GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Tuesday's #1082921
09/19/16 10:37 PM
09/19/16 10:37 PM
Calera, Oklahoma
gymcandy1 Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
gymcandy1  Offline OP
Joe's Diner Proprietor
Sonic Boomer

Calera, Oklahoma
ERNEST HEMINGWAY

Never mistake motion for action
``````````````

Blood may be thicker than water, but baseball beats them both. I learned this after explaining to my two boys that they were half-Lithuanian on their father’s side, and half-Yankee, meaning their other set of parents came from an old New England family.

My younger son looked worried. "But we’re still a hundred percent Red Sox, right, Mom?"

``````````````````````

Back at my high school for the tenth reunion, I met my old coach. Walking through the gym, we came upon a plaque on which I was still listed as the record holder for the longest softball throw.

Noticing my surprise, the coach said, "That record will stand forever."

I was about to make some modest disclaimer that records exist to be broken, when he added, "We stopped holding that event years ago."

`````````````````
It was the first day of basketball practice at Wingate high school in Brooklyn, N.Y. Coach Jack Kaminer handed a ball to each player. "Fellas," he said, "I want you to practice shooting from the spots you might expect to be in during the game."

The No. 12 sub immediately sat down on the bench and began arcing the ball toward the basket.

``````````````````````

I played for a semipro baseball team. At every game we sold raffle tickets. Half the money paid the team’s expenses and the other half went to the winning ticket holder. One day they held the drawing just as I was stepping up to bat.

The home plate umpire pulled the winning ticket, and then turned to me. "Could you read me the number?" he asked. "My vision’s not too good."

```````````````

Standing on the sidelines, during a game being played by my school’s football team, I saw one of the players take a hard hit. He tumbled to the ground and didn’t move.

We grabbed our first-aid gear and rushed out onto the field. The coach picked up the young man’s hand and urged, "Son, can you hear me? Squeeze once for yes and twice for no."

```````````````

On a Saturday afternoon when football fever was running high in South Bend, Indiana, a Notre Dame student was brought into the hospital where I was on duty as a nurse. He had acute appendicitis, and as I prepared him for surgery I asked if he wasn’t terribly disappointed to miss the big game.

"Oh, I won’t miss it," he said. "Doc is giving me a spinal anesthetic so I can listen to it during the operation!"

```````````````

A friend of mine had resisted efforts to get him to run with our jogging group until his doctor told him he had to exercise. Soon thereafter, he reluctantly joined us for our 5:30 a.m. jogs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

After a month of running, we decided that my friend might be hooked, especially when he said he had discovered what "runner’s euphoria" was. "Runner’s euphoria," he explained, "is what I feel at 5:30 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays."

`````````````````

About to have a blood test, I nervously waited while the nurse tightened a tourniquet around my arm. "I understand you’re from Oklahoma," she said. "Are you a Sooners fan?"

"Absolutely!" I replied.

"Well," she continued as she raised the needle, "this may hurt a little. I’m from Nebraska."

````````````````

My husband bought an exercise machine to help him shed a few pounds. He set it up in the basement but didn’t use it much, so he moved it to the bedroom. It gathered dust there, too, so he put it in the living room.

Weeks later I asked how it was going. “I was right,” he said. “I do get more exercise now. Every time I close the drapes, I have to walk around the machine.”

`````````````````

Driving home dejected from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, after a Mississippi-Louisiana State college football game that Ole Miss had lost 24-0, I was ignoring the speed limit and, sure enough, a Louisiana patrolman flagged me down. "You’ve got me, Officer," I confessed as I handed him my license. "I was speeding."

The officer confirmed that I was clocked at 72 m.p.h. But as he spoke, I noticed him stealing a peek at my game program and a pair of binoculars on the passenger seat. "Were you down for the big game?" he asked.

"Yes, sir," I replied. The officer then paused for what seemed like an eternity.

"Well," he said finally, "I guess you’ve suffered enough."

I couldn’t believe my good fortune. But as my license was handed back to me, I felt compelled to ask a question. "Officer," I said, "what if Ole Miss had won?"

"I’d have locked you up in a heartbeat," came his reply. "Now keep it under 60!"

```````````````````

Good morning everyboomie. welcome

It's the day after...........something, and the day before tomorrow. thumbsup

It's two days until Fall starts, and I haven't had one single leaf in my yard yet. smirk

I think next Spring I'll plant some trees. razz

I need the shade BEFORE the leaves fall. snicker

The way things are going now, I'm going to save money this Winter. hamster

I won't need to buy any ice melt. woot

Have a happy day everyone. bravo

joe

There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.

William Butler Yeats
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1082925
09/19/16 11:21 PM
09/19/16 11:21 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
lol Do you want me to tell your neighbors to dump some leaves in your yard so you don't feel left out?

Have a happy day Joe and all! Not a clue what I'm doing today. Yesterday was clean and defrost my upright freezer in the garage. Glad thats over!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1082937
09/20/16 04:28 AM
09/20/16 04:28 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
fall Good Morning Joe, Ana and everyone. Coffee and tea are ready.
Wishing you all a great day! fall

Gerry
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1082944
09/20/16 07:01 AM
09/20/16 07:01 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning everyone, have a Great Tuesday. Dinner and karaoke at Panda tonight. One of our Florida team won first prize in the Vegas competition. thumbsup Danish, BB Pancakes, and French Toast in the NC. fall

Connie
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1082950
09/20/16 07:50 AM
09/20/16 07:50 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Good Morning Boomers kitty

Joe, Not having to rake is cool!

Ana, glad you got your freezer defrosted. Gerry, coffee sounds inviting this morning.

Connie, enjoy your night at the Panda.

I'll be taking a nice walk with Nina this morning. Then it's whatever the day brings. Happy day wishes to all! puppy

Gail
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1082976
09/20/16 11:48 AM
09/20/16 11:48 AM
northern Wisconsin
auntiegram Offline
Adept Boomer
auntiegram  Offline
Adept Boomer

northern Wisconsin
Joe, I can send you all the leaves you want. lol Thanks for the laughs!!

Ana have a fun filled day!!!

Gerry thanks for the coffee and tea!

Connie how cool is that for them to win!! Have fun tonight! Thanks for the Danish!

Gail enjoy your walk and have fun what ever you find to do!!

May you all have a lovely day!

wave
Nan

Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1082988
09/20/16 03:12 PM
09/20/16 03:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Terrific Tuesday ya'll puppy

Been up and busy. Daughter just called. She is broke down in Grainfield, KS....hmmmmm.

Off to cook books! wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Tuesday's [Re: looney4labs] #1082990
09/20/16 03:31 PM
09/20/16 03:31 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Good afternoon Boomers. wave2

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Tuesday's [Re: gymcandy1] #1083005
09/20/16 04:15 PM
09/20/16 04:15 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Afternoon, Space. How was your day?

edit: Daughter called. Car is fixed and they are on the road again hamster

Last edited by looney4labs; 09/20/16 04:37 PM.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Tuesday's [Re: looney4labs] #1083025
09/20/16 09:09 PM
09/20/16 09:09 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
I'm glad the car problems got fixed looney. smile

Good night Boomers. sleep

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Urban Worrier), 241 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users