GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1081676 - 09/09/16 06:26 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: Mad]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
Yes, the most recent ones aren't chore-based, at least as far as I recall. I think the worst offender for chores was White Wolf of Icicle Creek. smile

#1081678 - 09/09/16 07:01 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: chesnut]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
I don't think the games with chores were limited to any specific year. And I don't know that everyone would agree on what constitutes a "chore." Making beds sure, but what about when the chore is made into a sort of puzzle, like filling bento box orders? I thought making the cake in Shadow Ranch was a chore, but someone else might have enjoyed it. And worst of all were the games you had to play with the monkeys in Ransom of Seven Ships. I don't think those were meant to be a "chore" but they certainly felt like one.

#1081681 - 09/09/16 07:33 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: Jenny100]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Good points, Jenny. It's possible that what one person deems to be a chore, another person finds it to be a puzzle. The word "chore," in and of itself, is somewhat subjective, depending on what a person likes and dislikes.

#1081685 - 09/09/16 07:49 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: 8dognight]
chesnut Offline
Shy Boomer

Loc: San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: 8dognight
Chesnut, have you played any of the Miss Clue games?

I found out about them yesterday and went to the Virtual Family Kingdom where you can play the first game in the Miss Clue games for free. It's definitely a Nancy clone with different voice actors... I am going to check out their October release which takes place in Salem for sure.

#1082124 - 09/12/16 08:25 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: chesnut]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Oh...my...goodness. This is now turning into a Nancy Drew soap opera.

This has been posted on the Miss Clue website:

Quote:
We are proud to announce that Lani Minella will be joining the Miss Clue team for upcoming adventures, beginning with the "Trials of Salem." In the "Trials of Salem," Lani Minella will star as the voice of Caroline Darcy, the mother of Jane Darcy.

In the all new Miss Clue Regency adventure scheduled for release in February of 2017, Lani Minella will be featured as the daughter of Lord Cavendish, the young friend and confidante of Jane, as they unravel a mystery which takes them from Pemberley to Amsterdam!

Watch the Miss Clue homepage for our exciting interview with Lani Minella coming up soon!

I never saw this one coming.

#1082127 - 09/12/16 08:48 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: chesnut]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Quote:
We are proud to announce that Lani Minella will be joining the Miss Clue team...

That's interesting.
It might be worth checking out if they get Lani and some other good voice actors.

#1082139 - 09/12/16 11:15 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: chesnut]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
How awesome! I think you need to make that a new thread Marian. Lots would love to know this!

#1082140 - 09/12/16 11:16 PM Re: I miss Nancy [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Will do, Ana. wave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
11 registered (CanukDenis, Sorta Blonde, oldbroad, Cue, curly, CaptainD, chrissie, JDE, Gimme, 1 invisible), 182 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Georgia, Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12
8966 Registered Users