GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Supergirl #1080209
08/29/16 02:53 PM
08/29/16 02:53 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I got the first dvd from netflix. Don't know if I'll continue watching. I don't like the other women characters, I cant stand her "sister". And I don't understand her boss. The woman wants a super hero in her town because she cant stand the Daily Planet in Metropolis having Superman. Yet when she gets one she belittles her at every turn, staring by calling her Supergirl not Superwoman. A girl is not a synonym for woman though she tries to treat it as such. A girl is a child. Same with boy. II think Cat would make a good sith trainer.

Supergirl didn't want to do an interview with her because she figured she'd recognize her as her assistant. She was told she wouldn't because she never really looks at her assistant as a person. Error in judgment that assessment. I think she did recognize her when she met Supergirl and said "oh, its you". Which of course Supergirl failed to take notice of.

Apparently in the second season Lynda Carter, TV's original Wonder Woman is featured as President of the United States.
Alex Kingston aka Doctor Who's River Song has a minor role in Arrow.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 08/29/16 02:59 PM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Supergirl [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1080225
08/29/16 04:52 PM
08/29/16 04:52 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I liked the first season of Super Girl. I like the boss the best!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Supergirl [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1080388
08/30/16 07:28 PM
08/30/16 07:28 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
I love Alex Kingston. smile

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Supergirl [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1082000
09/11/16 09:26 PM
09/11/16 09:26 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
The day after Supergirl disc 2 was sent from Netflix they added it online. So I watched the disc when it arrived then removed the rest of season 1 from my queue and watched the rest of the season online.

There was a silly mistake in the finale episode. In the comic books and in the cartoons superman and therefore supergirl too, did not need oxygen to survive in space. In the next to last episode when Supergirl goes looking for Superman she cant find him because according to a robot in the Fortress of Solitude, he was off world. In other words he flew to another planet.
Click to reveal..
So having supergirl pass out from lack of oxygen and having her need to be rescued by her adopted sister using Supergirls's space pod is stupid. Of course even more lame is the excuse the came up with for why Superman could fall under the mind control. And if he was under the mind control, why wasn't he made to fight his cousin? They took control of him and did nothing with him.

Cat got better. Still don't care for Alex (whom I just learned does not exist in the comics but was invented for the series). I dont like what they did with Winn and its typical of TV writers. He supposed to be in love with Kara/Supergirl but another woman kisses him and he falls into bed with her. Well actually into a closet.

Don't know who or whats in the pod. But its pretty obvious who next human villains will be. Some people simple cannot be cured of prejudice apparently.

Oh there's an episode of Supergirl in which The Flash guest stars. Though it turns out he's from an alternate universe. As the Flash, Green Arrow and the other characters from Arrow and The Flash do not exist in Supergirl's universe, and vice versa. Of course now that Supergirl is becoming a CW series I suppose they could ignore that to have them all meet.

There's a scene i just learned is inside joke. Cat is on the phone turning down a date request from Harrison Ford. She says she doesn't date older men especially when their married. The gag is Calista Flockhart who is 22 years younger than Harrison Ford and plays Cat is married to him.

Kara's short term boyfriend Cat's son Adam was played by Melissa Benoist (Kara/Supergirl)'s real life husband Blake Jenner

Kara's adopted parents are played by Dean Cain (Clark Kent/Superman in Lewis & Clark) and Helen Slater who was Supergirl in the 1984 movie.

The actress who plays Kara's biological mother is actually only 9 years older than Kara.

Tyler Hoechlin who will be Superman in later seasons once dated the actress who played the Arrow's original girlfriend, who later became Black Canary/Black Siren in the Arrow and The Flash.

The character Maxwell Lord (bad guy who appears to turn good in the finale but i expect goes bad next season) was killed in the comics by Wonder Woman (who doesn't share Supergirl or Superman's qualms about killing enemies, what else would you expect from an Amazonian warrior).

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 09/11/16 10:34 PM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 258 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users