GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Scream (the tv series) #1091084
11/28/16 05:00 PM
11/28/16 05:00 PM
Lincoln, NE
GuybrushThreepwood Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
GuybrushThreepwood  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I'm long past being a teenanger, have never been a fan of slasher films (the original Pyscho is suspense not horror), and have never actually seen Scream movie/ But I watched the pilot of the TV series streaming on Netflix and found it to be a decent whodonit. The pilot gives some background. Set in the same town and highschool were a serial killer (or mass murderer according to one characters since it happend all in one night) was on the lose 20 years ago (1994). "Daisy" the killer's infatuation is now the town coroner. Her exhusband, the only surviving victim, is no longer in town (as far as anybody knows). After the first murder their daughter starts receiving phone calls from the killer. The local police chief (mistakenly called a Sheriff by writers who apparently dont know that a sheriff is a county official and does not answer to a mayor) suspects a student the audience knows was actually the first victim.

The series actually pokes fun at itself with one character, Noah explaining to his classmates why you can't have a slasher movie become a TV series. He says a series would need lots of filler. And he's right, it does. Lot of stuff going on with these high school students.

The plot at least in first season does involve smart phones, computers and the internet, so it some times reminds me of Black Mirror in its showing of the abuse of technology and not just by the killer.

After 4 of 10 episodes of the first season I don't yet have a prime suspect. There are many possibilities. As one character pointed out a smart phone app could be used to make a woman sound male so can't rule out that its a woman, although female serial killers are rare in the real world.

One of the characters is played by same actress who plays Trubel in Grimm.

Oops into episode 5 and may have a suspect.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11/28/16 05:18 PM.

Currently Playing:
Adventure Game: Broken Age
Darkside: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091090
11/28/16 05:34 PM
11/28/16 05:34 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I liked the movies, but I not watching the series. Glad you are enjoying it.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091092
11/28/16 06:08 PM
11/28/16 06:08 PM
Hillegom, ZH, NL
J
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer
Jarkeld  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Hillegom, ZH, NL
I'm at ep 5 but the actress playing Trubel isn't in this series. I think you mean Bex Taylor-Klaus, she does looks a bit like Jaqueline Toboni. As a series I like it. It's difficult to make a movie into a good tv series. I hope the new A Series of Unfortunate Events will be better than the movie.

Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091094
11/28/16 07:14 PM
11/28/16 07:14 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
My mistake. But she was in Arrow, I just looker her up.

I'm up too episode 8 and the stress on Emma, I wouldn't be surprised if in another season she cracked and went from serial killer's punching bag to serial killer.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11/28/16 07:16 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091103
11/28/16 08:56 PM
11/28/16 08:56 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Just finished first season. And I was right about the killer.

Season 2 is going in an interesting direction with some of the survivors, but I don't know if I can stand Emma's constant whinning, as if no one else went through hell. At this point I'm not looking forward to her learning about the first murder of this season. Just like the first the audience knows someone has been murdered long before their friends and family.

My prediction for second series killer:
Click to reveal..
Kieran Wilcox, Emma Duval's second boyfriend.

To avoid spoilers I'm being careful not to read posts on the imdb. But I did notice that the title of one was someone lobbying for making Noah the killer in season 3. That's a horrible idea. Making the tech nerd who's fascinated will serial killers a serial killer is far too obvious. It was easy enough for me to recognize the season 1 killer. I suspected the person immediately. And something they said to Emma, confirmed it. (Since everybody talks to Emma that's not a spoiler). If Emma was a better listener she'd know who the killers are.

I think the clues are all there. If you pay close enough attention. Which is why I have season 2 suspect. Of course I do sometimes get fooled by red herrings, but that's fun too.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11/30/16 04:04 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091501
12/03/16 01:36 AM
12/03/16 01:36 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
I was right again.

Season 2 ran for 12 episodes and was followed by a 2 hour special which Netflix has as episode 13.

Oh every season the voice of the killer on the phone is the same voice actor even though the killers are different characters each season. Apparently the killers all use the same voice altering app.

Scream is scheduled to return for a third season in 2017 although at this point its set to be 6 episodes.

Currently Playing:
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091527
12/03/16 12:24 PM
12/03/16 12:24 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Guybrush, of course they all use the same app rotfl12

Last edited by looney4labs; 12/03/16 12:24 PM.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091528
12/03/16 12:27 PM
12/03/16 12:27 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Guybrush, do you watch Scream Queens too? It's a lighthearted version. :grin:

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1091569
12/03/16 06:54 PM
12/03/16 06:54 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Apparently there's an app store for serial killers. Where they get their voice modifier app and the hacker apps that let them spy on their targets through everybody else's electronic devices. And assign other peoples names, email addresses and ISP adresses to their systems so they can mimic the people they're trying to set up as the fall guys, er girls.

I guess there are advantages to my still having a dumb flip phone. :)

In the special the survivors plus one new guy and one new girl are on an island that has its own legend of a homicidal maniac. And of course people get brutally murdered by someone in a mask. The killer is the most obvious of them all.
Click to reveal..
Any guy Emma likes is either A) a victim or B) the murderer.

John Karna who plays Noah claims that the original plan was for Noah to be the series 1 killer but at some point the show runners changed their minds. According to other sources, they were actually pressured into changing the killer by MTV because Noah was a fan favorite they wanted to keep. What I cant believe are the claims that the series 2 killer wasn't chosen in advance. All the evidence from season 1 points to who the series 1 accomplice and series 2 killer had to be. No other ending would have made sense. The claim is that different people were actually responsible for each series and that in fact the team is changing again for season 3.

Since season 3 is only scheduled for 6 episodes it seems likely to me that any of the regular characters Emma, Audrey, Noah and Brooke could die or be the killer. I still think Emma should snap and be the killer.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 12/03/16 11:16 PM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1110100
05/11/17 09:40 AM
05/11/17 09:40 AM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Season 3 is apparently going to be a reboot, new cast, new location. So seems Emma, Audrey, Noah and Brooke are safe. Wont be victim or killer. Of course the actors are now out of work.

Season 2 apparently had half as many viewers as 1 and MTV is hoping rebooting will save the series. Doubtful. What will actually happen is they'll lose the fan base who will now be annoyed unanswered questions will be left unanswered. Like who killed season 2's serial killer at the start of the Halloween special? Why was Emma's father standing over series 2 killer's grave? And is Mr. James who just arrived in town connected to Brandon James, the town's original serial killer? Could he actually BE Brandon James? We will never know now.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 05/11/17 09:47 AM.

Currently Playing:
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1110111
05/11/17 11:38 AM
05/11/17 11:38 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
It's hard to understand what producers are thinking some times. wavegirl

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1110133
05/11/17 04:22 PM
05/11/17 04:22 PM
Hillegom, ZH, NL
J
Jarkeld Offline
Settled Boomer
Jarkeld  Offline
Settled Boomer
J

Hillegom, ZH, NL
Very disappointing. The series as is was enjoyable and left quite a few questions we want answered.

Re: Scream (the tv series) [Re: GuybrushThreepwood] #1147798
04/09/18 08:09 PM
04/09/18 08:09 PM
Lincoln, NE
Addicted Boomer
Addicted Boomer

Lincoln, NE
Still no date for season 3 but its only going to be a 6 episode reboot. So I guess season 2 cliff hangers will not be resolved.

Everyone is new, show runner, producers, cast even the voice of the killer is no longer Mike Vaughn but is Roger L. Jackson who apparently was actually the voice of the killers in the films. Running gag of the first two seasons was the insane killers kept using the same voice app to disguise their real voices.

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 04/09/18 08:22 PM.

Currently Playing:
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 355 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users