GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1079571 - 08/25/16 10:14 AM Obduction Launch Trailer and Screens
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
The long awaited Obduction is released and available!

You can purchase Steam, Gog or Humble version through the official website here.

Check out the screens here.

Check out the launch trailer here.

The soundtrack is available here.

Quote:
SPOKANE, WA (PRWEB) AUGUST 24, 2016

Cyan, Inc., the indie studio best known for the award-winning titles Myst and Riven, today launched their highly-anticipated Kickstarter-backed sci-fi adventure puzzler, Obduction. The game is available for PC download on Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store for $29.99, and will be coming soon to Rift and Mac.

Obduction transports players from the comforts of home on a journey through eerie alien landscapes with odd remnants of strangely familiar pieces of Earth. It features expansive worlds to explore, a deep story to embrace, and cerebral challenges to unravel. Enjoy the just released Obduction launch trailer which teases what lies ahead.

"Obduction provides an evocative and mysterious experience, crafted to induce the same feeling that Myst did - of being dropped into an entirely otherworldly situation, uncovering what happened, and determining what happens next. We really hope that probing these new worlds will give players a rich, satisfying experience," said Rand Miller, co-founder of Cyan. "We are so grateful to our 23,000 backers who made Obduction a reality."

Obduction will be featured in the PAX Indie MEGABOOTH at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Friday, September 2 through Monday, September 5. Fans attending the show are invited to come by to meet the Cyan dev team and play the game on PC and Rift.

About Obduction:

Obduction is a sci-fi adventure puzzler from Cyan, Inc., the legendary creators of the award-winning Myst and Riven titles. The game was Kickstarter-backed by 23,000 devoted fans and lovingly built by a tiny team of developers on Unreal Engine 4. Available for PC on Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store for $29.99, and coming soon to Rift and Mac.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

#1079572 - 08/25/16 10:16 AM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Thanks, Ana. wave

#1079576 - 08/25/16 12:02 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA

Apparently there are some bugs that need fixing, like the load screen bug described in the Steam forum ***here***. Someone in that thread discovered a workaround that has to do with changing the language back and forth.
Originally Posted By: Larsieman1988
Just change your language to anything other than english, restart the game, start a new game and then when you are loaded in just change back to english.

However it doesn't always work, may take more than one try, and you may have to do it every time you restart the game.

The GOG version also has the bug, reported at GOG ***here***.

Expect patches. It seems to be a very common bug.

#1079578 - 08/25/16 12:26 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: Jenny100]
Elentgirl Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: North Wales, UK
Originally Posted By: Jenny100

Apparently there are some bugs that need fixing, like the load screen bug described in the Steam forum

I have just downloaded and launched my version of Obduction, and I'm disappointed. I'm running it in 640x480 mode with all the graphic settings down to 'medium', yet I cannot get it to run smoothly. Whenever I move or turn it jerks and wobbles. I am running it on a reasonably powerful computer which has run recent games like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (with loads of effects) in much higher resolution. When I picked up the lantern near the start, the lantern kept moving in and out and the handle detatching and hovering above the lantern!

I have tried various settings without much success, and playing the game has made me feel a touch queasy with all the constant on-screen motion. If anyone finds a solution, please let me know before I'm sea sick! I was really looking forward to this game, which I supported on Kickstarter, and I'm very upset. frown

Elen

#1079580 - 08/25/16 12:38 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Please post in Glitches for computer issues. thanks

#1079596 - 08/25/16 04:06 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Draclvr Online   content
Hints & Glitches forum Moderator
Adept Boomer

Loc: In Missouri near St. Louis
I'm starting to think we need to just make a thread in the Glitches forum for this game with the required system specs posted! If your computer doesn't meet the specs, it's not going to play the game.

#1079597 - 08/25/16 04:09 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: Draclvr]
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer

Loc: Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks for the info Ana.

#1079602 - 08/25/16 05:24 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

That would be great Drac! I'd be perfectly happy to link to that thread in my main post so they can go directly there. thanks

#1079652 - 08/25/16 10:54 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

Added info to the first thread.

Ana wave

#1079662 - 08/26/16 01:44 AM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks, all, for the info thumbsup Very good to know smile

#1079758 - 08/26/16 03:52 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

I backed Obduction on Kickstarter, and even though I was emailed a Humble link to claim the game, the webpage it took me to only offered a choice of Steam or GOG, not DRM-free at Humble. That was disappointing because I wanted the game linked to my Humble account and not GOG or Steam.

Humble only offers a Steam version for sale for non-backers.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/obduction

Eventually I'm due to get a disc, so I may wait for that.

#1079765 - 08/26/16 04:17 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

I backed the game as well, Jenny, and it just said DRM-Free. It never stated where. I would think most will be thrilled it was a GoG. I for one, am happy it's a Steam. lol

#1079833 - 08/26/16 11:52 PM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Jenny100 Offline
Sonic Boomer

It's a putting all your eggs in one basket thing.

#1079843 - 08/27/16 01:16 AM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer and Screens [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
dianne Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Quesnel b.c.
I backed obduction n kickstarter and got a free download through humble bundle they sent me a link to click on something like http://wwwgog.com /redeem and this big long bunch of numbers and letters I have no idea how this works think I will wait for my boxed copy to arrive. hope that they have a few of the bugs worked out by then. smile

#1079867 - 08/27/16 08:54 AM Re: Obduction Launch Trailer and Screens [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
Sonic Boomer

I don't use GoG. I use Steam. I could tell you how to use your code there, but we will have to wait for a GoG user to explain the other.

Ana wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
8 registered (CanukDenis, TLC, Lex, Draclvr, judith, connie, RebKean, Urban Worrier), 132 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Marinus_Louis, tuna, danait13, mozkito314, LeonDaydreamer
8972 Registered Users