GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107805
03/08/05 12:14 PM
03/08/05 12:14 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Feeling extremely confused here:

Ummmm....so, about the room with the four periscopes and the burners and the elevator in the middle. I used the Bahro stone to get to the place where the clue for this puzzle is. And I thought, "oh, you'd never have to count ALL those spokes." So I just counted the number of dots around the INSIDE of the design, which was 10, 5, & 6. And I set the machines to those settings and it worked, so no problem. EXCEPT, while trying to find out something totally different (like, do I actually have to fill up that well again and is there any way to keep from having to go all the way back to the beginning if you mess up once the elevator is down and you're on the other side.....) I see that the solution I came up with ISN'T the correct solution after all. And with the correct solution, you have to wait 10 minutes for the blue light to come one, but with my solution the blue light comes on right away, but it only stays lit 10 minutes, so I thought it was a timed puzzle..... And the thing is, I can't reset the burners!! There isn't even any cursor option to move those little do-hickeys anymore.

So my question is, did anyone else know about this or experience this kind of thing, and is it going to make a difference?? OR do I have to go back and play Er'Cana from the beginning?

PS, I'm not liking POTS as much as the other parts of this game. Some of the stuff in Ahnonay just NEVER would have occured to me without help and I'm sick to death of running back and forth.

WW

"So then he says it's enough to take aim! What's that supposed to mean?!?"

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107806
03/08/05 12:41 PM
03/08/05 12:41 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Okay, the clue to the periscope things is in the Bahro cave.........the sunbursts. The markers [heavier lines on the periscopes] each have a value of 5. I don't know if you want the numbers given to you or not so I won't put them here. Your wait for the batch of pellets to bake is closer to 15 minutes. If you have a batch baked, just dump them and start over to make a new batch. When you have a baked pellet, take one and leave your hand touching it, touch the linking book at the same time. You will end up in D'ni where the pellet will drop into the water. There's a linking book near that will take you back to the pellet room. You should see a short but nice white glow.

Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107807
03/08/05 01:01 PM
03/08/05 01:01 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
yeah, I know. The thing is, I DID all that with the WRONG settings on the ovens. And the short glow I got was red. And I can't seem to re-set the oven temperature or anything! If I try to reset the puzzle by turning them on and off, they just got back to where they were before I turned them off. And once they're on, I can't move the settings. I found out the correct way totally by accident. So is this a glitch or what? I would have thought that if I entered the settings wrong nothing would work at all.

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107808
03/08/05 01:18 PM
03/08/05 01:18 PM
Québec
Chief Offline
Adept Boomer
Chief  Offline
Adept Boomer

Québec
There is a lever in the pellet machine room not to use unless you want to produce another batch of pellets. Can this help????

Chief

Chief
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107809
03/08/05 02:31 PM
03/08/05 02:31 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Yeah, I found out about that lever right away. Seemed like a cheap trick, if you ask me--putting it right there and not being able to do anything with it until you press the button, so of course I thought, "well, maybe now I should pull the lever...."

Anyway, the lever didn't help.

In case I haven't been exactly clear, I'm going to reiterate my dilemma:

In a manner I won't go into, I came up with the slider settings 10, 5, 6 (instead of the proper ones, which I gather are 8, 6, 4). When I set the sliders at 10, 5, 6, all the yellow buttons light up and I can push them to make the ovens come on.

THEN the whole puzzle seems to function backwards. The blue light on the pellet dispenser comes on immediately and there are pellets. But instead of counting UP ten minutes, it counts DOWN ten minutes and the machine shuts off (and if I happen to be holding a pellet at that time, I drop it and it disappears!) And if I put a pellet in the thingie on D'Ni, the glow I get when it drops is red (not white, as Sue mentioned). And I can't seem to reset the ovens to the proper setting.

*sigh* I guess it looks like I'm going to have to reset this entire age....

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107810
03/08/05 04:15 PM
03/08/05 04:15 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Wysewomon, are all of your burners lit?

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107811
03/08/05 04:22 PM
03/08/05 04:22 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Ye-e-e-ss...

I did manage to get them re-set without starting over. Don't know why it didn't work before. But oddly, the blue light still comes on and the pellets appear immediately. Well, at least I get the nifty white ring and lovely mist rising...

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107812
03/12/05 12:37 AM
03/12/05 12:37 AM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Okay, here I am again...

I have all my ovens set right--I've checked and re-checked forty-eleven times and I'm dizzy from all the linking. But my pellets don't work. When I take them to the D'Ni cavern, the juice-meter doesn't register anything and when they drop I get a white mist and a bunch of bubbles. When I drop them into the Bahro cavern and down to the lower cavern (and who thought it was a good idea to make gamers hang out waiting for something to fall from the sky for 15 minutes, I'd like to know!!) all I get is a white mist and a bunch of bubbles. No brilliant light and nothing illuminated that I can use at all.

I've been working on this for days and I can't take it anymore. Do I have to accomplish this to proceed? Or can someone just send me a picture of what it is I'm supposed to be seeing?

Thanks

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107813
03/12/05 10:51 AM
03/12/05 10:51 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
WW, you have all four periscopes lit, the gauges from left to right are set at 40, 30 and 20, you pushed the yellow button on the bottom of the last gauge, you have heard the machines start to hum and you have waited until they have finished baking. I can't think of anything else for you to do.

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107814
03/12/05 12:07 PM
03/12/05 12:07 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Yeah, Sue, I have all that. At first there was NO wait time at all, so I fiddled with all the periscopes, thinking "maybe this is off a miniscule amount...like it's set at 40.0002 or something." Then finally I had to wait for the pellet-maker light (joy) and I thought I had ti right at last. But when I dropped the darn thing, I got the same result I've always got.

So do I have to keep going through this? I'm about to take out the game disc and use it for a frisbee, I hate this game so much. It's really destroyed my enjoyment of the whole Uru concept.

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107815
03/12/05 12:22 PM
03/12/05 12:22 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
I won't suggest using the disc as a frisbee, you could break something that you like........like a lamp.
Once you have dumped a bad batch of pellets, you should be able to make new ones. I'd tell you to send me your game but URU didn't allow that.
I'm stumped. Maybe Dadguy will pop in and see this thread and offer some new suggestions.

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107816
03/13/05 12:45 PM
03/13/05 12:45 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
I've made new pellets about twenty times. None of them work even though I have everything else right.

I take it from your answer that I really DO have to accomplish this; I can't just get a picture of what I'm supposed to be lighing up from somewhere else?

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107817
03/13/05 12:51 PM
03/13/05 12:51 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
WW, I honestly don't know. The light from the dropped pellet lights up an etching in the lower Bahro cave.
See if you can go to the Watchers Sanctuary. There is a huge ball there that is part of another puzzle. It does involve waiting again though.

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107818
03/13/05 04:27 PM
03/13/05 04:27 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
I'm going to try the pellets one more time. But if all that happens in the Bahro cave is that you see the design, I think it likely that it's not absolutely necessary to complete this. I actually read on another forum that it's possible to "complete" POTS without doing Ahnonay and Er'Cana at all.

I've been to the Watcher's Sanctuary and pushed the ball around early in the game--at the very beginning. But I couldn't figure out what was supposed to happen so I left.

The waiting really is a drag (I'm sure you guessed I felt that way wink ). Five minutes probably wouldn't have bothered me, but the whole "625" nonsense....eearrrgh!

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107819
03/13/05 04:36 PM
03/13/05 04:36 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline
texaslady  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Go back to the Watchers Sanctuary, go to the far right corner, you'll be between the clock looking thing and the ball, pull the switch and don't move! To your right you'll see some steps come down from the wall. Once the steps have appeared, climb them and you'll be able to enter the great tree and finish POTS.

Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107820
03/14/05 10:59 AM
03/14/05 10:59 AM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
Good Morning, all:

I finally got the pellets to work! In case anyone else has the same problem, here's what I did: I reset all the ovens to zero, turned the power to themm off and then back on again, and when I set the sliders, I did the ovens in order, according to how they're numbered on the power grid in the control room.

Now I'm going back and forth between the MYST fireplace and the great tree. Gee, when I got to MYST I thought it would be pretty darn obvious what to do with all those patterns I've been collecting, but I haven't managed to make anything happen yet. Don't tell me, I'm sure I'll get it.

Ciao,

WW

Re: URU--POTS--Pellets not working (Er'Cana Dilemma revisted) #107821
03/14/05 03:41 PM
03/14/05 03:41 PM
hunched over my computer
wysewomon Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
wysewomon  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

hunched over my computer
why, thank you!

I had to get help on the patterns. It turned out I had one of the grid positions wrong on one of them (I got the 4X3 one twice and didn't get the 5X3 one at all, if that makes sense.) oops But now I should be good to go. I'm waiting for my other half to come home before finishing the game, though. But at least I can stop being all grouchy about this game and go back to my generally cheery self now!

WW

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 181 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users