GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Titanic - Adventure out of time #109297
09/09/05 02:53 PM
09/09/05 02:53 PM
Kearny, NJ
E
El Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
El  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
E

Kearny, NJ
Hi:
Am totally stumpted on this. I'm on second section of walkthrough by Malcolm Schmidt, listed in Gameboomers Walkthroughs, (Finding the Painting) and have to find the Cargo Hold on B Deck. I have tried from so many places on the ship & cannot find it. Please, please help me with directions to it & where to start from.
Eternally grateful in advance.

El

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109298
09/09/05 02:59 PM
09/09/05 02:59 PM
MaG Offline
Sonic Boomer
MaG  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Use the map and the directions stated here.

CARGO HOLD (B DECK)

Use the map to get to the Grand Staircase on A Deck
↑ ↑ then through the door to A Deck Promenade
→ → ↑ → then down the stairs to B Deck
→ → ↑ ← ← then down the stairs to the Forecastle Deck
↑ → ↑ then through the door ↑ → → and through the second (middle) door

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109302
09/10/05 07:13 PM
09/10/05 07:13 PM
Kearny, NJ
E
El Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
El  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
E

Kearny, NJ
Hi Lady K, thanks for the support, but......I'm stuck again. On W/T (Malcolm Schmidt) - "Finding the Neclace" section - I'm in so frustrated.

First,--- I went to Cargo Hold & found only the frame for the painting. (W/T says it's OK, I'll have another chance later to retrieve it).

Second,--- found Snethells & tells me to go the Squash Court "but first" go out onto Boat Deck Port side & find Penny Pringle on 1st class promenade. Well..... she's not there to tell me about Zeitel & Barbicon conversing on the aft end of the ship.

Tried & tried again, she's not there to tell me all this (although I did eavesdroped on their conversation like she said to do)so I don't know if its vital for her to tell me this because I did eavesdrop in on them).

If that's not a problem, then "this is" ......

Third,---- It says to go from Aft stairs & exit on starboard side (?????) & head aft.
I'm suppose to meet Georgia telling me of her husband's estate being sold off & sasks me to to to her cabin. Well..... Georgia is nowhere to be found (unless she's having a shipboard romance with someone --- (hussy, ha ha).

So, sweet boomer people, can you help me find Penny (if that's imperative) & Georgia???????
I've followed this w/t to a tee, so I don't know where I'm going wrong. You know your help is always so very appreciated. It's so frustrating when you can't proceed thru a game when your more than half through it.

El

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109304
09/10/05 09:36 PM
09/10/05 09:36 PM
Butterfly Offline
Settled Boomer
Butterfly  Offline
Settled Boomer

Well, I'm not an expert and have played this game previously, but am playing it again. The only thing I can suggeset is go to Pringle's room, which is F34 and Georgia is in B70. If I remember correctly when you are talking to Georgia, her husband walks in. Pringle, I believe will tell you about the conversation and will give you other things to do. Hope this helps.

Butterfly

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109305
09/10/05 11:07 PM
09/10/05 11:07 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
El,
There are many alternate routes in this game. You will be able to get the painting later.

I assume you retrieved the Rubiyat and have given it to Penny in her cabin.

Have you fenced with Willie? If you win 2 rounds, Willie will give you something. If you lose, talk to Smethels, then you can get a reading of the object from Trask.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109306
09/12/05 02:30 AM
09/12/05 02:30 AM
The Land of Hurricanes, U.S.A.
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer
Katsmom  Offline
Settled Boomer

My daughter and I played this game together. The first time through (no walkthrough guidance), we royally messed up! woozy But it's okay to mess up in this game, in fact... it's normal! This is a game that you must play several times (at least) before you're really finished with it. Each time you play, you learn more about what's really necessary and what isn't -- and you work faster. On our fourth game, my daughter and I completed everything correctly... and received the ending to go with it. laugh

Using the walkthrough (constantly) while playing this game can actually be more confusing. Forget it, except for specific questions, and just explore on your own. People will pop up unexpectedly, and you'll never know where or when. If you're too late to collect certain items, you will get another chance later... but you'll probably experience one of the 'alternative' endings. Finish the game anyway. You'll learn for the next time. whistle

It will help to print out the maps of the ship. In the sinking sequence, you won't be able to use your mouse to 'jump' around the ship with the maps. Time is of the essence, and knowing where you're going is critical! eek

Visit the Pursor's office frequently. Ask to see the passenger list when you meet someone new, and look him/her/them up. This triggers events in the game related to these people. If you use the walkthrough to find out which cabins they're in, these events might not happen.

When people don't want to talk to you or give you information... don't give up. Sometimes, trying again and changing your approach can yield positive results. And sometimes, if you say the wrong thing... you lose cooperation that you need. For instance... don't insult the annoying passenger, or he won't invite you to join him in the cafe for an important meeting. slapforehead

This is a unique adventure game. You must expect to play it over and over again, from start to finish, before you truly conquer its challenges. Though you face lots of danger, you can't (won't) be killed off until the end of the game. So, put down that walkthrough, and start exploring... Have fun! laugh

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109308
09/16/05 10:51 PM
09/16/05 10:51 PM
Butterfly Offline
Settled Boomer
Butterfly  Offline
Settled Boomer

I too went to get the painting and it was gone. Figure someone will tell me how to get it later, also only played one game with the German guy and Smethers gave the ring to me. Now I don't know how to be much faster, but I'm trying to get the real necklace and the guy keeps catching me. When I click on the fuse box, I'm not turning around, just waiting until I hear the door, then click on the fuse box again, turn around and see him leave. I've worked the puzzle as fast as I know, but everytime I click on the door, he is already there. Is there anyway I can keep him at bay for a while longer or should I just go into the room in the dark and get the necklace? I've played this game before, but don't remember getting caught so fast and so often. Thanks.

Butterfly

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109310
09/17/05 02:28 AM
09/17/05 02:28 AM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Butterfly,
Do you have the necklace from Georgia? Did you talk to the seaman at the end of the hall about the trouble with the lights? When he goes to get the screwdriver, open the panel and click the switch. Turn around and make sure you see Sasha turning the corner, then switch the lights back on and enter the room. You will have enough time to solve the puzzle and exchange the necklaces.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109312
09/17/05 07:33 PM
09/17/05 07:33 PM
Butterfly Offline
Settled Boomer
Butterfly  Offline
Settled Boomer

I think I just saw my error,I have forgotten to switch the necklaces. All I was doing was picking up the real one. No wonder he catches me every time. Duh!!! Best go get that real one!

Butterfly

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109314
09/17/05 09:42 PM
09/17/05 09:42 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Butterfly,
Necklace spoiler:

Although Georgia thinks her necklace is real, her husband Charles gave the real one to Sasha and had a paste substitute made. Make sure you get the real one.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109316
09/17/05 09:47 PM
09/17/05 09:47 PM
Port Orange,Fla.
Beerhead Offline
Addicted Boomer
Beerhead  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Port Orange,Fla.
I've tried several times to play this game but that elusive rubyat drove me to frustation.Once I found it in the boiler room and put it in another,when I went to retreive it,it wasn't there.Another time it wasn't even in the boiler room at all.I finally gave up after about 5 tries.

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109318
09/17/05 10:19 PM
09/17/05 10:19 PM
The Garden State
LadyKestrel Offline
Adept Boomer
LadyKestrel  Offline
Adept Boomer

The Garden State
Charles is a rat and a lush, Texaslady, and in debt up to his eyeballs. Georgia could do much better. smile

Beerhead,
Getting the Rubiyat to Penny is basically your first mission in the game, but it's easy to get side tracked with other tasks and subplots. If you ever decide to try it again, there are several of us who can help.

Carpe chocolate.
Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109321
09/19/05 12:28 AM
09/19/05 12:28 AM
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer
Katsmom  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
[qb] That's a great rundown of the game, Katsmom--it sounds as though you and your daughter had a wonderful time playing Titanic! Have you seen all the possible endings... think [/qb]
Yes, Jenny -- we had lots of fun with this game. Lucky for me, my daughter's reflexes and memory are excellent... so she did most of the 'traveling' around the ship. praise We got to see many of the endings, though I'm not sure exactly how many there are? We quit when we achieved everything perfectly, and got the ultimate ending. happydance

I guess I can understand how frustrating this game is for some people -- but I thought it was great! thumbsup

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109322
09/19/05 12:33 AM
09/19/05 12:33 AM
Katsmom Offline
Settled Boomer
Katsmom  Offline
Settled Boomer

One more tip to add...

When you do manage to find and collect an important item -- store it with the Purser, to keep it safe from thieves. You can retrieve it whenever you need it, then return it to the Purser's office.

But... make sure you collect all of your stored items from the Purser before the Titanic sinks! eek He disappears, and the office remains closed.

Re: Titanic - Adventure out of time #109325
09/23/05 01:08 PM
09/23/05 01:08 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Katsmom:
We got to see many of the endings, though I'm not sure exactly how many there are?
I think there are three endings, Katsmom, but I wouldn't be prepared to swear to that...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 182 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users