GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Mafia III #1085224
10/09/16 12:24 AM
10/09/16 12:24 AM
Lost in the Arizona Desert
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Hi All,
This game just came out yesterday and I downloaded it. It is 40GB and it took me about 20 hours to download it. (My download speed is between 4 and 6 mbps)

So I played through what I guess is a prologue and then the first scene of the main character coming home. Already had two driving episodes so it will probably be filled with driving which is probably my weakest area in these games.

The graphics are great and the acting is great as well. The combat is pretty similar to Mafia III.

This game is about a character coming home from Vietnam while Mafia II was after WWII. The character in Mafia II was depicted as probably Italian American, while the Character in Mafia III is African American.

I'll probably have more comments after I get further into the game but I don't know how soon that will be as I am in the middle of Two Worlds II and just started Mafia III to have a look at it. I don't know I may abandon TWII and dive into Mafia III.

Decisions Decisions> think duh

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Re: Mafia III [Re: oldman] #1085252
10/09/16 10:37 AM
10/09/16 10:37 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks for the look into Mafia III. You have a tough decision to make about what to play. wave

Re: Mafia III [Re: oldman] #1086689
10/21/16 04:36 AM
10/21/16 04:36 AM
oldman Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
oldman  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Well I've gotten further into the game now and I'm enjoying it somewhat. The only thing I really like better than Mafia II is the graphics and of course newer games are going to have improved graphics.

I prefer the music from the post WWII era rather than post Vietnam era but I'm sure that's a generation thing.

Click to reveal..
I've gotten past the point where the main character almost dies and is healed by the priest and has joined his best friend for revenge

There is no manual save system at all and you have to rely on checkpoints and the autosave system which I really hate.

A lot of driving in this game but probably the same as in previous Mafia games. All in all I'm rather enjoying the game and will go through to the end but I do prefer Mafia II.

If you enjoyed the previous Mafia games you will enjoy this one.

You laugh because I'm different
I laugh because you're all the same

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

John
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, Pandora), 324 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users