GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109379
09/21/05 02:03 PM
09/21/05 02:03 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline OP
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Post questions, comments, and advice here for the Age of Noloben in Myst V: End of Ages.

Note: -- you may also create your own thread at any time if you have questions or need help for Myst V.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109380
09/23/05 08:42 PM
09/23/05 08:42 PM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Help! I have lost my slate! ROFL. Had it in my hand and couldn't climb the ladder with it, so I drew the symbol for the last pedestal on it and dropped it. Went on up to the Tree icon, but when I went back down the Bahro hadnt picked it up, so I clicked it back. Now I can't find it anywhere..at any pedestal, on the ground, etc.

What did I do?

Kate

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109381
09/24/05 07:54 AM
09/24/05 07:54 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
No idea, KateVa. There are three pedestals (not counting the last one where you release the tablet lock) on Noloben. If the slate doesn't show at any of them, I can't help you.

Sometimes the slate is hard to see on the 2nd and 3rd pedestals. But I think that is only when it's dark.

Try going back later and see if it's back.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109382
09/24/05 08:27 AM
09/24/05 08:27 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Wierd behaviour-indeed, it reappeared back on the floor where I had dropped it after I logged out of the game and then returned.

Small glitches make games interesting! LOL

Kate

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109383
09/24/05 08:51 AM
09/24/05 08:51 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
I had noticed in the demo that dropping the slate near the bottom of that ladder was one place that the Bahro left it alone. Must be because of their fear of snakes (i.e., there are snake holes below the ladder)

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109384
09/24/05 11:10 AM
09/24/05 11:10 AM
virginia
K
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer
KateVa  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

virginia
Ooh, nice hint Dadguy! S'truth-I had to return to the beach to get it to work.

Kate

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109385
09/25/05 04:26 PM
09/25/05 04:26 PM
Georgia
mikeplay Offline
Settled Boomer
mikeplay  Offline
Settled Boomer

Georgia
Hi I have a problem I think I am trying to draw the snake but the bahro keep trying to pick up as if they are not afraid of it and they are supposed to be. Mike

I intend to live forever......so far, so good.
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109386
09/25/05 05:15 PM
09/25/05 05:15 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
OK. Make sure you have the symbol right (looks like an E, but curvy). Also, be aware that the snake scares him away, but the symbol of the snake fades after 90 seconds and then the Bahro will come back and take the slate.

Good luck!

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109387
09/25/05 09:49 PM
09/25/05 09:49 PM
WA
dragonia Offline
Shy Boomer
dragonia  Offline
Shy Boomer

WA
I'm baaaaack! Hey how do you get the slate to the top of the keep? I'm assuming it needs to be there for the bahro to pick it up and stand on the tree.

BTW does anyone have a hard time drawing on the slate and having the bahro understand it??? I thought I was drawing pretty good but they don't think so.

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109388
09/25/05 10:41 PM
09/25/05 10:41 PM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Dragonia, do you mean to the top of the stone dome?

The Keep is the area out on the island with the large stone door with the tree symbol on it.

The key for getting the slate to areas where you can't carry it (like up stairs) is to find the symbol of a pedestal there and writing it on the slate. The Bahro will then carry it for you to the next pedestal. Then you will find a new link to the new pedestal on the HOME pedestal (the first one you arrive at) in the Age.

Yes, many have had trouble with the drawings and getting them recognized.

Have fun.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109389
09/26/05 03:06 AM
09/26/05 03:06 AM
London, UK
A
Alan Thorn Offline
Shy Boomer
Alan Thorn  Offline
Shy Boomer
A

London, UK
*Spoiler*

I read in the demo walkthrough about the need to use that stone building to translate bewteen number systems, D'ni to Bahro or whatever. Is there something I "myst" or is there a place in this game where I can find out how I translate all these symbols?

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109390
09/26/05 07:21 AM
09/26/05 07:21 AM
Wilmington, DE
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer
dadguy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wilmington, DE
Hi Alan,

No, you myst nothing rotfl . What you heard is exactly right. From the outside of the stone building you have everything you need to convert the D'ni symbols to Bahro symbols. Look around, look in windows. See if you can figure it out. Come back here if you want a spoiler.

Dadguy

Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109391
09/26/05 09:29 PM
09/26/05 09:29 PM
Northa Carolna
MO Offline
Shy Boomer
MO  Offline
Shy Boomer

Northa Carolna
Ok, I'm STUCK!! What am I suppose to do with these windows in the laboratory on the plateau?
I understand what to do with the smaller stones but just can't do those windows. Help please. Is there any way to make the solution simple? (chuckles)

Martha
Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Noloben #109392
09/26/05 09:54 PM
09/26/05 09:54 PM
New Mexico
Kero Offline
Shy Boomer
Kero  Offline
Shy Boomer

New Mexico
May be a Spoiler:

First MO did you get the four Bahro symbols you needed from the water puzzel? If so, now you must look for them by peering into every window around the outside of the lab. To help in finding them, close all the windows first. As you look in a window and see the symbol you want on the opposite wall, leave that window open. If you get them right the four symbols are opposite each other and you can verify by the open window below. And to show you how twisted the Cyan minds are - you may think the D'ni symbol on the window you opened is the translation of the symbol across the room - but it's not evil Connect open window symbol to the Bahro symbol directly above it. luck

A little nonsence now and then is relished by the wisest (wo)men.
Myst 5 - Noloben #109807
10/02/05 10:38 PM
10/02/05 10:38 PM
Pennsylvania
Cat in the Hat Offline
Settled Boomer
Cat in the Hat  Offline
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania
Help! I am at the top of the lab and have enscribed three symbols on the tablet that have been turned into linking buttons, (rain station, bottom of lab "box", and top of lab "circle"), but I cannot get the lens to dissolve the rock on the island. I have used the walkthrough, but even if I follow it, when I get over to the rock, it is still there. I don't understand the connection between drawing the snake and getting the rock dissolved. What can I do? How can the creatures get to the tablet to transform it if I leave it in front of the lens?

Re: Myst 5 - Noloben #109808
10/02/05 10:49 PM
10/02/05 10:49 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat in the Hat:
Help! I am at the top of the lab and have enscribed three symbols on the tablet that have been turned into linking buttons, (rain station, bottom of lab "box", and top of lab "circle"), but I cannot get the lens to dissolve the rock on the island. I have used the walkthrough, but even if I follow it, when I get over to the rock, it is still there. I don't understand the connection between drawing the snake and getting the rock dissolved. What can I do? How can the creatures get to the tablet to transform it if I leave it in front of the lens?
If you recall Esher said that Bahro were afraid of snakes, or anything resembling that. In his lab, one of the pinned up drawings is the outline shape of the Noloben tablet with a wiggly S drawn..to represent a snake.

The point of drawing that on the tablet and setting it down in front of the lens is not to get the Bahro to transform it, but delay him popping in and standing on that spot when he comes back to pick up the slate long enough for you to run and be in front of the stone door..so when Bahro comes back, you'll be ready to race through when the door dissolves.

Re: Myst 5 - Noloben #109809
10/02/05 11:03 PM
10/02/05 11:03 PM
N.C.
Dhart53 Offline
Settled Boomer
Dhart53  Offline
Settled Boomer

N.C.
I managed to get into the little rock once and listened to Esher about the "other" ending. When I released the tablet in the Keep and went back to Direbo the tablet was not in the linking bubble. Unless it was on the floor...highly unlikely, as neet as these creatures are. Also, I could not find anything there except the bridges. What did I do wrong? By the way...I tried to repeat the Rock Door thing and it didn't work, why?

Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday.
Re: Myst 5 - Noloben #109810
10/02/05 11:22 PM
10/02/05 11:22 PM
drdel Offline
Settled Boomer
drdel  Offline
Settled Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhart53:
I managed to get into the little rock once and listened to Esher about the "other" ending. When I released the tablet in the Keep and went back to Direbo the tablet was not in the linking bubble. Unless it was on the floor...highly unlikely, as neet as these creatures are. Also, I could not find anything there except the bridges. What did I do wrong? By the way...I tried to repeat the Rock Door thing and it didn't work, why?
Perhaps I'm not understanding you, but if you've 'released' the tablet in the Keep (ie behind the stone door), by which I am assuming you mean you touched the glowing slate, and it moved down unlocking that side of the tablet, then you are done with Noloben. There's no Noloben slate back at the first pedestal or back at the Direbo bubble because you are finished with that world now and you've done what you were supposed to do there. The rock door won't open again because you have no slate with which to get the Bahro to stand in front of the lens again. Not that you need it, since there will be a Keep symbol on the Noloben first pedestal, if you really wanted to go back there again to look around.

Time to move along to the next world via Direbo, or if you forgot to unlock the bridge gates, you'd have to go back to the D'ni restingroom and go find the next restingroom to link to another bubble in Direbo.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 182 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users