GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
peril in pemberly #1084548
10/02/16 10:40 PM
10/02/16 10:40 PM
bridgeport,ct
christy071 Offline OP
Settled Boomer
christy071  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

bridgeport,ct
hi all I am trying to do the astrolabe puzzle the one right before going to get and change notes I hope someone knows how to do this the paper I have in my inventory has a different date than the one the guy uses on you tube and he just guesses do I need the same date as him or are the dates random please somebody anybody help

christine071
Re: peril in pemberly [Re: christy071] #1084550
10/02/16 10:58 PM
10/02/16 10:58 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
On the blog of Arglefumph (the guy who did the video walkthrough), he said that the astrolabe puzzle didn't make a whole lot of sense to him.

I suggest that you try looking at this thread on the Miss Clue forums to see if that will help you. If not, there may well be other posts on their forum about this - there seem to be several pages of comments. Apparently there is also more than one astrolabe puzzle in this game, too.

Re: peril in pemberly [Re: christy071] #1084815
10/05/16 04:50 PM
10/05/16 04:50 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
The numbers on the left dial move in increments of 7, mine did anyway. My fuzzy sense of this is that the crucial thing was to get the final number in the year right because it is the one that seemed to me to govern time of day for the meeting. I did eventually get the right numbers plugged in although I am not sure that I actually solved the puzzle because I was going stupidly for 1766 when (perhaps) I should have tried for 1765. I got to 1765 because when I overshot 8/30 adding by 7 on the left, I would then set the date back a year or more (and sometimes forward) to try to change the days so that a plus seven would land on 23 then 30. I think but am not positive that my note was 8/30 and the left dial on 20 and the right on 11.

For all I know, the puzzle solved itself after I had monkeyed with it for long enough to trigger a skip.

EDIT: I just replayed that portion because I had saved at a convenient spot and what I described above does work. The puzzle is clever and soluble once you realize that the last numeral in the year is the time of day. Oh, and get the time of the day right.

Or maybe not.

You probably can get your two numbers in by trying to plug them into every year. In other words, use the the right hand dial to set a year, then use the left to try to reach your two numbers and so on until you get there.

Last edited by 8dognight; 10/05/16 05:45 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 356 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users