GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: MYST IV Revelation #107422
01/19/05 12:13 PM
01/19/05 12:13 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Yes, Betty Lou. I just helped Goldfinger with his Dreamworld clouds and would be glad to do the same for you.

Let us know. After Dreamworld there is just the Workshop door puzzle before the final Yeesha Dreamworld, then you are done.

Regards,

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107425
01/19/05 02:24 PM
01/19/05 02:24 PM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
Still stumped:
Quote:
On Spire, Sirrus wrote that Rock needs a maximum power setting of 20 with two harmonics as detailed on the music notes.

Where are these notes? Is it something I should know or is there a page I haven't found yet. A number of walkthroughs mentions 7 pages I can only find 6 and there is not enough info yet to tune the spider chair. Any ideas?
Where is the key information - I have looked everywhere...

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107429
01/19/05 04:25 PM
01/19/05 04:25 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
No problem, Fisicx. I had to do a little research to remember...

You seem to be referring to Coelho Buda's walkthrough. In it, he goes thru each of the four crystals to explain how he came to the settings required to tune them. I think there are a total of seven documents, and one of them that he refers to is a scroll that is in the hands of one of the statues (I think it's the one that follows you down when you activate the Spider Chair to go down towards the Crystal Tuning area). This scroll has a set of possible combinations of power settings for the various crystals (it doesn't have all of them). If you follow Coelho Buda's logic, he explains that in a couple of cases he experiments to see what works to make the crystal vibrate, so there may be some trial and error.

In the one case of the ROCK crystal, he points out that the one document says it needs a power setting of 20, and he knows that the last one is 5, so the other two have to add up to 15. On that scroll (he calls it a music chart) there is one combo with 10-5 near the bottom, so when he tried that (10-5-5) it worked! So he wrote that down and moved onto the Blue Crystal...

So, is it the Music Chart you are missing from the statue (viewable from the top level where you first sit in the chair)?

Other documents are located on the floor, in drawers, on the desk, etc., and in some cases they are laying on top of each other so you have to lift one to see the second.

Hope this helps. This tuning puzzle can be difficult, but the Myst IV FAQs offer some good help.

Let us know how you do!

Dadguy

Last edited by looney4labs; 05/22/07 03:58 PM. Reason: remove broken link
Re: MYST IV Revelation #107431
01/19/05 05:13 PM
01/19/05 05:13 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Fisicx,
The paper that I continually missed is the one beside the frozen basin near the bed. There's another frozen into the floor a couple of steps before you enter the open-air lab with the sleeping area.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson
Re: MYST IV Revelation #107435
01/20/05 12:00 PM
01/20/05 12:00 PM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
Thanks Dadguy,

It is easy to read a walkthrough and just solve the puzzles but I do like to understand the 'why' of a game. For example, getting the pod to float at the docking station needed quite logical approach that made sense if you used the journa, models and control console.

Anyway, I shall take a look at the statue down in the basement and see if the elusive notes are where you suggest.

Thought: the blue crystal 3,1,7 needed a lot of thought - working out that the garden was position 1 needed some serious head scratching...

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107436
01/22/05 08:46 AM
01/22/05 08:46 AM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
Nope, still missing a bit of paper.

Got 4 sheets from the desk, 1 near the bed and another over towards the wayout. This has given me the Nara and Crystal settings. Got the BC settings from the electromagnets but the Rock... All I know is that the maximum must be 20.

I know what the setings are but don't know how the authors of the various walkthrough's got them. All mention the mustical notes but nobody tells me where to find them.

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107437
01/22/05 02:09 PM
01/22/05 02:09 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Fisicx,
I used Sirrus' written notes to give me at least one string setting for each of the locks, then I moved the sliders up and down until I got the maximum vibration for each lock. In addition to the 6 papers in the destroyed lab, there's one on the statue by the chair in the lower level and one in the hallway that leads from the chair to the elevator.

In his journal, Sirrus writes about making music with the crystals. The settings on the statue paper may have started out as an attempt at music.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson
Re: MYST IV Revelation #107438
01/23/05 09:16 AM
01/23/05 09:16 AM
United KIngdom
fisicx Offline
Settled Boomer
fisicx  Offline
Settled Boomer

United KIngdom
Lady K,

This could be the clue to solving my dilemma. I shall serach again for the missing page soonest, if not before.

Thank you

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107439
01/23/05 10:01 AM
01/23/05 10:01 AM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Thank you dadguy, for the save to get me past those color clouds. I am at the place where I have to drain water so I can go below. Also busy with other stuff away from the computer so am not progressing as quickly as I was. I will keep you up to date on my progress but don't worry about my absence for a bit. Thanks again.
Love, Betty Lou

I am 'the HAT lady"! and "who loves ya BABY?!"
Re: MYST IV Revelation #107440
01/23/05 11:13 AM
01/23/05 11:13 AM
U.S.
Bert Offline
Settled Boomer
Bert  Offline
Settled Boomer

U.S.
If this helps, when you sit in the spider chair, and lower the console, look at the numbers etched in the console to the left. this helped when I first could'nt find all the papers...

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107441
01/23/05 05:11 PM
01/23/05 05:11 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
I'm somewhat confused about the marble/wheel/triangles puzzle. Let me see if I can keep it straight in my head: I look at that marblesinwheel and orient myself like a clock; My color pattern from my "dream" is two triangles (at the end of that puzzle)= my triangle on the left (facing it) is point up, top point is GREEN, bottom left point is RED, bottom right point is BLUE; my triangle on the right is inverted and has top left point being MAGENTA (pink?), top right point is YELLOW (not light green) and bottom point is CYAN (light blue). So which color should I place at the 6 o'clock position? and if I follow the FAQ solution I get all mixed up which colors go in the other vacant points.In other words if 6 o'clock which is point-up-triangle top point should be GREEN, then where do I go from there? nothing seems to be working no matter which set of "rules" for placement I use.....HELP please. Thanks
Love, Betty Lou frown woozy :kiss:

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107442
01/23/05 07:04 PM
01/23/05 07:04 PM
Ohio (Summer) Florida (Winter)
loisl Offline
Settled Boomer
loisl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Here I am at the timed puzzle chair in Spire also. Haven't played for a week because I got so frustrated trying to beat the time. Can someone please do this puzzle for me if I send my game. I will, however need instructions about sending this because I have never done it before.

Thanks,

Loisl aka the butterfly lady

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107443
01/23/05 07:51 PM
01/23/05 07:51 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Betty,

Yes, that clue from Dreamworld shows the two triangles, just as you saw. The key to that clue is not the "up" or "down" orientation, but the association of colors shown. They want you to associate the three 'major' colors, REG, BLUE, GREEN together, and they want you to associate the 'minor' colors, YELLOW, CYAN (light blue), and PURPLE together.

Using the "combination" you derived from the medalion in the Spire elevator, they want you to put those six colors into the inner "point" of each of the six pie shaped triangles that make up the door. Three will be major colors, and three will be minor colors (see how I defined them above). Then, to complete the combination, you compliment the other two points of each triangle with colors per the "clue" from Dreamworld (that is, if the point is RED, the other two are Blue & Green; if the point is Purple, the other two are Yellow & Cyan, etc.). The clue was trying to say that these three color combos combine to give you white, which was similar to the cloud puzzle "give us unity" challenge.

I know this is a mouthful, but I hope it helps. If you would like a better nudge, I'll be glad to supply one.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107447
01/24/05 12:20 AM
01/24/05 12:20 AM
corona, california
jim112332 Offline
Settled Boomer
jim112332  Offline
Settled Boomer

corona, california
What is the secret in Serenia for carrying the water bubble offering to the water guide? I have caught the bubble, turned slowly, taken three slow steps down the path and slowly started to face the stairs leading up to the water guide. But every time I do this the bubble bursts. I have tried to get the bubble to the water guide in varying degrees about 50 or so times and can never make it without the bubble bursting somewhere along the way. Any suggestions?

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107448
01/24/05 12:39 AM
01/24/05 12:39 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Yes, Jim,

You have to find a SOURCE for the "gift" that is within 4 clicks of the destination or it will burst (it may be 5 clicks, but I am not sure).

There are multiple sources for each Gift, and the destination changes, so you should have a good understanding of the Age so you can choose the best site to start from.

Then move swiftly (i.e., clicking quickly as the view changes), but turn slowly to move towards the next click, but not TOO slowly.

It's a balance... good luck!

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107449
01/24/05 12:41 AM
01/24/05 12:41 AM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Jim,
It just takes persistence. You've got to move quickly enough to get there, but not too quickly. I took my bubbles from the fissure just down the path from the linking book and took it to the pond in front of the first small waterwheel.

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107451
01/24/05 01:13 PM
01/24/05 01:13 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Got it, Loisl!

It's on the way back. You had the far right gear set incorrectly, which is why you might have been having trouble.

Have fun! Now you'll get to read all about Sirrus!

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107454
01/24/05 08:56 PM
01/24/05 08:56 PM
Sacramento, CA USA
Betty Lou Offline OP
Adept Boomer
Betty Lou  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Sacramento, CA USA
Question, rather a technical one I fear = Since MYST IV Revelation is on DVD, are the saved games on my hard drive able to be saved/burned to a CD and reinstalled back to the hard drive later and does this affect their useability? I cannot decide if this is one of those DUH questions or not, and I don't have the answer, anyone else know? Thanks for your input. I want to copy, save my saved games from several games onto a floppy/floppies and/or CD's so I can delete them from my harddrive and free up some space/memory, but am afraid I will lose them if I am not careful.
Love, Betty Lou

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107455
01/24/05 09:11 PM
01/24/05 09:11 PM
loisl Offline
Settled Boomer
loisl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Dadguy,
Thank you very much. Got the saved game and even got it downloaded properly. I had used that test in the Wt about moving all levers to the top and if the rock did not move the gears were correct. Maybe I just misread it.

Thanks again,

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107456
01/24/05 09:58 PM
01/24/05 09:58 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Betty Lou,

These saves can be archived just like any non-DVD game. The saves are just PC files, even though the game operates using the DVD drive.

They are large files. I have helped almost 100 people solve their puzzles and the save directory for "other players" that I keep is HUGE! Good idea to archive them.

Regards,

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107457
01/24/05 10:00 PM
01/24/05 10:00 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Butterfly Lady!

Have fun with the rest of the game and call if you need help.

That 3rd gear was in position 8 instead of 7. I could tell by the sound of the machine when I moved the first slider that it was wrong. Anyway, you are on you way! Enjoy!

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107458
01/26/05 07:43 PM
01/26/05 07:43 PM
loisl Offline
Settled Boomer
loisl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Dadguy,

Need help again on the timed Mangree puzzle. Got the first one on the second try when I had to scare them away, but I am not getting this one. I did the first part according to Wt-saved game and right after I resumed game the Camoudil jumped out of the pit. Just can't seem to get it quick enough after 1st part. Am sending saved game if you don't mind helping again.

Thanks,

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107460
01/27/05 06:15 PM
01/27/05 06:15 PM
Orchard Park, NY
O
Old Fogie Offline
Junior Boomer
Old Fogie  Offline
Junior Boomer
O

Orchard Park, NY
Hello friends, I am the Old fogey Campbell, aznd I have been doing fine with Myst IV until now. I got the wazter spirit as my guide, chaznged allthe colored clouds to white, and have been trying to get into the Old Dream world. I got rid of the water, looked in and saw it was pretty dry, couldn't get the wheel under the window to turn and can't find the other stairs leading down. AZny idea whazt I missed?

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107463
01/28/05 12:41 AM
01/28/05 12:41 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Old Fogie!

Maybe you have already turned the wheel. After turning it (and if the door down at the bottom is not open yet), then you have to go up to the Harvester controls and use them to remove the last few gallons of water to get the bottom door open. The Walkthrough describes the last few Harvester steps to drain the last of the water.

Try using the Harvester (a.k.a., Bathyscaph) controls to get rid of the last water and see if that allows you access to the final door.

From the walkthrough:

"Return to
the bathyscaph controls. Lower it and with the door still closed raise it.
Again this will drain some more water. Finally, open the bathyscaph door,
lower it, close the door while it is underwater and then raise it. This will
have drained enough water to open the secret door at the end of the secret
tunnel. Go there now."

Let us know if it works!

Have fun,

Dadguy

Re: MYST IV Revelation #107469
02/03/05 04:44 PM
02/03/05 04:44 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hiya, Tink!

Yes, we have resorted to direct spoilers in many of these posts. Folks posting here are usually frustrated and ready to move on, and need the quick solution.

But, when someone asks for a nudge, we oblige.

I have been to your journal and it is a beautiful piece of work! As usual, your writing style is a joy! This is a nice way of following the game from the viewpoint of an explorer as they discover the wonders of Myst IV.

Thanks for the link!

Dadguy

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (manxman, fildil), 212 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users