GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella #1082142
09/12/16 11:20 PM
09/12/16 11:20 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
You can read about the Miss Clue games here.

Today, they made this announcement about Lani Minella (the former voice of Nancy Drew):

Quote:
We are proud to announce that Lani Minella will be joining the Miss Clue team for upcoming adventures, beginning with the "Trials of Salem." In the "Trials of Salem," Lani Minella will star as the voice of Caroline Darcy, the mother of Jane Darcy.

In the all new Miss Clue Regency adventure scheduled for release in February of 2017, Lani Minella will be featured as the daughter of Lord Cavendish, the young friend and confidante of Jane, as they unravel a mystery which takes them from Pemberley to Amsterdam!

Watch the Miss Clue homepage for our exciting interview with Lani Minella coming up soon!

I found this to be very interesting news. wave

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082145
09/12/16 11:34 PM
09/12/16 11:34 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
That is very exciting indeed, Marian! I really hope the games are a hit!

Thanks for your sleuthing out the news!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1082167
09/13/16 08:13 AM
09/13/16 08:13 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I imagine the voice of Lani Minella will act as a huge draw !! bravo

Thanks for the news, Marian smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082186
09/13/16 11:52 AM
09/13/16 11:52 AM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Wonderful! bravo
Thanks Marian!

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: MaG] #1082221
09/13/16 04:37 PM
09/13/16 04:37 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Upper Arlington, Ohio
thanks Marian

It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082299
09/14/16 01:24 PM
09/14/16 01:24 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
I hope this means VFK has a serious stake in and commitment to upping the quality.

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082370
09/15/16 08:58 AM
09/15/16 08:58 AM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
Thank you Marian.

Gail
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082394
09/15/16 01:28 PM
09/15/16 01:28 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
As I said in the ***I miss Nancy*** thread,
Originally Posted By: Jenny100
It might be worth checking out if they get Lani and some other good voice actors.

I liked the graphics well enough, the voices not so much --
They sounded more like people reading a script than real people.
I've been spoiled by BBC productions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FatZXMKv6xI
vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXY7LgEXwy0

I expect there will be quite a void left by the change in Nancy Drew though.
HerInteractive will lose their core audience and that audience will be looking for a replacement for the old Nancy Drew.

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Jenny100] #1082569
09/17/16 02:59 AM
09/17/16 02:59 AM
Wales
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Wales
Well that's enough for me to check out the Miss Clue games. Thanks for the news.

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082660
09/18/16 04:59 AM
09/18/16 04:59 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Thanks for the news Marian! thumbsup

Gerry
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082680
09/18/16 10:06 AM
09/18/16 10:06 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
I've bought and installed the game. While I agree with Marian about production values vis a vis the BBC, if I compare Peril in Pemberley to vaguely similar casual games (Remember the one that got you married off to the odious vicar if you were too polite?) and even to some of the less engaging Nancy Drews, then Peril in Pemberley is acceptable; if I compare to casual games in general and even to adventure games in general, then Peril in Pemberley looks and feels surprisingly good. Tugging on the tasseled bell rope for the maid--not my maid alone apparently, Pemberley is seriously understaffed--was amusing. Also I chuckled at mysterious and effete Cousin Clement's doggerel. A groom so discrete as to be unseen brought round my horse, whose tack was authentic, so well done I could almost smell the leather.

On the downside, the problems with narrative and immersion go deeper than voice acting although it's true that if the voice acting were better I might not notice other issues. For example, Jane says she is going to Lambton to look at the shops, which she does not do, instead she talks to her friend Kitty. I am willing to accept this unlikely but not entirely impossible for the times friendship for the sake of the story. For the same reason, I will also go along with the young detective's obvious fib about her intentions while out. What rankles as a player entering into a contractual relation of willing suspension of disbelief with the developers is not getting to see the promised shops unless I am let in on Jane's unspoken intentions beforehand and maybe not even then. I am playing because I am an Austen fan. If a modern detective skipped the mall in favor of a bento box shop, I would not care, indeed I would be grateful. Don't promise me the writer Jane Austen's version of shops in Regency England and blithely ignore the promise.

Sidesaddles: I just checked. The sidesaddle seems to be from 50 or 60 years after the costumes. That's okay by me. I don't mind anachronisms that look great. Detective Jane's flat model is probably much safer than the higher cantled, slipper stirruped version of the period at least according to what I've read so I will credit her parents with being forward thinking on the subject of riding safety. Here is a paragraph on the safety of sidesaddles from the Regency Redingote:

After the changes introduced by Catherine de Medici, it was to be another two centuries before any further changes were made to the design of the side-saddle, improving both its safety and its comfort. The ladies of the Regency were not to benefit from any of those design improvements, as they were all introduced after the death of King George IV, the erstwhile Prince Regent. Regency ladies would ride side-saddle much as Catherine had done, by placing their right thigh between the two horns or crutches of the saddle. They would bend the right knee so that their right foot was in front of their left leg, about twelve inches above their left foot, which rested in the single slipper stirrup. By the end of the eighteenth century the seat of the side-saddle was designed to be wider and to slope at an angle down from the front to the back, to accommodate the supposed greater fleshiness of the feminine derriere. The higher cantle at the back helped to keep the lady from slipping off the saddle when riding a rough-gaited horse or when going over a jump. But only a horsewoman with superb balance would be able to maintain her seat and keep control of her horse while riding on such a saddle at any speed, over rough ground or taking a jump. For that reason, many women did not choose to hunt or even routinely gallop their horses, at least while riding aside, that is, on a side-saddle.

Last edited by 8dognight; 09/19/16 10:11 AM.
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: 8dognight] #1082683
09/18/16 10:20 AM
09/18/16 10:20 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
8dognight, thanks for the observations about the game. It sounds like it has potential but that there's definitely room for improvement. smile

I suspect that Trials of Salem will have quite a few more players due to the fact that Midnight in Salem still does not have a release date and that Lani has been added to the voice actors.

EDIT: The interview with Lani is now on the Miss Clue website.

Last edited by Marian; 09/18/16 05:48 PM. Reason: added comment
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1082743
09/18/16 06:20 PM
09/18/16 06:20 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks for the headsup Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1085870
10/14/16 09:02 PM
10/14/16 09:02 PM
Michigan
Penny Lane Offline
Addicted Boomer
Penny Lane  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan
Originally Posted By: Marian
You can read about the Miss Clue games here.

Today, they made this announcement about Lani Minella (the former voice of Nancy Drew):

Quote:
We are proud to announce that Lani Minella will be joining the Miss Clue team for upcoming adventures, beginning with the "Trials of Salem." In the "Trials of Salem," Lani Minella will star as the voice of Caroline Darcy, the mother of Jane Darcy.

In the all new Miss Clue Regency adventure scheduled for release in February of 2017, Lani Minella will be featured as the daughter of Lord Cavendish, the young friend and confidante of Jane, as they unravel a mystery which takes them from Pemberley to Amsterdam!

Watch the Miss Clue homepage for our exciting interview with Lani Minella coming up soon!

I found this to be very interesting news. wave

That sounds good! Thanks Marian!

Vulgarity is no substitute for wit..------ Lady Violet Crawley (Downton Abbey)

Marlene aka Penny Lane (Paul McCartney fan)
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Penny Lane] #1103772
03/13/17 09:15 PM
03/13/17 09:15 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
A new announcement from the company:

Quote:
Exciting News For All Miss Clue Fans!

Development has been underway for dramatic improvements to Miss Clue! These include remarkable enhancements which make Miss Clue even more exciting and immersive than ever!

Graphics

Amazing HD Graphics with stunning environments and atmospheres plunge you into a whole new level of realism! Opening up expansive areas to investigate and explore!
Navigation

As part of this upgrade, you now have the ability to customize your gameplay experience with three different Navigation Modes!

Cinematic Mode (Classic Navigation)
Walk Motion Mode
Glide Motion Mode

Interface

Another expansion is the option to choose either the Classic Framed Interface or the new Frameless Translucent Interface.
Sleuthing

Enhancements create new ways to inspect and interact with items which will expand your Super Sleuthing abilities! Making searching for and finding clues even more thrilling!
BETA Testing!

To give you an early sneak-peek at these new features, we have created a Mini-Mystery, building on the events of Trials of Salem and Peril in Pemberley!

In this Mini-Mystery, Jane explores the attics of Pemberley, in search of the painting of Edward Darcy and Caroline Villiers, that Aunt Catherine describes in Trials of Salem!

Be prepared for surprises in this amazing new Mini-Mystery!

And thanks for participating in this exciting BETA Test!

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1103773
03/13/17 09:22 PM
03/13/17 09:22 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Sounds like it's coming together much better the ND games! lol

Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1103775
03/13/17 09:35 PM
03/13/17 09:35 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Sounds like it's coming together much better the ND games! lol

Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

My thoughts too, Ana. And today on the Amateur Sleuth Blog of HeR Interactive, it was stated, "Midnight in Salem is still in our plans."

You know, I have a plan to retire someday, too... I may not ever be able to, but it's a nice plan... rolleyes

Re: Miss Clue mystery game series welcomes Lani Minella [Re: Marian] #1103784
03/13/17 10:24 PM
03/13/17 10:24 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
"still in our plans" doesn't sound like something that is being actively worked on.

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Orion, OrleansBelle, soot, connie), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users