. Put the center of the slider window slightly ABOVE the green circle marker you’re aiming for – it’s more likely to stick there.
3. When you pull the slider to the bottom, there is a slot ZERO possible below slot 1. Make sure you don't go too low when trying to set slot #1.
4. Each slider sequence (i.e., 6-12-4 is one sequence) can be set in any order – you don’t have to go left, center, right each time.
5. Once the first two sliders are in position for a sequence, you don’t have to accurately set the third slider at all – you just have to move the third slider up or down PAST the third setting, hitting it for only an instant as you continue to the next setting without letting go.
6. The final setting is easy – just bring all the sliders up to the top as fast as you can. Even here, though, they can slip down – make sure they’re completely at the top.
7. The order of the settings: 6-12-4, 3-1-7, 10-5-5, 12-12-12.

Here is the step-by-step fastest order for tuning the Spider Chair Crystals

RIGHT SLIDER to 4.
LEFT SLIDER to 6. (Timed portion doesn’t begin until you set the center slider.)
CENTER SLIDER to 12 up at the very top (don’t let go) CENTER SLIDER to 1.
LEFT SLIDER to 3.
RIGHT SLIDER past 7 (don’t let go), then down to 5.
CENTER SLIDER to 5 (center slider knob on a horizontal line with the right slider knob).
LEFT SLIDER TO 12 (go past 10 without stopping).
CENTER SLIDER TO 12.
RIGHT SLIDER TO 12.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107344
11/21/04 05:03 AM
11/21/04 05:03 AM
denmark
I
ingse Offline
Settled Boomer
ingse  Offline
Settled Boomer
I

denmark
I`m stuck in the puzzle with the camoudile and the mangrees. I just can`t get the sounds right!
Could anyone of you please help me with a saved game?

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107347
11/23/04 06:50 PM
11/23/04 06:50 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Becky, well done!! bravo bravo bravo

If anyone has had trouble with the Spider Chair Crystal Tuning puzzle, take a look at Becky's puzzle giude above. It is the ultimate step by step guide for beating the timed puzzle!

Thanks, Becky!

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107348
11/28/04 10:27 AM
11/28/04 10:27 AM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Well, lagging well behind almost everybody else, I finished the game yesterday. What a great game!

I have one question (so far):

Spoiler
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
Changing all the ancestor's galaxy-looking things to the color white was quite frustrating. I finally managed it, but it took me a long time.

WAS Yeesha's galaxy-looking thing among them? I never found one that didn't change color. And why didn't Sirris's brain-lock appear the whole time? Wasn't he controlling her mind the whole time? Why did the brain-lock only appear when we went back into the world of dream near the end?

Anyway, I was wondering: if you were prepared to cheat, could you leave the world of dream WITHOUT finishing the turning-everything-white puzzle, and still be able to do the marble door lock? In other words, is the solution at the end of the turning-everything-white puzzle always the same (red, green, dark blue make white -- light blue, yellow, pink make white).

Edit: I guess this was more than just one question.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107349
11/28/04 07:33 PM
11/28/04 07:33 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Becky! Congrats on finishing.

I never tried the door puzzle without the cloud puzzle. My guess is that you can finish without it.

But, you could be a pioneer and try it from a save before the cloud puzzle and let us all know!

Maybe someone else has already done that...

Cheers,

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107350
11/28/04 08:54 PM
11/28/04 08:54 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Becky,
Congratulations on finishing the game! thumbsup

Yeesha's cloud was the only one that didn't change color, but it was hard to find once so many others became white.

As far as seeing Sirrus' lock on Yeesha's mind, remember that going into the dreamworld the first time was to get the ancestors in sync so that they could help you figure out what was happening to Yeesha.

As far as completing the door puzzle before the getting the ancestors in sync, you would have trouble doing it because you needed the color clues from completing the cloud puzzle.

Did anyone else get to see the other endings depending on what you did with the levers? Did you view the brothers in the other room before you sat in the chair?

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107351
11/28/04 10:03 PM
11/28/04 10:03 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Lady K -- I saw some of the alternate endings.

Possible Spoilers
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
I tried the OTHER lever, then tried not choosing any lever at all. After that, I did try wandering around the place after choosing the correct lever, and was surprised to see what happened with Achenar. It's too bad seeing that sequence isn't more obvious -- I think the logical thing is to just do as he says and go into the chair right away, rather than following him against his instructions.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107352
11/28/04 10:13 PM
11/28/04 10:13 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Just thought of more questions:

Spoilers
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

In Haven, after finally solving the final Mangree puzzle, I saw a kind of compass in one of the trees. But I don't remember ever using the information on it anywhere. If you don't need that information (and if you don't mind missing the fun ride at the end of the tree-top climb) could you leave Haven without ever solving the final Mangree puzzle?

In fact, is there anything in Haven that you must do in order to finish Serenia (and the game)?

I think I feel a replay of Revelation coming on.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107353
11/28/04 10:26 PM
11/28/04 10:26 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
You could have walked back to the beach area anytime from the jungle. I found my way back after wandering around in the jungle for a while. However, you needed to know how to release the knot snake, which was your last task before that wild ride.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107354
11/28/04 11:38 PM
11/28/04 11:38 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
LK and Becky, I haven't explored the other endings other than the one you get from choosing the wrong lever. I am intrigued that you might be able to explore after a different choice! I don't remember that. I'll give it a look.

Dadguy

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107355
11/29/04 04:31 PM
11/29/04 04:31 PM
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Lady K -- you are right, you need to see the "instructions" for the snake.

I was just wondering if someone, after repeatedly playing and failing the final Mangree puzzle, could just skip the puzzle and still finish the game. I suspect that, if they got a cheat for the knot snake challenge in Serenia, they could skip the Mangree puzzle altogether. They'd miss that fun ride at the end of Haven, but it would be better than abandoning the game altogether out of sheer frustration.

Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107356
11/29/04 04:51 PM
11/29/04 04:51 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
I suppose the cheat might work, but I don't know. It's funny, but once I figured out the logic and got my mangarees all lined up in the proper places, it only took me 5 tries to overcome the camodile. It was sort of like the chair in Spire. A bit of practice made for success.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107357
12/02/04 03:01 PM
12/02/04 03:01 PM
New Jersey
Billy the Kid 64 Offline
Settled Boomer
Billy the Kid 64  Offline
Settled Boomer

New Jersey
I have a question regaurding this puzzle. I have tried doing this many many times and connot do it. does all the commands have to be entered in at once,or just one at a time by turning the sound divices. Is there a starting point for the sound devices. cannot get any of the mangrees to leave there nests. Please Help. Bill

BILL
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107359
12/02/04 05:00 PM
12/02/04 05:00 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
First of all, I assume you have found all of the sound codes for the mangarees and the alarm call. If the camoudile is under a nest, the mangaree in that nest won't move, and they also won't move unless the next nest is empty. The idea is to move the mangarees around so that the white one, who has the strongest throwing arm, is in the left nest. When the camoudile falls in the pit, he can throw the fruit and hit the plant.

If you get the camoudile under the left nest with the right one empty, save your game. All you have to do then is make the call to move a mangaree into the leftmost nest. As soon as the mangaree begins to move, make the alarm call. If you don't do it in time, reload and try again.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Myst IV Revelation Quest Here -- Directory for Puzzle Help Page 40 -- Spoiler Alert #107362
12/02/04 08:50 PM
12/02/04 08:50 PM
Spanaway, Washington
Papa Terry Offline
Settled Boomer
Papa Terry  Offline
Settled Boomer

Spanaway, Washington
Okay, I've tried Becky's method and I still can't get past the crystals in the Spider Chair. I think it might have to do with this new Trak Ball I'm using for a mouse. In any event I've been at this now for 3 days - anyone have a saved game????

***Maybe the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about***
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 77 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users