GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
The Adventure Shop Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#109504 - 09/22/05 08:30 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
OK, have to edit that last post. Doesnt seem to matter where I drop the slate-the Bahro warms things up and leaves the slate behind. I quickly go back over the slate to pick it up and then "park" it (just carry the slate to the pedestal by the main hut Geo) on the pedestal.When the steam stops I run back to the pedestal and repeat the process. Playing with bubbles now!

Kate

#109505 - 09/22/05 08:58 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Wilmington, DE
OK, Geo and KateVA.

There are two items that you have asked about. Let me try to go over them.

1.) Moving slates up ladders... Yes, you can't carry the slate up that ladder. So, you have to get the Bahro to carry it for you. To do this all you have to do is draw the symbol from the pedestal that is at the top of the ladder on the slate and drop it. Back away and the Bahro will pick it up and put it on the pedestal that has that symbol. This will also add a NEW link spot on the home pedestal (pedestal #1) so you can always get to the new area from pedestal #1. You'll use this many times in the game to travel to other pedestals that are unreachable. Then just walk up the ladder and pick up the slate from the pedestal at the top of the ladder (pedestal #2 in this Age).

2. The steam and heat! When you make the heat symbol and drop the slate, back away... the Bahro will appear and will turn on the geysers and steam. Pick up the slate so you can use it again without chasing it back to pedestal #1. You do NOT have to leave the slate anywhere to have the heat "work on" a certain switch... it just has to be turned on. So, when you need the steam and heat, just call the symbol again (it will be on your "menu" of symbols) and it will be drawn again. Do this again near the switches that are frozen to "thaw" them for approximately 90 seconds. Quickley set the switch positions where you want them before the steam stops. If you run out of time, call him again for another 90 seconds.

Having fun!

Dadguy

#109506 - 09/22/05 09:03 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Northwestern New Mexico, USA
VERY clear explanation, Dadguy--many thanks!!! It is becoming clear that you are going to be our Myst V expert too. praise

Btw, where are the saves for this one--in the "My Documents" folder... think

#109507 - 09/22/05 09:04 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
jayne Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Utah
How the heck do you back up? I always have to drop slate, turn around, and advance before I hear the Bahro sound. By the time I turn back around he disappears.

I'm having some problems manuvering in this game. Uru and Myst IV were very smooth. In this game I seem to be going too fast and have problems turning. Any advice?

Thanks.
Jayne

#109509 - 09/22/05 09:46 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Jayne, I know what you mean.

Here is a clue for "backing up" which is the best way to drop the slate... you get to watch the Bahro!

I found that the SCROLLer button, if you have one, can be "clicked" like a button. If you click it down instead of "rolling" it, you will back up for as long as you hold the button down.

Try it!

You can always reach over and use the DOWN arrow or the S button to back up also.

As far as maneuvering, it all depends on which "mode" you use. I like the freedom of Advanced Full motion, but the Classic and Classic+ are simpler but give less options. As far as speed, try slowing the mouse sensitivity. Keep trying till you have the best combo.

Cool game!

Dadguy

#109510 - 09/22/05 10:04 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

I found that using the same method of moving around that I used in Uru works really well for me. I'm not sure which of the methods described it is, but I use the arrow keys to move and swing the mouse around to look...

#109512 - 09/23/05 06:52 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
wheelchairwarrior Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Lancashire United Kingdom
I too am stuck at the beginning. I have drawn the shape of an envelope on a slate and dropped it. The bahro pick it up and put it back,and the drawing has gone, but I still can't get over the bridge. What am I missing?

#109513 - 09/23/05 08:41 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Wheel,

I assume you mean the beginning of Tahgira. Where are you stuck exactly? Did you get the slate up the ladder to the second pedestal?

Dadguy

#109514 - 09/23/05 09:26 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
KateVa Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: virginia
Wheel-the "shape of an envelope" sounds to me like the first shape in the icy cave. If so, put it on the same shape you see on the floor of the cave...

Dadguy-my thanks to you again for the Slate Instructions. An addendum-I couldnt operate the wheels on the huts while I had the slate in hand, and that is when I returned it to the pedestal.

I also found that writing the symbol for another pedestal gave you instant access to that area. Handy!

Kate

#109515 - 09/23/05 11:58 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Wheel, is the steam keeping you from crossing the bridge? If you wait a minute or so, the steam will disperse and you'll be able to cross...

#109516 - 09/23/05 11:59 AM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
wheelchairwarrior Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Lancashire United Kingdom
thanks all, i realised my mistake and i have now gone through the hole and up the laddersa and am at present floundering about in the snow! any help gratefully accepted

#109517 - 09/23/05 01:43 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
mikeplay Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Georgia
Hi I have got across to the graveyard, am trying to draw on slate to get into bubble but it keeps rejecting me.I think I am drawing it right I just do not know if there is something I missed. Mike

I intend to live forever......so far, so good.

#109518 - 09/23/05 01:52 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
dadguy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Hi Mikeplay,

That symbol is hard to see. Let's see if I can describe it...

SPOILER!

The symbol is four rectangles on top of each other. The top one is big, under it is a small one, under it is another big one, and under it the last one is another small one. So, large small large small stacked on top of each other. The large ones are the same size and the small ones are the same size. There is no space between them.

Hope that helps... If you get it right the 1st pedestal will get a new symbol on it to get you across the divide.

Dadguy

#109519 - 09/23/05 03:41 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
mikeplay Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Georgia
Dadguy I had it right, it just wanted me to draw them a little better not much better just a little better. Thanks Mike

I intend to live forever......so far, so good.

#109520 - 09/23/05 04:14 PM Re: Myst V: End of Ages -- Hints and Spoilers for Tahgira
whistler Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: VA
Hi all, great game!
I moved all the6 switches to the right, the symbols are there. Now, I cant get the blue and yellow switches to work.

Help please,
Whistler

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
2 registered (Robar, Haroula), 56 Guests and 40 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Poppysmom, shaun9991, weakstorm, 123pazu, dawnmann
8420 Registered Users