GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Phantasmat: Endless Night mini-review #1094189
12/26/16 03:32 PM
12/26/16 03:32 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Recently bought this older game, and enjoyed it very much. The story plot is the usual cliché of "Save the Kidnapped Person," but plot is usually irrelevant in these games. It is the game play itself that attracts us. This game will not surprise you with innovation. The HOG scenes vary from time to time, but mostly they are the find-the-skis type. Each scene in the game itself is very routine: doors to be unlocked, grates to be removed, circuits to be fixed. With a few exceptions, everything you need generally is in that same scene, so no dogging it all over the universe to find that old crowbar you saw yesterday. I wish there had been more scene-to-scene connection, because the repetitiveness nudged my Boredom toggle. There seldom are enough mini-games in these Casual for my taste, and the ones in this game were far too easy, but each was well designed and fun. The Bonus Game (I bought the CE) was fairly short as they go.

I mainly enjoyed Endless Night because it is a large game for a Casual. Usually, you knock off one of these games in a day's playing. The short ones I have finished in a single sitting. This one will take you far longer simply because of its breadth. I came back to it multiple times over several days of playing.

I wish the game had diverged a bit, brought some innovation in, surprised me, but that never happened. Well, almost never: The ending was a bit of a surprise. Not an unusual ending for many films, but the first time I saw it in a Casual game. There are the usual "Collectibles" in each scene, but there is no reward for collecting them. In more recent Casuals, you get an extra scene for gathering all of them, but not this game. You can tweak every aspect of the playing difficulty and probably all but have the Collectibles jump off the screen at you. ha ha

I bought it with a half-price coupon, so felt it was very much worth the cost. I'd put it in the middle of the pack, rating-wise.

Re: Phantasmat: Endless Night mini-review [Re: Reenie] #1094197
12/26/16 04:42 PM
12/26/16 04:42 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you very much for that informative review, Reenie. Much appreciated. We love to hear feedback on these games. wave12

Re: Phantasmat: Endless Night mini-review [Re: Marian] #1094202
12/26/16 06:37 PM
12/26/16 06:37 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks. I have appreciated the ones other gamers have posted. Wish more would do so! wink

Re: Phantasmat: Endless Night mini-review [Re: Reenie] #1094211
12/26/16 09:52 PM
12/26/16 09:52 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Hi Reenie. I also appreciate hearing what you and others think of these games but I was never very good at "book reports". Anyway, I am always behind on my playing. For instance, I just played last year's Christmas Story game about 2 weeks ago. Didn't buy this year's yet.

Re: Phantasmat: Endless Night mini-review [Re: Reenie] #1094363
12/28/16 04:55 PM
12/28/16 04:55 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
I agree about appreciating the information, and a mini review is all 99% of casual games need and merit.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, hagatha), 574 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users