GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
The Future of Infamous Quests #1074619
07/18/16 03:24 PM
07/18/16 03:24 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Those that backed their games already know this news, but for those that didn't, here is the developer update.

Quote:
We've had a great run as adventure game designers; from our ambitious start as Infamous Adventures and our remakes of King's Quest III in 2006 and Space Quest 2 in 2011, to our latest games - it has been one of the greatest adventures of my life. I've met and made friends all around the globe; I've traveled, told my stories, worked with amazingly talented people and done things I only dreamed about as a kid. I never thought in my life I'd be able to accomplish so much, and yet - we did.

In 2012, we banded together - the creators and the backers - to fund our project on Kickstarter, and it was a magical time, not only for us, but for other creators and fans. It was, simply put, a magical time. Something I don't think will ever be repeated in the history of game creation and gaming culture. I have to thank you all for being a part of that and including us in it.

After the completion and releases of our upcoming games, Order of the Thorne: Fortress of Fire and Quest for Infamy: Roehm to Ruin, we will most likely not be producing any more games. Adventure games, and certainly the kinds of games we produce, are a niche market. Niche is probably a fancy and nice way to put it... we're a tiny segment of a huge and amazingly competitive market. We've been lucky enough to create the kind of games we always wanted to make and play, but - unfortunately - it hasn't been financially viable for us to do so. We just haven't been able to sell enough copies to cover our production costs, and I can't pay the talented people who make these games come to life in good wishes and moral victories. They deserve more. Like many commercial ventures, I've incurred a decent amount of personal debt on this - I rolled the dice, and sadly, it didn't quite pan out. It's not viable for us to continue on, from a financial standpoint. So, we will complete our last two games here, and continue on - many of the people who have worked on these games are already involved in other careers, jobs and projects, and are committed to finishing our games solely because of our love for the games, the genre and you, the fans. You backers have been the best - I wish there was a whole lot more like you out there. Thank you so much for everything over the past four years - you were, and are, the heart and soul of everything we've ever done.

Being a designer has been amazing, and you all have afforded me and my friends to collaborate to tell you our stories. Thank you for letting Mr. Roehm come to life, and for letting him pursue a Quest for Infamy. There was a time when QFI was just a pipe dream of some post-college kids - and you made it a reality. I wish you all the best in the future, and (again) thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

We hope you'll enjoy our upcoming games - even though they are most likely the last, I'm very excited about what they'll offer you, as adventure game fans.

All my best,

Bt

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1074621
07/18/16 03:40 PM
07/18/16 03:40 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

That is so sad; to lose such talents. But I understand and empathize. It has occurred with many great developers.
Thanks Ana for the info.

Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: MaG] #1074622
07/18/16 03:45 PM
07/18/16 03:45 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I am really sorry to hear this news and was hoping that their recent releases had done better in terms of sales. Sigh. Thanks for letting us know, Ana. sad

Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: Marian] #1074627
07/18/16 04:26 PM
07/18/16 04:26 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
This is sad news Ana. Thanks for the info though.

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1074628
07/18/16 04:32 PM
07/18/16 04:32 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

I'm sorry to hear they weren't able to make a profit.
I enjoyed their games.

Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: Jenny100] #1074639
07/18/16 08:43 PM
07/18/16 08:43 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Despite the awful time I had before I was actually sent my disk copy of the original game, I am very sorry to hear no more are going to be made frown

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1074647
07/18/16 10:09 PM
07/18/16 10:09 PM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Lost in the Arizona Desert
They will be missed. I look forward to playing their last two games.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: The Future of Infamous Quests [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1074668
07/19/16 04:28 AM
07/19/16 04:28 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Sad news Ana.

Gerry
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (manxman, Draclvr, Lex, 1 invisible), 226 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users