GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#1085736 - 10/13/16 04:34 PM Re: nancy drew midnight in salem [Re: family]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: near Yosemite in California
They have also released an October newsletter, which reads as follows:

Quote:
OCTOBER LETTER FROM HER INTERACTIVE

Dear Nancy Drew fans –

Happy Autumn everyone! Halloween is right around the corner and thus we felt it was an appropriate time to release an update on Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem.

While we have made significant progress concerning the script, character concepts and artwork in the game during the last 12 months, we’re simply not as far along in the overall development of the game as we originally anticipated. Bottom line, we are not in a position to confirm a launch date for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem. We understand that many fans, due to the theme, thought this game would be released in time for Halloween but that is simply not the case. Please be assured that as soon as we are able to provide a release date, we will communicate it to the entire Nancy Drew universe. We sincerely appreciate your patience during this transitional period for the company.

As many of you know, our immediate focus has been on the recently launched Nancy Drew: Codes & Clues mobile series. Our inspiration for this new series for early learners was in part due to our amazing fan testimonials about how our games have inspired your interest in STEM education and careers. As you have undoubtedly noticed, coding has become a very hot topic, and an essential 21st century skill. We are excited that a much younger Nancy Drew is becoming such a positive STEM role model for girls across the globe.

In the meantime, we hope that you will take the time to play our 32 other PC/Mac titles, and that you will also try or recommend to family and friends our new Nancy Drew mobile app on iOS and Android – Nancy Drew: Codes & Clues.

Thank you for your ongoing support of HeR Interactive and Nancy Drew Games. We greatly appreciate our fantastic community and your notes of encouragement.

Sincerely,

Team HeR Interactive

PS: We always love hearing from our fans, so please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts, questions, or ideas with us.

At least they are finally saying *something*. It doesn't sound like the new game will be out until next year sometime, though.

#1085829 - 10/14/16 03:31 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: family]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Michigan
I received my Nancy Drew Newsletter today. No release date but Nov. 1 seems plausible! It's been a long long wait! Hopefully HerInteractive will go back to producing 2 new games a year as they have in the past. I have always thought that Salem would be a perfect venue for a Nancy Drew game.I sure do hope that Midnight In Salem will be worth the wait!Happy Halloween everyone! Jackpumpkin

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)

#1085831 - 10/14/16 03:55 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: Penny Lane]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Nice to see you, Marlene. thumbsup

I don't think November 1st is a plausible release date at all, though I wish that were the case. Unless they are misrepresenting their progress in order to surprise fans, it sounds like the game is still a good ways off. wave

#1085862 - 10/14/16 08:22 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: family]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Hi Marian!
Yes , I think you're right. I was referring to earlier posts that October was out of the question so I guess it is wishful thinking on my part to hope for a November release. What in the heck is going on with HerInteractive? I never really got to know the facts. If they keep this up people will lose interest. I have been a faithful customer and have all of the ND games. What we are getting is the shaft! Shame on them! Was the company bought out or something? What is the hold up ? I do know that Lani Minella well no longer portray Nancy. That right there will be hard to get used to. But I think that was Lani's decision? Well, thanks for your input and hopefully we will get our new game before the year is over. Those good old days of two games a year seem to be history! smirk

#1085865 - 10/14/16 08:30 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: Penny Lane]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

It wasn't Lani's decision to leave; the company decided they wanted a different voice for Nancy. Her Interactive has been going in a new direction and thus far their loyal fans are not seeing anything to jump for joy about. They have branched out and released a mobile app for kids, which has taken up most of their time for the last year. I don't think the company will ever be the old company that we remember, with 2 adventure games released per year. I believe those days are gone for good, unfortunately. It was great while it lasted. The company got a new CEO in 2015, a lot of staff was laid off, and it was decided that sweeping changes needed to be made.

A lot of the loyal fan base feel they have gotten the shaft - you are not alone in this feeling.

I think that Midnight in Salem was basically put on hold while they focused on the mobile app for kids, Codes and Clues, and thus no adventure game as yet.

#1085867 - 10/14/16 08:40 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: family]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Oh! I am so sorry that Lani was dumped. I hadn't realized how many changes were going on at Her Interactive. Seems like these things happen when some "genius" takes over. I am almost tempted not to purchase Midnight in Salem. But I probably will just to see what they've done. Stupid Stupid people! mad

#1085868 - 10/14/16 08:46 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: Penny Lane]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

And speaking of Lani Minella, you might be interested in this as well.

We also did an interview with Lani, which you can read here. She talks a little about being "let go" from Her Interactive.

#1085871 - 10/14/16 09:03 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: family]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

Thanks Marian! wave

#1088776 - 11/07/16 01:17 PM : nancy drew midnight in salem
optimusprime1 Offline
Shy Boomer

Does anybody know if Nancy drew midnight in salem pc when its sapposed to be out

#1088779 - 11/07/16 01:34 PM Re: : nancy drew midnight in salem [Re: family]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
charlene, same answer as earlier in the thread. No one knows one yet. When we do, it will be posted.

#1088785 - 11/07/16 02:48 PM Re: : nancy drew midnight in salem [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

I have something to add to this.

In the past week or so, someone posted a question on the Amateur Sleuth Blog of Her Interactive, asking the employee of Her Interactive who actually writes the Amateur Sleuth Blog, if they could confirm or deny that Midnight in Salem was actually being *worked* on - and the response was that she could neither confirm or deny this. This, after having put the game up on their product page, no less.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions, then, as to the status of Midnight in Salem.

#1088786 - 11/07/16 03:11 PM Re: : nancy drew midnight in salem [Re: family]
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Administrator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
rotfl All I can do is laugh Marian!

#1088787 - 11/07/16 03:26 PM Re: : nancy drew midnight in salem [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

That is no doubt the best reaction for the sake of the mental health of Nancy Drew fans everywhere, Ana. slapforehead lol

#1088799 - 11/07/16 06:38 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: Penny Lane]
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: southeast USA
Originally Posted By: Penny Lane
Oh! I am so sorry that Lani was dumped. I hadn't realized how many changes were going on at Her Interactive. Seems like these things happen when some "genius" takes over. I am almost tempted not to purchase Midnight in Salem. But I probably will just to see what they've done. Stupid Stupid people! mad

You may want to check the system requirements before you buy.
They decided to change to a 3D game engine, so system requirements that can be met by pretty much any Nancy Drew fan with a computer are probably a thing of the past.

#1088812 - 11/07/16 08:44 PM Re: midnight in salem [Re: Jenny100]
Penny Lane Offline
Settled Boomer

I am hoping that since upgrading to Windows 10 that the game will be compatible. It seems like HER is trying it's best to sabotage their own company. What a mess!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
6 registered (TeaMonster, Sorta Blonde, soot, Sherlock, CanukDenis, Winfrey), 107 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Hispoiema, MorpheusDev, NDFan1994, OlderGamer12, Fingon
8965 Registered Users